1. Save Frostwolf!

Don't let this realm die, I don't want to have to play only lich (Expansion that tires me), but the population of this realm is decreasing. 2 month ago we had a mid of 2,3k players, and now we have 1,9-2k in the peak times.
    Start a harcore advertising campaign for Frostwolf realm, try to merge with other mop realms (There are some servers with 1500-1900 population, union make force) like banks when they are in crisis. I recruited a lot of friends to this realm, but isn't enought. This realm need more attention or will end like Neltharion. I'm having alot of fun on this realm, and I don't want to lose all my chars again.

2. I think one thing that may help is that there's another well-known MoP realm (won't name it but you probably know which one) which will soon be coming out with a Legion server that should take a lot of their MoP players. After that, I think their MoP realm will actually die, and Frostwolf will be the clear choice for MoP, especially MoP pvp. It already is, imo, but it will be completely clear to everyone after that.

But I agree- people have to know about it first. It doesn't help that when you google search for "Warmane" the result comes back entitled "WoW WOTLK private server."
    Edited: March 31, 2017

3. Things happen, the other week friend/guild mate got his account hacked and all of his gear and characters deleted, they were restored, but only empty characters, of course, you want gear back, donate or spend decades gearing up again. As he was our Main Tank and as for fun Flag carrier in BGs. Trying and gearing him up again is to much time, besides being at full stop at raiding. For this reason a lot of people said/saying goodbye to a Frostwolf/Warmane, thats just how it is.

4. what's the point of this thread?

you keep saying this in public and it becomes true
    and you can thank yourself.

5. The reason the realm gains no new players is because Blueao refuses to fix the Conquest Catchup system. I know a lot of people who rather play on other MoP servers that have it fixed, simply because you gear faster. No one wants to join Frostwolf because it takes 3 months to even be viable for PvP, thus there's 0 competition going on.

I, like you, really don't want to see this realm die, but there's nothing that can be done unless the devs change their minds and actually implement this BLIZZLIKE system.

6. The reason the realm gains no new players is because Blueao refuses to fix the Conquest Catchup system. I know a lot of people who rather play on other MoP servers that have it fixed, simply because you gear faster. No one wants to join Frostwolf because it takes 3 months to even be viable for PvP, thus there's 0 competition going on.
    I think there's a lot of truth to this, though I'm personally not aware of any other English-speaking MoP servers which will even be an option for pvp once a certain other server opens their Legion server (and I've looked hard). But yeah, the pvp grind takes a really long time, and you have to really want to play here to go through it. We all know that financial considerations come into play here. Maybe they could adopt a middle ground- allow, say, a 12000 conquest catchup cap so someone can get half their Prideful gear quickly.

Also, some may disagree with this, but I think one thing that might help would be to give certain well-known players toons with some free gear if they agree play on and promote Frostwolf. I seem to recall guys like Hydra and Reckful having VIP accounts on the old AT/Blackrock server and you would see them promoting it. I wouldn't have even known about AT if not for them.

I see a lot of guys on Arena Junkies saying they didn't appreciate MoP pvp enough at the time, and the last season of MoP in particular is one that a lot of pvp'ers remember fondly. That's 5.4.8. If someone like Reckful wanted to play here, I personally wouldn't care if he didn't have to go get farmed in bgs for a long time to do so. Others may disagree.

The basic point remains, though- 5.4.8 is known as a very good time in WoW pvp. For that reason, I don't personally think Frostwolf pvp will ever truly die out, since I just don't see any other English-speaking servers out there to compete with it. Millions of players enjoyed MoP pvp, and, if they want to experience it, they pretty much have to come here. Warmane could do a better job of tapping into that marketplace, imo, but, regardless, I don't think the pvp scene will die out even if they don't.

7. The reason the realm gains no new players is because Blueao refuses to fix the Conquest Catchup system. I know a lot of people who rather play on other MoP servers that have it fixed, simply because you gear faster. No one wants to join Frostwolf because it takes 3 months to even be viable for PvP, thus there's 0 competition going on.

I, like you, really don't want to see this realm die, but there's nothing that can be done unless the devs change their minds and actually implement this BLIZZLIKE system.
    Im not so sure if fixing that would actually increase the population.
    The opposite might be the case. If ppl earn more cp they are also faster BiS geared and get faster bored because they have no incentive to play anymore.

