1. What will be done to counter faction imbalance?

This issue has plagued every TBC server so far, will there be anything done to counter this?

2. Funny how no Alliance complains on WotLK.
    No, you will go through a great deal of pain learning to play without that racial.

Deal with it.

3. Funny how no Alliance complains on WotLK.
    No, you will go through a great deal of pain learning to play without that racial.

Deal with it.
    But he made zero reference to any racial?

And alliance racials are superior for PvE, and even pvp except fear comps.

4. And alliance racials are superior for PvE, and even pvp except fear comps.
    Are you talking about Wotlk or TBC now? Because alliance racials are definitely not better than horde racials in TBC for PvP, not even close.

Sure you can cherry-pick a few specific arena comps that would give you an advantage as alliance. But all in all, no way.

5. But he made zero reference to any racial?

And alliance racials are superior for PvE, and even pvp except fear comps.
    What else could he be crying about then?
    Faction imbalance mentioned - most likely its about racials.

Ehh racials for PvE, not really? I mean just compare them yourself I won't even get into it.
    And for PvP, the thing that will hurt both Horde and Alliance is the fact that all the tryhard PvPers will go Horde just like they all transfer to Alliance on WotLK.
    (of course there are exceptions)

6. Could be talking about bg queues, since servers with large horde imba have always had instant queues for alliance, which in turn fosters the appearance of allie premades to roflstomp horde that have no solution but queue alone or face even bigger queues.
    Also, from my limited 1 person viewpoint, normally alliance has most pvpers that go into arena comparatively to their total population size.

This normally on 2,5k or less pop servers. So all could change if pop is big enough.

7. Great, yet another perfectly clear point that everyone else knows and, just like human racial, isn't spoken of on WotLK.
    Why speak of it now?

8. A queue system that acts around balancing the factions wouldn't be ideal, but might work. Allowing a fixed gap between each faction that is online, stopping people from logging in on a certain fraction if the difference between the online fraction base is say higher than 2000. I don't know if this is possible, and I'm sure there are other ways of doing this better without a queue fail safe.

-> Having said that most servers that are low rate tend to not have such a big difference. It's usually the TBC insta 60 & 70 servers, where everyone is investing into min/maxing and going full hardcore. Guess time will tell.

9. IIRC, Nost restricted character creation based on faction if it got too bad.

10. And alliance racials are superior for PvE
    rly ? stop drugs pls. Only dreanei passive is good for PvE everythg other is garbage.

p.s. human racial - the most f*ckin' incredible Blizzard fail of all the time in PvP segment. Finally TBC. Thx God.
    Edited: April 3, 2017

11. p.s. human racial - the most f*ckin' incredible Blizzard fail of all the time in PvP segment. Finally TBC. Thx God.
    yeah of course, it's obvious, alliance is only human because of the racial, it's well known that 2 [X] trinket are outperforming anything else, we'll laugh together about all the UD who will spawn on Outland ^^

12. Great, yet another perfectly clear point that everyone else knows and, just like human racial, isn't spoken of on WotLK.
    Why speak of it now?
    This is a forum. By it's very definition it is a place for the discussion of questions of public interest.
    As can be seen in other threads there are new players joining that haven't experienced TBC before, or even wow. As such, any information, however repetitive it may seem to you, will prove valuable to them.

Your attitude however won't. You should do yourself a favor and think twice before typing. If you think there is the slight change you are not contributing in a positive constructive manner... then don't press the reply button. :)
    rly ? stop drugs pls. Only dreanei passive is good for PvE everythg other is garbage.
    p.s. human racial - the most f*ckin' incredible Blizzard fail of all the time in PvP segment. Finally TBC. Thx God.
    No, that information is inacurate.

For PvE endgame tanking night elf > tauren. And human/dwarf > blood elf.
    For mage and warlock gnome > all.
    For warriors and rogues human expertise > orc/troll, since it frees up talent points for more damage.
    Also as you mention draenei heroic presence will benefit everyone, not just themselves, but the whole faction race class combos.

That leaves only shadow priest, dps shamans, dps druids, dps paladins and hunters.
    Since warlocks and mages reign meters until other classes get legendaries+chain heroism fed. This puts alliance at a clear advantage.

p.s. no, i do not do drugs.
    Edited: April 3, 2017

13. did you know tbc had no emfh

14. Back to topic -
    noted on some free servers too, that there was imbalanced ratio of Horde:Aliance. What seemed to work nicely & simply from measures I encountered was server message on new character login stating something like:

"Blalba greetings new player welcome blalbabla currently the ratio of Horde vs Alliance players is X:Y so if you are unsure what side to pick, consider this aspect into improving servers balance."

Because 1. lot of new players dont really care and switch side after hearing this 2. lot of people dont visit the forums or look up the webpages at all to see the ratio listed (if its listed at all).
    - its not a game changer but I guess anything helps?

123 Last