1. It's actually very possible that we could implement dual spec on the website. We're thinking about it. Not going to give any guarantees or confirmations about it, so we'll see.
    Please heavily consider it. The transition between PvE and PvP in TBC was horrendous without dual spec. I'm sure Blizzard would have implemented it during that time period had they thought of it sooner

2. It's actually very possible that we could implement dual spec on the website. We're thinking about it. Not going to give any guarantees or confirmations about it, so we'll see.
    Outland - custom TBC serv

RDF should be added too everyone loves RDF the 6k players on Lord can support this i cant wait for you to add RDF it will be awesome

3. Outland - custom TBC serv

RDF should be added too everyone loves RDF the 6k players on Lord can support this i cant wait for you to add RDF it will be awesome
    Let's be reasonable, shall we?

4. Ofc, my posts about the new server are just to poke fun at people who never experienced vanilla and TBC and are hyped out of boredom.

If we take the dual spec thing for example. Saying that blizz would implement dual spec in TBC (or vanilla) if they had the idea before (i hope people who say this are trolling) is just so much out there that i know if you listen to these people about the server you will have an empty server cause they will not keep playing on it.

Paying for respecing (as is repairing your gear) is a gold dump that must exist in game. Blizz caved to the players about stuff like this more and more and than what happened is that in MoP people had millions of gold with nothing to do with it. So they had to invent stupid stuff like black market AH and the 2 mil spider mount in Legion just so people felt that farming gold would be useful. If you follow what people here are suggesting you will have a lot of problems down the road and just be ready to do another gold squish and hear peoples cries how bad you are.

I know this will sound out there but do NOT listen to your community about stuff they have no idea about. Im sure you know about some other beta TBC stuff going on on the scene right now and how hyped people are about it. If you cave with dual specs, faster flying, RDFs and all this WOTLK stuff your serv will not attract the people who want the TBC experience.

Now you really have a chance to make the TBC server people have been looking for years do not **** it up by listening to the wrong crowd.

5. Dual-spec has nothing to do with issues modern wow has (it's basically single player game by now). All it does is makes people swap specs easier/cheaper, that's it. It's not even a gold dump, since most players simply won't respec. They will play dps class with pve talents everywhere and you'll have issues finding tanks/healers, haven't you played on TBC servers at all?

Faster flying, RDFs and other nonsense should never be implemented (unless you truly want to make a realm for casual players that barely have time to do anything).

6. Dual spec would be swell to have indeed.

7. Ofc, my posts about the new server are just to poke fun at people who never experienced vanilla and TBC and are hyped out of boredom.

If we take the dual spec thing for example. Saying that blizz would implement dual spec in TBC (or vanilla) if they had the idea before (i hope people who say this are trolling) is just so much out there that i know if you listen to these people about the server you will have an empty server cause they will not keep playing on it.

Paying for respecing (as is repairing your gear) is a gold dump that must exist in game. Blizz caved to the players about stuff like this more and more and than what happened is that in MoP people had millions of gold with nothing to do with it. So they had to invent stupid stuff like black market AH and the 2 mil spider mount in Legion just so people felt that farming gold would be useful. If you follow what people here are suggesting you will have a lot of problems down the road and just be ready to do another gold squish and hear peoples cries how bad you are.

I know this will sound out there but do NOT listen to your community about stuff they have no idea about. Im sure you know about some other beta TBC stuff going on on the scene right now and how hyped people are about it. If you cave with dual specs, faster flying, RDFs and all this WOTLK stuff your serv will not attract the people who want the TBC experience.

Now you really have a chance to make the TBC server people have been looking for years do not **** it up by listening to the wrong crowd.
    you know its much harder to make "millions" of gold in tbc. And the dual spec is a very handy and fast way to switch between pvp/pve or w/e spec.

8. yea and RDF is a very handy and fast way to make dungeon groups

and faster flying is a very hand and fast way to move around

and the barber shop is a handy way to customize your char

and training dummies are a handy was to test your dps

and 30 min HS is a faster way to go to the main city

and so on and so on

The point of the matter is these QoL changes are not part of the TBC experience and are not part of the TBC expansion. But the 20y olds on these boards who never played without the things i mentioned want them in TBC cause they cant play without them and are so selfish that they want to impose them on everyone else who wants the true TBC stuff.

Why do you think Nost was so popular? Cause they had rdf and dual spec? No its cause it was hardcore and some people want a challenge not being held by the hands and given everything.

btw in MoP there were millions cause of inflation. The millions in MoP are 100.000s or even less in TBC
    Edited: April 5, 2017

9. I just dont get it why people want to play TBC if they wont like it and want to change it. Jumping on the hype band wagon just cause people say vanilla/TBC was the best WoW there has been is just stupid since its so painfully obvious by the main thread on the forums that people DONT want to play TBC.

