1. I've said over a year ago they want MoP gone. At the time you could say i was salty but now....idk
    You were salty and you remained salty.
    Praise your salt!

2. OMG... so much drama... First of all... Frostwalf realm increased it's population recently... Idk if u guys remember, but 5-6 months ago, we had 1.8k ppl tops... Now again, we often go over 2k, sometimes even 2.6... And even 1.8 or 2k ppl is not a small number... You ppl keep exaggerating... PVP is busy enough and you can have quite a lot of fun here, despite the remaining issues we have... Ofc... It would have been great if they have fixed some obvious bugs that we keep on struggling with, but it is getting better... Slowly, BUT IT IS...

As of TBC realm... I still hope it is a joke, as that expansion itself is a huge joke as well.... it's yet another obsolete game for obsolete players.....It is just obvious choice for warmane, as now that they are close to final content on WOTLK and population is expected to decline soon. TBC is just their way of trying to mask yet another variation of the same game to keep their numbers... Something like; IF YOU'RE FINSHED WITH WOTLK, TRY OUR TBC REALM.... And they will already have everything pretty much scripted and ready from WOTLK... Even if it does happen, it will mostly attract ppl from WOTLK, I don't believe we'll have noticeable impact on our realm... And as of Frostwolf... As long as we are getting fixes, we are good to go... eventually, it willt attract more ppl...

3. OMG... so much drama... First of all... Frostwalf realm increased it's population recently... Idk if u guys remember, but 5-6 months ago, we had 1.8k ppl tops... Now again, we often go over 2k, sometimes even 2.6... And even 1.8 or 2k ppl is not a small number... You ppl keep exaggerating... PVP is busy enough and you can have quite a lot of fun here, despite the remaining issues we have... Ofc... It would have been great if they have fixed some obvious bugs that we keep on struggling with, but it is getting better... Slowly, BUT IT IS...

As of TBC realm... I still hope it is a joke, as that expansion itself is a huge joke as well.... it's yet another obsolete game for obsolete players.....It is just obvious choice for warmane, as now that they are close to final content on WOTLK and population is expected to decline soon. TBC is just their way of trying to mask yet another variation of the same game to keep their numbers... Something like; IF YOU'RE FINSHED WITH WOTLK, TRY OUR TBC REALM.... And they will already have everything pretty much scripted and ready from WOTLK... Even if it does happen, it will mostly attract ppl from WOTLK, I don't believe we'll have noticeable impact on our realm... And as of Frostwolf... As long as we are getting fixes, we are good to go... eventually, it willt attract more ppl...
    Increase population???? 1 month ago we had 2700 players in sunday, yesterday we had 2000 max....
    We used to have 2300 every day in peak times, now we have 1800 in peak times. Is this a population increase???

4. Increase population???? 1 month ago we had 2700 players in sunday, yesterday we had 2000 max....
    We used to have 2300 every day in peak times, now we have 1800 in peak times. Is this a population increase???
    Yes... but also, six months ago, we never had over 1.8, very often just around 1.5... so just look at the little bit wider picture... Plus... It is spring... everything is nice and sunny, ppl is expected to decline a bit... specially in the summer, it is always like that... But if u consider that we have more players now than during the winter when for sure more ppl play... It is an increase...

5. Hello folks,
    I have been here for 5 years with longer and shorter breaks.
    I have enjoyed the mop realm a lot and for the last year I have had chars on both horde and alliance.
    On alliance you actually do not feel the low population as it's easy to get skilled mates for caps, ques for bgs decent guilds etc.
    On horde it's pretty much dead end. I needed a full day to cap 2 chars, but on alliance it takes me 1 hour. The problem is that there are really few top notch players on horde side and skilled guilds are missing that enjoy pvp.
    There is too big skill gap between the factions. For example I'm in alliance in VV guild it's pretty decent in PvP (basically you can cap with anyone there), guys speak fluent English and it's fun to communicate.
    In horde - I have tried all "PvP" guild besides Hysteria - it's either a dead guild with 5 guys online and 10 guys at the peak hours or something like Devastation with 50 people online, but some still figuring out the rotation (no joke, someone asked me today).
    Do not get me wrong, Devastation is not a bad guild, but it lacks players that can compete but it actually is what 70% of WoW population needs and demands. Hysteria could be the guild that has the players, but they are just so few in number that it usually ends by guys talking to themselves in guild chat. Horde desperately needs 2k rated players to make it competitive and fun again and from these 2k players there will rise the elite players and the cycle will go on and on.

I would say that Hysteria same as U DOGS are "elite" guilds, that is there but horde is missing some "top" guilds that should be step between Devastation, Fatality etc. to elite guilds and that is killing a lot of fun for me. With this I mean that the horde is missing a part of community - for me that part of community is what I need to keep me playing here.
    I will transfer my ally chars to horde and look for a guild like that to help it rise as it's needed to save the community. Actually, if some "top" guild made the steps to switch to horde it would be awesome for the server and community. I'm not some elitist jerkist myself but consider to be above the average level of skill as I have managed to get 2,2k achievs with plenty chars here. I would suggest other players also to consider rolling horde, as we basically need to save the population there.

