1. PvP state of hunters and SV spec.

Hello hunter community,
    So recently I turned 80 on Lorda and started doing research on the class. Never bothered to do that before since BM lvling is pretty basic.
    From what I could find on the formus. There are loads of oppinions about hunter but it seems that hunter is rather bugged in terms of pets and so. Making in a bit handicapped. Im mostly interested in PvP however I dont want to join the mainstream train that is MM. Although most of the posts suggest that it is the only way to go..I was interested in SV. Seems like something diffrent tbh. How viable is it? And any guides I could look into, apart from the one that is in warmane.
    Thanks for responses!
    Edited: March 30, 2017

2. In retail Wrath, back in the day, SV used to be the go to spec for endgame and PvP content. I have read several people on here recommend MM as the 80 spec of choice, and I'm sure they have crunched the numbers, but Survival is a very viable spec and can acquit itself quite well.

3. I'd say any spec that doesn't include Readiness and Aimed Shot is blasphemous. They're far too good to give up. Survival not really viable considering you need to gem a bunch of Spell Pen in which case you lose valuable stats like armor pen.
    Edited: April 28, 2017

4. May 4, 2017  
    With the ArPen of ICC raids, hunters can use this attribute to do better in arena. ArPen > Attack power, so MM > SV. And also, u hae to gem SPen in SV spec.