1. So, not the WoD or at least increased MoP advance, but TBC? Can't wait for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne server.

2. I was going to comment on this specific point. Some abilities that some classes had in TBC got removed in WotLK. (Example: Race-specific Priest skills like Feedback. Or the plethora of Paladin buffs and seals.)
    Then there is also down-ranking spells that actually matters in TBC for a lot of caster classes, especially healers. Some classes actually have significantly more relevant buttons in TBC than they do in WotLK.
    This. What a lot of people who haven't played earlier versions of the game do not realize, is that WoW has not become more and more complex with each successive expansion, if anything, it became easier and more and more streamlined. As a hardcore progression player back in the day, this made sense on Blizzard's part, let's face it- the majority of the player base is casual/on-off, and it's just logical to cater to the majority of your playerbase. The problem here that we face in a warmane rendition of TBC, is that TBC just isn't really a casual-friendly expansion, especially when it comes to PvE. Only 1% of the ENTIRE playerbase got to actually do stuff in Sunwell! And don't even get me started on M'uru. This streamlining and making the game do so much for the player is also part of the reason as to why retail went into a steady decline since WotLK. What most of us hardcore players loved back then was the pure level of complexity and diversity that came with the game. PvE wise you had a thousand ways to accomplish whatever challenge lay in front of you; boss fights were relatively unique mechanically from one to another, this meant that you had to actually think about an encounter, instead of figuring out whether it's an iteration of mechanic x-y-or-z. Talent specs could be waaaaay radical, classes and races felt unique and distinguishable from each other, and there DEFINITELY was a more immersive storyline and gameplay, due to things like keys, attunements and the large amount of prep a guild had to do for a raid. The amount of stuff the game did NOT do for you back then, which meant you had to do so much on your own, made the game true to it's namesake, it was a god damn world, THE world of warcraft; not just a simple game from the mainstream mmorpg genre.

And this above is why I vehemently vote against the idea of adding a cash shop. It just goes against the spirit of everything TBC. What most TBC players want, at least PvE ones, from a TBC realm is the sensation of working at it. Really, really working at it. The grind, the lack of an achievement system- everything noteworthy about you to the outside eye was your arena rating, your PvP title rank, or your guild's progression in PvE, and in terms of PvE back then, it really brought everyone together to work towards a higher purpose. I feel like that's the direction you should be taking this, when it comes to PvE, progression raiding was the flavor of TBC, all in an age when you actually had to be good, to be good; and the good were rewarded with items that showed how good they were.

3. Will you ever consider making a vanilla realm too? you know just to boast that you have nearly up to the most recent patch. JW.
    In my opinion, most likely there will be a Vanilla realm later in the future when all the quests of Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdoms from TBC gets fixed. But i do not think we should speed up to Vanilla, cuz there is 25k+ players playing warmane and i bet the other realms are gonna decreased dramatically if vanilla were to be released early!

4. funny how a lot ppl complain about the 5x rate however these kind of ppl quit it because lvling was boring :D

5. To those asking questions, please feel free to give us suggestions and feedback
    Well since you're asking for suggestions and this won't be absolute "muh blizzlike" realm, I would suggest this:

1. Barber shop. No reason not to have this honestly.
    2. Dummies. Please place dummies in cities somewhere.
    3. Regarding dual spec and respecing in general, if you're don't go with this as a full on feature (im for it), at least limit gold respec cost like Kronos did (5g max).
    Positives:
    - PVP, more people will participate in arenas/bgs if they can change talents without too much hassle
    - Healers won't get punished. There is already lack of healers enough as it is, allowing them to quickly change specs when they need to farm will surely help people heal that would otherwise skip it since TBC was a grindfest. Same goes for tanks but to lesser extent.
    - More diversity
    Negatives:
    Muh immersion

Also since its x5 free spells are a MUST I would say. I would even say to maybe have vendors with some greenies every 10 levels otherwise certain classes will have to go trough pure hell. Namely melee.