And P.S. I just lack time and effort to make a guild of my own, as I'm mostly a Sunday gamer at this point in my life.

To prove my point check the Armory, in top 100 the alliance outnumbers horde 1:5. http://armory.warmane.com/ladder/2v2/Frostwolf
    Also such things and human racial does not really matter at 2k, it might make a difference here and there, but mostly such things play role at only the top 10s. And in Blizzcon there were teams that rolled horde for special mashups to abuse the Orc racials and get shorter stuncloks vs RMP so racials is not the reason here.

If there is a guild like that feel free to let me know I would be delighted to be entertained on the horde side :)
    I really did not try to offend anyone, I'm trying to share my opinion and maybe, just maybe make Warmane grow.

EDIT:
    I just checked the 3v3 top. 10:1 alliance players vs horde.
    So basically if 3v3 is what you want you got to roll alliance and leave horde in even worse position, and that is a problem. As many would like to play, but they just can't assemble above average teams in 3v3 bracket. Okay there mght be some elitists that manage to do that - but that's that.
    Edited: April 3, 2017

6. SLOWLY, but it is...
    As you said: SLOWLY... and that is considering it up to date, ie with no new expansion. Now that they have a new expansion, the development will be even SLOWER (if you can imagine that... although I guess you can, since you just needed to play cata BEFORE the new exp. (I guess cata players know what I mean)).

As of TBC realm... I still hope it is a joke
    I was hoping that too, but it looks like a reality. Now, if the Staff wanted to do a 'decent' move, eliminate cata server and merge those players with mop ones, so mop would have a little more of players and the resources wouldn't be split so much as it is now. (But it's most probably not going to happen).

P.S. It's a real shame that the best cata server nowadays (some of you know who I'm referring to) is not developing a mop server (so warmane could have some competence), and in its place it's developing a new (guess what) TBC expansion too.
    Edited: April 3, 2017

7. I was hoping that too, but it looks like a reality. If the Staff wanted to do a 'decent' move, eliminate cata server and merge those players with mop ones, so mop would have a little more of players and the resources wouldn't be split so much as it is now. (But it's most probably not going to happen).
    As long as Neltharion remains "home" for some players I don't think it should be removed. Ever. Who are we as Frostwolf players to say that someone else's realm should go away to improve our own?

What they could (and in my view, should) do is give fully geared Neltharion players an option to go to Frostwolf with at least partially Prideful gear. That would still give them incentive to play and potentially donate. But just saying "ok, here' a level 85 toon for you on Frostwolf" is no answer since they would quickly level to 90 and then hit the same buzzsaw that awaits all new pvp players on Frostwolf.

They need to show some creativity on this issue. I'm not convinced that Frostwolf's demise is by any means imminent, but Neltharion should be a warning sign for what could happen to it eventually. Are they just gonna sit back and let that happen? Do something creative. That's why they are devs- to develop reasons for new people to come play on their server.

8. As long as Neltharion remains "home" for some players I don't think it should be removed. Ever. Who are we as Frostwolf players to say that someone else's realm should go away to improve our own?
    Not "us", the Staff, for the sake of the server.

I really don't understand the attachment of some people to things/services when there are better choices. I, for the other hand, am 'stuck' here on mop warmane, because of no decent competition out there atm... but Cataclysm? (Sure there is).

Now, the creativity, as you say, is always welcome, obviously.

9. At the risk of throwing cold water on my own suggestion, I think there may be a better way of handling this issue than the conquest cap catchup mechanic.

I played MoP on retail, and I remember how it worked. Tons of people would just tank their mmr low enough so they could tacitly win trade at the lowest of the low mmrs (e.g. 500 mmr). Usually they didn't know the other players, so it wasn't explicit wintrading, but you'd wait for the gate to open and hope that it was someone insta-leaving who was tanking his mmr.

I didn't do that, but I did use a geared hunter on one account to queue 2v2 arena all day with a fresh 90 alt on a different account. Once your mmr got low enough, it was easy to 1v2, and you'd get a lot of free wins from people tanking their mmr. I could get a fresh 90 toon to full prideful in about 2 days on the weekend. It was fun, but it wasn't exactly pvp at its finest.

Sometimes I'd see actual naked toons on the other team, and I would occasionally equip my "naked" set specifically so we could fight naked. We were literally punching each other in arena, spamming "rofls" and the like. It was hilarious, but kind of a farce. That's probably why they took away the ability to do that at some point (I forget exactly how they did it, but a lot of people were bummed). I think it's pretty inevitable that fresh 90 toons on Frostwolf would do the same kind of things. They certainly can't win arena games legitimately.

I think maybe a better idea would be to have Timeless Isle bosses and quest mobs drop a lot of grievous gear. The bosses dropped prideful gear on retail, so they could at least have grievous gear be easily available there. People like to get free stuff, it gives them hope to keep playing.