8. Im not so sure if fixing that would actually increase the population.
    The opposite might be the case. If ppl earn more cp they are also faster BiS geared and get faster bored because they have no incentive to play anymore.
    I think my middle ground idea would help here- let them catchup enough to be somewhat competitive, but still have an incentive to play for many weeks. They would also have an incentive to donate to complete the gearing faster. There's a lot of people who wouldn't think of donating for a full set of Prideful gear who might be willing to donate for a piece or two. Warmane is losing out on their donations if they look at the pvp scene and see they would have to get farmed for weeks and weeks before a piece or two of gear would make a noticeable difference. Those people won't even play here at all, much less donate.

Another point is that, at least for bgs, I think it's more horde side that is dying rather than Frostwolf as a whole. A lot of the good players seem to have left for ally side. The players need to help with this. It wouldn't take too many good ally players to decide to go horde and either make their own guild or join an established horde pvp guild to make a noticeable difference in the pvp scene.

So if you're a good ally pvp'er and want to help the server, consider going horde. One thing that Warmane HAS done right is making faction change available for points, so this will hopefully keep the faction imbalance from getting too bad.

9. I think there's a lot of truth to this, though I'm personally not aware of any other English-speaking MoP servers which will even be an option for pvp
    That's the thing, people rather play on shady russian servers that have worse scripts than waste their time gearing up here. I recently recruited a retail gladiator and his partners to the guild, only to have him switch to the aforementioned server just because it took too long to gear here.

10. I agree with Halta with fixing the conquest catchup system. It will really help balance out the gear gap between fresh 90s and people who just faceroll bis gear all day. It's like the 3rd of 4th season (I think) that prideful gear has been out, so it's not gonna totally disrupt the pvp scene. On top of that, people still have to earn their conquest; this implementation wouldn't be giving it out for free. It makes no sense to not fix this if it is something that the realm population wants, and if it is causing the realm to lose players as well as potential players. It should be a win for everyone.

11. The reason the realm gains no new players is because Blueao refuses to fix the Conquest Catchup system. I know a lot of people who rather play on other MoP servers that have it fixed, simply because you gear faster. No one wants to join Frostwolf because it takes 3 months to even be viable for PvP, thus there's 0 competition going on.

Im not so sure if fixing that would actually increase the population.
    I have the same doubt. It's not that I don't want this issue to be fixed (even more being BLIZZLIKE, as quoted above), but it's understandable the hesitation.

Maybe they could adopt a middle ground- allow, say, a 12000 conquest catchup cap so someone can get half their Prideful gear quickly.
    That might not be a bad idea, but it's not blizzlike... and don't get me wrong, I'm not against 'custom' implementations if they make a better server (hell, there are many things that can be done better than in retail), but as I said in other thread: "if it's not blizzlike, it's not going to happen", even if "it" is or might be a good measure.
    Edited: March 31, 2017 Reason: forum fell and didnt save my previous changes

12. what's the point of this thread?

you keep saying this in public and it becomes true
    and you can thank yourself.
    What...????

13. Another point is that, at least for bgs, I think it's more horde side that is dying rather than Frostwolf as a whole. A lot of the good players seem to have left for ally side. The players need to help with this. It wouldn't take too many good ally players to decide to go horde and either make their own guild or join an established horde pvp guild to make a noticeable difference in the pvp scene.

So if you're a good ally pvp'er and want to help the server, consider going horde. One thing that Warmane HAS done right is making faction change available for points, so this will hopefully keep the faction imbalance from getting too bad.
    If horde players had left their faction to join alliance, the server would still maintaining 2300+ online, just wrongly distributed, but the problem is the population decline.

14. Im not so sure if fixing that would actually increase the population.
    ......I agree!

15. That's the thing, people rather play on shady russian servers that have worse scripts than waste their time gearing up here. I recently recruited a retail gladiator and his partners to the guild, only to have him switch to the aforementioned server just because it took too long to gear here.
    kids..they want to get the best PVP gear in two weeks or what?...Best Pvp gear is to be aquired in 6 months...I think the gear is too easy to get on this MOP server..make it harded Warmane!
    Edited: March 31, 2017 Reason: add specification

123 ... Last