1. When will the " Outland " Realm be online, mostly playable?

2. You're either misunderstanding or you're misrepresenting what was said. Lordaeron was indeed created as a vision of what we want - but it brings us ZERO income. We cannot put food on the table with that.
    I could be wrong, but this sounds like a gross over-exaggeration. You're telling me the player auction house, cosmetics (transmog/mounts), AND faction/race/customization changes bring in zero income?

A single character can cost 80-300 coins. Even one sale a day would be insane considering there is minimal upkeep involved.

3. How many slots will the serv have for release ?

4. How many slots will the serv have for release ?
    Hasn't been tested thoroughly but under the hood we have the same optimizations and performance improvements as we have on Icecrown and Lordaeron + couple that with the fact that TBC overall has fewer systems taking up performance, it should be decent.

The release isn't that far away honestly, just a bit of patience and we'll be there. As for the many people discussion marketplace stuff here, we will not put anything on the marketplace that isn't obtained in the game already by a decent quantity of people. Having the marketplace or not and the rates are an already decided thing. This is what we're going with. If the first realm is popular and there's demand for a second one, we'll consider a different realm design.

5. Well I guess you're right, Qwertzawq. I can easily be wrong with that one, unlike the on-topic stuff that I said.

6. Hasn't been tested thoroughly but under the hood we have the same optimizations and performance improvements as we have on Icecrown and Lordaeron + couple that with the fact that TBC overall has fewer systems taking up performance, it should be decent.

The release isn't that far away honestly, just a bit of patience and we'll be there. As for the many people discussion marketplace stuff here, we will not put anything on the marketplace that isn't obtained in the game already by a decent quantity of people. Having the marketplace or not and the rates are an already decided thing. This is what we're going with. If the first realm is popular and there's demand for a second one, we'll consider a different realm design.
    So, it's decided 100% now? Well, I am gonna have to wait a little more to see a nice tBC realm that is not fun-realm. Been a few years, no problem a little bit more.

7. EOL=End of Life Meaning that the PTR characters will only live until the PTR is finished. Once PTR is over, all characters will be wiped. And hopefully shortly after that Warmane will release the Live realm where are characters are permanent.

8. Fantastic news, to be honest. On that topic, though, will fast levelling/max professions be available for purchase? Are you considering implementing dual-spec on Outland, in spite of the fact that its not a TBC feature, it has been unanimously agreed upon and hailed as a fantastic addition to the game, one that can do nothing but add to the experience of the game and general quality of life.
    We are not sure about that first thing. As for dual-spec, we can do it but we are also not sure if we want to do it. As matter of fact, we're pretty sure we can do multiple-spec via website without any custom NPCs or mess like that.

However, we are not sure if we want to do things like that. We're not in that stage yet. Right now, we need the PTR up and we need people to try out the realm, test some things along ourselves and things like that.

9. If you just lowered the respecc cost would be enough. Specially for healer specs.
    You can always make another gold sink... like repair costs boosted. Or just make a once a monthly or 6 month gold deflation.

Not that hard to code a "progressive" tax with arctan(x)...

Max tax rate would be like gold cap. Removing say 10%.
    Those who are poor, like until 5% of gold cap would be immune.

Gold should be calculated for the account. Care for mailing exploits to hide gold.
    Accounts with low level, or severe inactivity get further penalized. If 1 account constantly funnels gold into another one, like more then half of what the other one has earned on itself. Link them together for gold accounting. So forth...

10. If you just lowered the respecc cost would be enough. Specially for healer specs.
    You can always make another gold sink... like repair costs boosted. Or just make a once a monthly or 6 month gold deflation.

Not that hard to code a "progressive" tax with arctan(x)...

Max tax rate would be like gold cap. Removing say 10%.
    Those who are poor, like until 5% of gold cap would be immune.

Gold should be calculated for the account. Care for mailing exploits to hide gold.
    Accounts with low level, or severe inactivity get further penalized. If 1 account constantly funnels gold into another one, like more then half of what the other one has earned on itself. Link them together for gold accounting. So forth...
    It's Burning Crusade, anybody who ever played it would know that there is no such thing as having a lot of gold on there. You'll be lucky if you can manage to get enough gold for flying. Back when BC was on retail, people were selling their virginity for 5k gold and yes, I'm serious.

11. Great news! I'm looking forward to playing tbc again. Already warming up on another tbc server. How long will the PTR last and will everything be wiped afterwards?
    Just want to know, so I know how much of my time to invest in it. Would definitely play the real server though :)

12. It's Burning Crusade, anybody who ever played it would know that there is no such thing as having a lot of gold on there. You'll be lucky if you can manage to get enough gold for flying. Back when BC was on retail, people were selling their virginity for 5k gold and yes, I'm serious.
    This is 2017. If you do all outland quests you get enough for fast flying mount. Add in vendoring greens, cloth, etc and you can make gold easy. Heck you don't even need serious grind, just have enchanting and grab all loot DE+distribute at end of run and you got yourself an income source.
    Ofc it's easier if you have a dps char, or prot pallie to grind some old world dungeon.
    The longer the server lasts people just start hording it, and lots know how to play AH.

13. Great news! I'm looking forward to playing tbc again. Already warming up on another tbc server. How long will the PTR last and will everything be wiped afterwards?
    Just want to know, so I know how much of my time to invest in it. Would definitely play the real server though :)
    How long it lasts depends on how well it goes. Everything will be wiped from it once it is finished.

First ... 364445464748 ... Last