1. Why you ppl say that ret is weak? Only problem with him, is that he is one of the most eq reliable spec in PvP. And you need some skill and knowledge..
    As for me, retri is my favorite spec since I started to play.. I play him for 6 years now and made some good rat with it too.

Good comps are:
    2v2 - ret/rsham,ret/disc with silence, ret/mage, ret/feral
    3v3 - ret/warr/rsham, ret/feral/disc, ret/hunter/disc

2. When it comes to 1v1, BGs and World PvP this is what my experience has taught me.

Druids: Boomkins are useless unless you get SWP haste. Ferals are OP and RDs are just ******ed.
    Hunters: Works fine no matter the spec, BM is most simple and high on burst.
    Mages: Frost is as always very good. Fire brings a challenge and arcane-PP/Frost can reck **** fast and the other way around.
    Paladins: Ret is next to useless. So is prot. Holy is okay but is very easy to counter since holy shock is the only instant heal and with a long CD.
    Priest: Discipline priests are one of the strongest classes in TBC. Shadow works just fine too (get ready to see many UD priests).
    Rogue: Mutilate is crap. Combat is crap. Subtlety is OP beyond reasoning. Dagger-ambush is fun to troll around with, very potent on cloth/leather.
    Shaman: Elemental is decent but often requires haste. Enhancement is like the ret paladin, next to useless. Resto is very potent.
    Warlock: Full affi is weak. Full demo is only good for 1v1. SL/SL is very potent. Destruction can be good if one can play it.
    Warriors: Useless without a pocket healer. You won't kill any other class in 1v1 if they got any brain power and equal gear. Get ready to grind teeth as a war.
    Warriors useless without a healer ? I lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r_GMFkWb2Q&t=8s Warriors are the single most annoying class in a battleground.You wanna win a bg ? First you need a warrior to carry your group. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL3F5Rj8Ez8&t=4s
    Edited: April 25, 2017

3. Warriors useless without a healer ? I lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r_GMFkWb2Q&t=8s Warriors are the single most annoying class in a battleground.You wanna win a bg ? First you need a warrior to carry your group. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL3F5Rj8Ez8&t=4s
    Mate he is going around on Smolderforge beating up clueless fools in S2. I have faced Protcow, he is a decent warrior, but no match at all for any other class.
    Allow me to state what will happen vs every class as a war in 1v1:
    Boomkin: Roots, dot, dot, travel form, hot, hot - repeat. Same for resto.
    Feral: Open, slash a bit, maim + heal + cyclone, restealth - rinse and repeat.
    Hunter: Keep distance past 25 yards and it is gg, trap if needed.
    Arcane Mage: Spam slow and ice lance. Fire: R1 blizzard + scorch/FB. Frost: Blizzard/frost bolt.
    Paladin: Game over for the war.
    Disc priest: Rage starved. Shadowpriest: Melted.
    Rogue: Stun lock + kite with cripple, restealth - rinse and repeat.
    Shaman: Frost Shock+LS will win your duel regardless of spec.
    Warlock: Unless the war got SRG, succi+dot or ww+dot.
    Another Warrior: Depends on who can get 5x sunders up and knows how to use a shield.

In short: You pretty much always need a healer with you as a war and without that in a BG you are just a burden to the team.

4. The video linked shows him being pocketed. Others having lower gear. Big group vs 1-3.
    He has the camera distance too low for my taste.

5. He is pocketed yea, I wanted to show that warriors are main force in a battlground, ofcourse you need healers, in BG's is shown the true power of every class, where you have all of them fighting it out, atleast for me and there a warrior shines brightly.I have seen Protcow in 1v3 situation he against 3 others and he killed 1 and cc the other 2 and he managed to survive and inflict serious damag to the others and by that time he got 1 healer and 1 dps as a backup and finished em.Thats not the only time he did such a thing too.Warrior is so awesome in TBC.If you want proof for such situations he has maybe 4 vids of warrior gameplay in his channel.

Warrior is never a burden to the team, especially if you know how to play and what to do.This is my opinion and if w have different opinion it is ok, I know warr has weaknesses I just am amazed at his strenghts.I know every class has strenghts too, so have fun on Warmane is what I will say and may wars fortunes be with you.

6. I doubt that Resto shami/ret works better than Resto/War and Resto/Warlock.
    ret/sham is stronger than war/sham imo. War/sham is actually quite flawed but works well against bad opponents. Enh/druid is also a good comp. The meta has changed a lot since retail where these comps were not played a lot.