I think QoL changes are very important. Its an old game, no reason to not update it a bit. Kinda like WotLK transmog.

6. Barber shop yes, vendors no.Dual talents yes, dummies idk, maybe yes.

7. Am i the only one who still think this is some april fools joke?

8. Cata and MoP have no players because they're mother****ing Cata and MoP. Like, how many servers can you show me that have more than 1-2k pop on those ****ed up ****ty expansions? End-game Cata and MoP is when Blizz lost HALF of its ****ing subscribers. Like, are you even serious?!
    I agree I quit retail on cata cause it ruined the game for me. I started my wow journey on TBC and am quite excited about this server coming.

9. People left Cata because the hype was over and because Warmane moved to 4.3, you need to remove that blindfold off your eyes on the avatar, which, ironically, is a TBC item, together with your tabard.
    I've never said TBC was a bad expansion at all, I'm just speaking for every Cataclysm player, they wanted to close Cata because they couldn't have 3 expansions at the same time, and now they're opening a 4th one... They said that they couldn't fix things in Cata because WotLK and MoP were getting 90% of their attention and now they're getting one more expansion to work on. We truly believed that after WotLK and MoP we could actually get some attention and for that reason we kept on playing Neltharion and waiting for our well deserved fixes. We've been the most loyal players on warmane just by being this patients.

Do i get a cookie for predicting this situation a week ago? xD
    And you were goddamn right.

10. Will there be any Mercy now for Cataclysm, after this kick in the balls?
    "we want to close cata, because well you know... 3 expansions is too much!" --> opens a 4th expension while barely working on cataclysm. (this is not feeling like the work of 1-2 developers on cata)

Please tell me that there will be a huge update that make the cata players forgive warmane...
    Pretty much as I stated in my previous post. Anyway.
    I would like to think that this will happen, but i'll just lie to myself so Nope. I doubt that any huge update will happen on Cata.

11. So my comment has been removed... twice, apparently you can't say it's a severe bad management move if you go for a new server when you're short on personell for neltharion...

12. Why 5x experience? why not 1-3x?
    Vox populi. Look at the population distribution. 5x is just fine for me, although I wouldn't mind having 1x on Outland zones. That's the important part, after all.

13. Really saddened by this announcement. To me this feels like a slap in the face to all of your Frostwolf and Neltharion players who have stuck by you for three very long years. They have been ignored for so so long, and with the completion of Wotlk content on Icecrown/Lord, we had thought we would finally see some more focus.

But now we're told that for the past 7 months you have been focusing on a TBC realm. After the what the player base went through regarding Moltdown and the promises made to us, this is a real downer. First we lost our monthly QA streams where we got to ask staff questions live. Then we were told Bugtracker priority isn't actually used in much decision making. Now we're being told our realms aren't relevant at all, because staff would much rather make a new expansion to attract new players.

Really a ****ty announcement for Frostwolf/Neltharion players.

14. I've never said TBC was a bad expansion at all, I'm just speaking for every Cataclysm player, they wanted to close Cata because they couldn't have 3 expansions at the same time, and now they're opening a 4th one... They said that they couldn't fix things in Cata because WotLK and MoP were getting 90% of their attention and now they're getting one more expansion to work on. We truly believed that after WotLK and MoP we could actually get some attention and for that reason we kept on playing Neltharion and waiting for our well deserved fixes. We've been the most loyal players on warmane just by being this patients.
    You fail to pay attention to what Proterean says: this was being worked on for over an year, alongside the fixes on the Wrath core that made re-using the content on an earlier expansion much easier. This wasn't a spur-of-the-moment thing, this wasn't a case of "we have too many resources, let's use them on something new instead of this or that expansion." If anything, the most you could fault us was for not saying we didn't want to have four expansions at the same time, although the fact this was a well-guarded secret easily explains the choice of number there.

15. I'm really glad to hear you are releasing a TBC realm, haven't played on Warmane for quite a while, I'll have to try the TBC realm once it's up though.

Cheers @Warmane Staff

First ... 13212223242533 ... Last