1. Best PvP Classes/Specs

From my initial research, I believe the stronger PvP classes appear to be resto druid, warrior, "sl sl" warlock and rogue. I'm curious as to what others know or have found.

2. http://web.archive.org/web/200807201.../rankings/2v2/
    http://web.archive.org/web/200807201.../rankings/3v3/
    http://web.archive.org/web/200807201.../rankings/5v5/

For some of those speccs you can google old arena junkies threads, or just use other servers 2.4.3 talent calculator copy pasting the termination.

p.s.
    Take notice though in the huge discrepancy in #of matches. As normal in these times, people did few matches early season to push for high ranks... followed by inactivity and few matches before season is over.
    Other players however stand out for having huge games played numbers. (Or no alts.)
    Edited: April 4, 2017

3. Yah I'd say that pretty much confirms what I found lol, ty.

4. Early on caster heaven
    Later on melee heaven

Resto druids insane

5. When it comes to 1v1, BGs and World PvP this is what my experience has taught me.

Druids: Boomkins are useless unless you get SWP haste. Ferals are OP and RDs are just ******ed.
    Hunters: Works fine no matter the spec, BM is most simple and high on burst.
    Mages: Frost is as always very good. Fire brings a challenge and arcane-PP/Frost can reck **** fast and the other way around.
    Paladins: Ret is next to useless. So is prot. Holy is okay but is very easy to counter since holy shock is the only instant heal and with a long CD.
    Priest: Discipline priests are one of the strongest classes in TBC. Shadow works just fine too (get ready to see many UD priests).
    Rogue: Mutilate is crap. Combat is crap. Subtlety is OP beyond reasoning. Dagger-ambush is fun to troll around with, very potent on cloth/leather.
    Shaman: Elemental is decent but often requires haste. Enhancement is like the ret paladin, next to useless. Resto is very potent.
    Warlock: Full affi is weak. Full demo is only good for 1v1. SL/SL is very potent. Destruction can be good if one can play it.
    Warriors: Useless without a pocket healer. You won't kill any other class in 1v1 if they got any brain power and equal gear. Get ready to grind teeth as a war.

6. When it comes to 1v1, BGs and World PvP this is what my experience has taught me.

Druids: Boomkins are useless unless you get SWP haste. Ferals are OP and RDs are just ******ed.
    Hunters: Works fine no matter the spec, BM is most simple and high on burst.
    Mages: Frost is as always very good. Fire brings a challenge and arcane-PP/Frost can reck **** fast and the other way around.
    Paladins: Ret is next to useless. So is prot. Holy is okay but is very easy to counter since holy shock is the only instant heal and with a long CD.
    Priest: Discipline priests are one of the strongest classes in TBC. Shadow works just fine too (get ready to see many UD priests).
    Rogue: Mutilate is crap. Combat is crap. Subtlety is OP beyond reasoning. Dagger-ambush is fun to troll around with, very potent on cloth/leather.
    Shaman: Elemental is decent but often requires haste. Enhancement is like the ret paladin, next to useless. Resto is very potent.
    Warlock: Full affi is weak. Full demo is only good for 1v1. SL/SL is very potent. Destruction can be good if one can play it.
    Warriors: Useless without a pocket healer. You won't kill any other class in 1v1 if they got any brain power and equal gear. Get ready to grind teeth as a war.
    Wait, ferals are OP? I heard they were really bad.

7. Wait, ferals are OP? I heard they were really bad.
    They are one of the strongest in the areas I mentioned above. Their burst is very strong and the ability to cyclone+heal+restealth makes their only weak spot being their mana pool and normally fights never last that long, but if they do - Innervate.

All in all Sub rogues, Ferals and frost mages dominate. SL/SL warlocks are good until you get to the T6 content as shadow resistance gear renders them harmless. Same goes for shadowpriests.