7. but dude the thing is ,in TBC personal skill level impact of the game performance is 100 times bigger then other expansion.pretty much any class can outplay any other class.
    PVP is also not as scripted as latest WOW expansion random crit can win or lose the game and that have nothing to do with which class is strongest.my point is literally every single class have potential to be top rank.

that been said most popular classes seems to be Rogue and warrior and resto druid as healer.
    This is so inaccurate. Granted skill was important, but there were a LOT of straight up gimp classes/specs that were pure garbage regardless of skill.

8. This is so inaccurate. Granted skill was important, but there were a LOT of straight up gimp classes/specs that were pure garbage regardless of skill.
    Both yes and no. As I said, people have improved compared to retail days. The problem is, only a few people are actually really good. This means that if they play here, they will be at the top and you won't notice them unless you're at the top as well. This means the meta game in the lower raitings (1500 - 2000 ish) will be unaffected and will be like it was on retail.

I could name a few of the skilled people and if they play on warmane seriously you will see them in the higher raitings. And I'm talking about unconventional class and spec combos such as rets, ferals, enhancers.

9. Both yes and no. As I said, people have improved compared to retail days. The problem is, only a few people are actually really good. This means that if they play here, they will be at the top and you won't notice them unless you're at the top as well. This means the meta game in the lower raitings (1500 - 2000 ish) will be unaffected and will be like it was on retail.

I could name a few of the skilled people and if they play on warmane seriously you will see them in the higher raitings. And I'm talking about unconventional class and spec combos such as rets, ferals, enhancers.
    Mate all you need to do is to log onto any other TBC realm and have a look and you will see what is good and bad.
    Ps: Feral is nowhere near unconventional, it is the strongest 1v1 spec in TBC and considered most OP of em all.

10. best class/spec: the one that spams hemo
    worst class/spec: all the other plebs

11. Ps: Feral is nowhere near unconventional, it is the strongest 1v1 spec in TBC and considered most OP of em all.
    Let me lolilol you sir: "lolilol"

How do you kill rsham, rdruid and hpal as feral? Pro tip: Maybe you think you do but believe me, you don't.

Play sl/sl, the only spec that destroy healers easily (except dp if you are bad lol) and every other classes as well, except rogues.

12. Let me lolilol you sir: "lolilol"
    How do you kill rsham, rdruid and hpal as feral? Pro tip: Maybe you think you do but believe me, you don't.
    Hello clown: Rofl.
    You wonder how you kill a Rsham, rdruid and HPal as feral? You oom them out. The feral damage will force them to heal a lot and if the feral needs to heal - maim + heal + cyclone + restealth.
    Play sl/sl, the only spec that destroy healers easily (except dp if you are bad lol) and every other classes as well, except rogues.
    Sit down man, for this might come as a shock to you: SL/SL warlocks in TBC are one of the worst specs outside of the arena.
    Why you ask? Well stack some shadow resistance gear and laugh as you wand/auto hit that warlock to death.

13. but dude the thing is ,in TBC personal skill level impact of the game performance is 100 times bigger then other expansion.pretty much any class can outplay any other class.
    Nope, thats 3.3.5 wotlk. TBC class balance was ****, just not vanilla lvl ****

14. I've seen a few post about retribution paladin. I played this class on a few private server for some years, both in arena, 1v1 and battleground. This spec is pretty decent, clearly not top tier and i woundn't advise to play it if you wish to be Rank 1 arena or things like that. But, this spec is far from being useless if well played. Mana isn't, most of the time, a problem because of talent and seal of wisdom. It can burst pretty well with trinket + wings (give you 30% dmg instead of 20% in TLK).

About arena, it can be played with both healer and dps : ret/rogue was pretty decent (especially with an alliance human combo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2jg2bZp8MM )
    Ret/shaman is indeed a very good deal too.
    Some attempt have been made with disci/ret http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=89867

Well played, it can be pretty decent and fun to play. The most annoying thing is maybe the fact that it's melee-attack dependant, making the class pretty ****y when you take 2-3 miss in a rough. A last thing that can help is to be a PvP and PvE player to play this clan, because you need to improve your damage, and gladiator set isn't really the best.

A few last word from my experience : TBC is skill link, but it's mainly a random expansion, because many mechanics works with some RNG (30% RESIST silence, stun etc, stun chance for spriest etc etc etc) and this is a thing that can be frustrating. (TLK is more about skill, but comp is still very important, and some last RNG things still exist, like paladin procs which give 10sec of goddam 30% resist chance on spell etc)

First 1234 Last