Just do something, though.

10. At the risk of throwing cold water on my own suggestion, I think there may be a better way of handling this issue than the conquest cap catchup mechanic.

I played MoP on retail, and I remember how it worked. Tons of people would just tank their mmr low enough so they could tacitly win trade at the lowest of the low mmrs (e.g. 500 mmr). Usually they didn't know the other players, so it wasn't explicit wintrading, but you'd wait for the gate to open and hope that it was someone insta-leaving who was tanking his mmr.

I didn't do that, but I did use a geared hunter on one account to queue 2v2 arena all day with a fresh 90 alt on a different account. Once your mmr got low enough, it was easy to 1v2, and you'd get a lot of free wins from people tanking their mmr. I could get a fresh 90 toon to full prideful in about 2 days on the weekend. It was fun, but it wasn't exactly pvp at its finest.

Sometimes I'd see actual naked toons on the other team, and I would occasionally equip my "naked" set specifically so we could fight naked. We were literally punching each other in arena, spamming "rofls" and the like. It was hilarious, but kind of a farce. That's probably why they took away the ability to do that at some point (I forget exactly how they did it, but a lot of people were bummed). I think it's pretty inevitable that fresh 90 toons on Frostwolf would do the same kind of things. They certainly can't win arena games legitimately.

I think maybe a better idea would be to have Timeless Isle bosses and quest mobs drop a lot of grievous gear. The bosses dropped prideful gear on retail, so they could at least have grievous gear be easily available there. People like to get free stuff, it gives them hope to keep playing.

Just do something, though.
    There are already many blocks to win-trading and mmr dropping in response to what you have stated. For the most part, this will be of no issue.

People may wintrade, but they run the risk of a very lengthy ban. It wouldn't be worth it for anyone. Specially when they can just cap through Battlegrounds.

Celestial bosses in Timeless Isle are also meant to drop Prideful gear, and at the moment that too is bugged. I reported it, but haven't gotten any indication that anyone really gives a damn. Will just have to wait for the new Outland realm to be finished, followed by a new vanilla realm before we can get any real work done on Frostwolf it seems...

11. People may wintrade, but they run the risk of a very lengthy ban. It wouldn't be worth it for anyone. Specially when they can just cap through Battlegrounds.
    *Permanent Ban

Will just have to wait for the new Outland realm to be finished, followed by a new vanilla realm before we can get any real work done on Frostwolf it seems...
    So 3-5 years ?

12. OMG... so much drama... First of all... Frostwalf realm increased it's population recently... Idk if u guys remember, but 5-6 months ago, we had 1.8k ppl tops... Now again, we often go over 2k, sometimes even 2.6... And even 1.8 or 2k ppl is not a small number... You ppl keep exaggerating... PVP is busy enough and you can have quite a lot of fun here, despite the remaining issues we have... Ofc... It would have been great if they have fixed some obvious bugs that we keep on struggling with, but it is getting better... Slowly, BUT IT IS...
    I feel like you are either living under a rock or just haven't been here long enough compared to other veteran players who played here since Day 1. I migrated from Frostwolf(Cataclysm) to MoP when it was just Stormstout(Molten days)... Server used to be capped with anywhere between 1.5k-1.8k people in queue. Then came Moltdown and Warmane rose from the ashes like the proverbial phoenix and yet the server always seemed to be player capped. Now, its barely 1k players at peak times. As for the census numbers under the Information tab, many active players will tell you those might not be accurate.

13. It pretty much is, yeah. (Credits- I actually have toons on those servers. Their pvp scene is awful compared to Frostwolf). And one of them will be getting far worse very soon because the main realm of the server is moving to Legion. This isn't a server like Warmane which has always had a few different expansions- it's one of these servers which generally only has one expansion going at a time. They say they will keep their MoP server alive, but it's going to be alive in name only. Leaving Frostwolf the only real choice for MoP pvp.
    You may be right. Frostwolf for MoP PvP seems like a decent choice for English Speaking players although as a mainly PvE player the Servers-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named are miles ahead in terms of Frostwolf PvE scene which was my original point. This thread seems to have shifted towards PvP discussion so I will see myself out.

14. they have been working on tbc since last summer, was this server getting neglected? no

if your worried, do something yourself to promote it, instead of whining to nobody in threads like this.

new people read these threads so making them is counter-productive to your cause.

15. To prove my point check the Armory, in top 100 the alliance outnumbers horde 1:5. http://armory.warmane.com/ladder/2v2/Frostwolf
    Also such things and human racial does not really matter at 2k, it might make a difference here and there, but mostly such things play role at only the top 10s. And in Blizzcon there were teams that rolled horde for special mashups to abuse the Orc racials and get shorter stuncloks vs RMP so racials is not the reason here.
    O yes for sure racial is the reason for arenas..You must be crazy ignoring that by saying its opposite as you claim etc..Blizzard made huge mistake with racials specially on human..Since you linked the armory check how many players are humans! double trinket with stun reduction who wins??? you know the answer as others..

First ... 23456 Last