8. You could setup a lesser shadow resistance gear from blues, like for example the ones that drop of medium rare achievement mobs. Shouldn't be that much "worse" since at that time people won't have as much gear when compared to when T6 releases.
    Might be costly though.

p.s.
    Oh and Karazhan animal bosses.
    Edited: April 4, 2017

9. RM, RMP were godlike in tbc, UD racial op, rogues were UD or Human, Ostlimpa has summarize well what it was, Arena as RM was so easy Oo untill you face a good war + druid/Priest

10. Well I think it is a major known fact that arena in TBC (2vs2 at least) had a lot of interesting comps, like these:
    Resto Druid, Rogue
    Resto Druid, Viper Huntard
    Resto Druid, SL-SL
    Resto Druid, War
    Resto Druid, Mage
    Disc, Rogue
    SP, Rogue,
    Rsham, War

Awesome stuff. xP

11. From my initial research, I believe the stronger PvP classes appear to be resto druid, warrior, "sl sl" warlock and rogue. I'm curious as to what others know or have found.
    but dude the thing is ,in TBC personal skill level impact of the game performance is 100 times bigger then other expansion.pretty much any class can outplay any other class.
    PVP is also not as scripted as latest WOW expansion random crit can win or lose the game and that have nothing to do with which class is strongest.my point is literally every single class have potential to be top rank.

that been said most popular classes seems to be Rogue and warrior and resto druid as healer.

12. If you ask me, TBC was not about best classes, but rather about best combos.

RMP
    RDruid and lock
    RDruid and Hunter
    Etc.

13. God-tier setups:

1° shs rogue + dreamstate: has absolutely zero (hard)counter but doesn't have a lot of free match-up
    2° sl/sl + resto druid: countered by rogue and warr with high lvl pve gear, nothing else
    3° awarr + resto druid: countered by sp/shs rogue (a very popular setup, that's why I put it below sl/resto druid)
    4° shs rogue + dp: it's """like""" shs/dreamstate but warr can tunnel dp easier
    5° shs rogue + sp: best double dps setup overall

Top-tier setups:

- shs rogue + frost mage: rank 1 capable if sl/rd is not played
    - sv or mm hunter + resto druid: countered by things. idk.
    - awarr + resto sham: rank 1 capable if there is no rm and sl/rd
    - frost mage + dp: really strong with sunwell pve gear
    - sl/sl + shs rogue: rm but a bit weaker

High-tier setups:

- feral + shs rogue
    - sp + frost mage
    - awarr + hpal
    - ret + resto sham
    - sl/sl + dp
    - hunter + dp
    - sl/sl + resto sham
    - shs rogue + resto sham
    - enhance + resto druid (or ds)
    - bm + rd

Mid-tier setups:

- feral + dp
    - awarr + dp
    - mutilate + dp/ds/rd
    - affli + sp
    - bm + shs rogue
    - bm + dp
    - A LOT of setups actually

Low-tier setups:

- things that involve ele sham
    - things that involve fury warrior
    - things that involve combat rogue
    - ret without rsham
    - awarr without healer
    - enhance without resto druid
    - A LOT of setups actually

Shiet-tier setups
    - things that involve prot pal
    - things that involve prot warr

God-tier and shiet-tier setups are all listed, for the other tiers I may forget things.

14. Paladins: Ret is next to useless.
    There are a few special snowflakes that do it right though.
    I'll just leave this here. It's a 7 part series if you enjoy this first vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcSdNWXOM24

vs glad mage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MBWkvCAVOw

vs 2.3k warr
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC_CebWTOVw

good dueling class
    can be borderline op, VERY gear and skill dependant though.
    but dude the thing is ,in TBC personal skill level impact of the game performance is 100 times bigger
    Edited: April 21, 2017

15. There are a few special snowflakes that do it right though.
    I'll just leave this here. It's a 7 part series if you enjoy this first vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcSdNWXOM24

can be borderline op, VERY gear and skill dependant though.
    what are we suppose to be looking for in this videos?its duel and BG montage with 1-2 arena games....

as for ret in 2s i think they worked with shaman becuase of FW totem but you was forced to play with shaman to be viable.
    Edited: April 21, 2017

123 ... Last