If people want TBC raids with WOTLK features they have Lord/Icecrown. If they want more QoL features like that they have MoP. But no they want a changed TBC, a TBC that caters to their needs instead of being fkn humans and adapt to what comes.

I can already see the cries on the forums about how heroics in TBC are too hard and that they should nerf it cause you cant just AoE everything.

Shadow Lab hc will cause suicides.

10. Originally Posted by Swarmer;2791859....

I am sorry Im gonna gut out just tiny part of your arguments , but..
    Isnt barber shop the gold dump you are advocating for? Could be made bit more expensive to match *gold loss* from dual specs :D (though I would welcome it I can live without it aswell)
    2.Maybe my memory is wrong, but weren't training dummies present in TBC already? I remember spending a damn lot of time on them..?
    But your general point, not making players too lazy, is a good one ofc.

11. Im not advocating for gold dumps im just saying to leave the expansion and it features like they were. A good way to have a gold dump would be like they had some years ago with the lottery stuff where players could buy any amount of tickets for like 50-100g each and win cosmetic stuff or pets.

The barber shop dump had to be implemented in wotlk since they removed the changing spec dump so they had to compensate. Imo at least.

Training dummies were added in wotlk.

Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added Initiate's Training Dummy and Raider's Training Dummy.

12. yea and RDF is a very handy and fast way to make dungeon groups

and faster flying is a very hand and fast way to move around

and 30 min HS is a faster way to go to the main city

and so on and so on

The point of the matter is these QoL changes are not part of the TBC experience and are not part of the TBC expansion. But the 20y olds on these boards who never played without the things i mentioned want them in TBC cause they cant play without them and are so selfish that they want to impose them on everyone else who wants the true TBC stuff.

Why do you think Nost was so popular? Cause they had rdf and dual spec? No its cause it was hardcore and some people want a challenge not being held by the hands and given everything.

btw in MoP there were millions cause of inflation. The millions in MoP are 100.000s or even less in TBC
    Why are you mixing together completely different things and claiming things without anything to back them up? There's clear line between things that are QoL and stuff that changes the "game experience". The reason nost was popular was because emerald dream was run into the ground + massive hype campaign before it's release. It could have been a complete garbage server and people would still play it, it had nothing to do with it's features.

You know why adding a target dummy somewhere is not only QoL change but actually benefits preserving "original experience"? Because then you can actually make proper bug reports about things that are broken. The only downside I see is that people would have easier time practicing dps, altho .. let's be honest, most TBC rotations are 1-3 button spam..

13. I mean you answered to yourself in the post. Nost could have been a complete garbo serv and people would still play on it. Why?

You can make proper bug reporst in the 6 months the PTR will be up. Saying target dummies would help bug reports doesnt make any sense. Dual spec can be used to report talent bugs too so they should implement it?

I mean w/e the staff will do what they want but since there is a lot of TBC servers coming out till the end of the year they should not make this custom fun serv with wotlk features cause the majority of people who will put time and money in the serv dont want that.

The people crying about **** are the people who dont want TBC that is a fact. There are guilds on icecrown who raid TBC content at lvl 70. This is what people are looking for.

Im sure that if the staff implements wotlk **** on Outland Gummy is gonna have a field day when its gonna be time.

14. I'd suggest to have dualspeccing as server command.

For example;

.changespec 2

B4 someone screams about exploiting, all they have to do is copy paste same serverside checks from their trainer NPC.

Overall feature should be easily portable from wotlk to tbc (I can't imagine it being anything else than changing opcode handlers).

You could also put cast time on it.

15. I just dont get it why people want to play TBC if they wont like it and want to change it. Jumping on the hype band wagon just cause people say vanilla/TBC was the best WoW there has been is just stupid since its so painfully obvious by the main thread on the forums that people DONT want to play TBC.

If people want TBC raids with WOTLK features they have Lord/Icecrown. If they want more QoL features like that they have MoP. But no they want a changed TBC, a TBC that caters to their needs instead of being fkn humans and adapt to what comes.

I can already see the cries on the forums about how heroics in TBC are too hard and that they should nerf it cause you cant just AoE everything.

Shadow Lab hc will cause suicides.
    I tell you why people want to play TBC.
    They like the lore and they want a real community to share that with and a bug free server for that.
    They like how classes used to be back then and the mechanics.
    They like how dungeons and raids used to be back then (before they were changed in wotlk).

You really believe people want to play TBC because there is no dual spec? REALLY?

You have to accept that, in time, Blizzard improved some parts of its game. I don't agree with wotlk auto RDF and some other stuff, but these are extreme examples you came with.

We need to make a difference between improvements and stuff that will actually change your TBC experience. Having dual spec will definitely not change your TBC experience, at least not the good part of it.

First 1234 Last