1. you do realize that this won't lure in more players right? it'll cause dispersion among the players, lordaeron's population is already dropping, cata is so empty you might close it today and upset like 50 players at best, mop realm STILL has monsters that randomly reset and evade but sure, go ahead and open a new realm.

i'll be matter of few months before people realizes that tbc farming, 40 men raiding and attuning and "harder to play" classes (most of us are well used to the quality of life that came with wotlk up till mop) isn't that fun after all

i'm not jinxing it, but tbc was made for hardcore grinders and mmo players, something that very few people on warmane are, not to mention, again, the complete shamble most of your realms are right now.

2. you do realize that this won't lure in more players right? it'll cause dispersion among the players, lordaeron's population is already dropping, cata is so empty you might close it today and upset like 50 players at best, mop realm STILL has monsters that randomly reset and evade but sure, go ahead and open a new realm.

i'll be matter of few months before people realizes that tbc farming, 40 men raiding and attuning and "harder to play" classes (most of us are well used to the quality of life that came with wotlk up till mop) isn't that fun after all

i'm not jinxing it, but tbc was made for hardcore grinders and mmo players, something that very few people on warmane are, not to mention, again, the complete shamble most of your realms are right now.
    ofc it will rofl, there is huge tbc fan base as HG launch displayed few weeks back, even now there HF peaking 3k ppl just leeching off from HG shut down :P going from 200 online to 3k :X there r still alot of ppl waiting for HG to launch back or now for Warmane since we want great and safe server

3. you do realize that this won't lure in more players right? it'll cause dispersion among the players, lordaeron's population is already dropping, cata is so empty you might close it today and upset like 50 players at best, mop realm STILL has monsters that randomly reset and evade but sure, go ahead and open a new realm.

There are tons of player around all the world that are waiting for this release for the simple reason that don't exist a fukin good TBC server in all the world. I'm scary about the day 1 because the server is going to explode for the mass login. Anyway skip queue is the way.

4. If you want WOTLK benefits / features then don't play on TBC. If you are going to whine about not having them in TBC just stuck to WOTLK and end of story.

5. that's fair enough but if it gets to the point where you can buy warglaives + full BIS gear for 300 euros the server is doomed to become an awful experience for the average player, or even for the super dedicated one that simply doesnt want/doesnt have money to spend ( which is gonna be the majority of players).. what incentive do people have to play on the server and do anything remotely relevant.. why would a player go through months and months of grinding and dedicate himself ( to either PVP, or to PVE ) when everyone with a bit of money to spend will outgear him.. if they do implement a shop for real money they should think long and hard about the prices, and they should not add items from current content to the shop
    Your logic apply's really well to icecrown, oh wait it doesn't hmmmmmm.

6. Epic fights for nicknames inc at day 1 LUL

7. How i see it u should beg them to implement the Coin Shop so u can spam/beg those BIS people to carry u in instances so u get to the end game raiding, which is actualy more fun, faster.

The truth is that everyone will get carried in BGs and in Raids, eather by people with higher skill level or higher item level, or both.
    Crying how someone can get gear by paying with irl money is ******ed, considering we are talking about private server. Again, server has to earn some money in order to keep itself alive. Some people can only expirience end game PvP/PvE if they donate. And most importantly: More people donating, better server.
    So yea, lets stop QQing about the Coin Shop cos u will play it with or without that coin shop, but those who cant farm items duo to IRL obligations wont be able to. Perfect example is population diference btwn Icecrown and Lordaeron. U can say that u dont want to play on Lordaeron cos they buffed bosses, but belive me, in TBC all bosses are hard enough even without those buffs, so yea, how i see it, making a 1x TBC realm without any kind of Shop would actualy doom it.
    Firstly, let me clear up 'pay to win', which I have seen some forum posters previously fail to mention this:

Originally Posted by Pay to Win Definition
    Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate
    This is a universal definition that I have seen, so this is the basis of my claim.

Now, let me explain why Pay to Win is a bad concept - that you do not want, unless there are heavy restrictions, as imposed by Lordaeron.

• It deprives the value of your accomplishment.

Recall that Burning Crusade is home to the top 10 toughest bosses in WoW. In fact, pre-nerf, there are bosses such as Lazy Vashj, and Kael'Thas (I believe that is his name from Tempest Keep), was almost mathematically impossible with their mechanics. Bosses such as M'uru, arguably, pre-nerf, the most difficult WoW boss that is mathematically possible.

Now, consider this:

• After 300/400 attempts, 2 months later, you manage to kill Lady Vashj, one of the most difficult bosses in WoW - and based on how Lordaeron was structured, it is possible Warmane will buff these bosses.
    • You loot some piece of raid gear that you have to roll between 5 other classes in the raid, and you finally manage, after 6 kills, to receive said item.
    • A new character levels up to level 70, has a lot of cash; goes to the store and buys items that drop from Lady Vashj.

Both players got the same items, but with one player having half the effort.

How would you feel if you completed one of the most difficult raids in WoW, to only find that someone has the same gear as you, with absolutely no effort?
    Well, why is this significant? If a person is inviting players to a raid - they will only look at your gear, not your accomplishments. E.g. someone recruiting for Tempest Keep, will not check if you killed Lady Vashj (albeit, might be a good way to check for skill);

That is, as a player who killed Lady Vashj, you will have to compete with players who bought that gear for cash. In other words, you aren't separated from the community who do buy items, because raids only choose players who have the highest gear score.

As an alternative, I instead propose:
    • You can only purchase gear from a boss you have already killed, or
    • Gear from the 2 previous tiers of the current highest tier.

8. Extending the post above further:

• It deprives the meaning and worth of an item

If you inspected someone many years ago, and you saw an item from Lady Vashj(back then, there were no achievements), you would first assume they have killed Lady Vashj to have the item.

Once this cash store is implemented, you can inspect someone, and their gear will no longer generate this same meaning as it once did. You will see t6, t5 items, but they will be worthless - since a lot more players will have just purchased them from the cash store.

Many years ago, the gear was a way to separate 'good' from 'bad' players; in burning crusade, there are no achievements. In other words, the gear will be just as meaningless as the raids you enter, since there will no longer be a way - if the cash store is implemented - to see the accomplishments of the player.

9. do we keep the char we create on PTR or are they deleted ? thx !
    can someone enlight me pls ? :(

10. can someone enlight me pls ? :(
    PTR characters will only live until PTR's EOL.

11. So why cant you guys just simply allow us to level at a x1 rates by using a online/ingame feature? Ive seen it be done like this before.

12. đ
    That is, as a player who killed Lady Vashj, you will have to compete with players who bought that gear for cash. In other words, you aren't separated from the community who do buy items, because raids only choose players who have the highest gear score.

As an alternative, I instead propose:
    • You can only purchase gear from a boss you have already killed, or
    • Gear from the 2 previous tiers of the current highest tier.
    You wont compete with players that have items from cash shop because they didn't do the ATTUNEMENT QUESTS!!!!!!!!!!!

First ... 344243444546 ... Last