1. Refraining from putting legendaries in the shop

Can we at least agree on this?
    Edited: April 2, 2017

2. Totally agree. But if we think about income for Warmane, no doubt it would take a hit with this decision.
    Just look at how many people bought SM on Icecrown. That's some tasty $$$.

Income > or < Player Experience
    ^ Obviously this is a pretty one dimensional look at the topic, as income to warmane increases Player Experience through stability enhancements, fixes and so on. However legendaries being common, I'd argue, decreases that too, for the majority.

- We don't get a say basically, its not our business model.

3. Totally agree. But if we think about income for Warmane, no doubt it would take a hit with this decision.
    Just look at how many people bought SM on Icecrown. That's some tasty $$$.

Income > or < Player Experience
    ^ Obviously this is a pretty one dimensional look at the topic, as income to warmane increases Player Experience through stability enhancements, fixes and so on. However legendaries being common, I'd argue, decreases that too, for the majority.

- We don't get a say basically, its not our business model.
    Might as well just set the legendaries to a ridiculously high price like 250$ per glaive.

4. I don't really care one way or the other, it doesn't make me do any less damage or wreck any less face if some other pay2win rogue buys glaive where i worked in-game for it.

5. The legendaries aren't even hard to get, they don't even require a quest and Illidan is not in the final raid. You could literally see people getting warglaives in alt runs.

6. ok, answer me this question: In what way would the coin shop affect YOU? so what if someone has glaives or thori dal. eventually farm it yourself and feel proud or w.e as you got it on an rng drop /clap you dont even have to do anything special to get any of those items, ofcourse you have to kill illidan/kil'jaeden which is not the easiest thing to do I suppose, but still.
    Edited: April 3, 2017

7. heheksdi ofc affect me when you get the glaives on the hard way is not the same when you know someone else got the same item with real money.

Hardcore Raider: ohh yes I farm one year for this and i'm proud.
    Donor: took me 2 min to get this from the shop with my mom/dad credit card.
    Hardcore Raider: :|:|:|:|:|:|
    Edited: April 3, 2017

8. I'd argue that if a lot of players are running around with these legendaries it significantly deminishes the value of them. Also, if the legendaries become mainstream like on Icecrown, it won't take long until this is REQUIRED of you to have them when you search for arena partners or high end raiding guilds. As someone stated previously about the brewfast trinkets on lordaeron; you either get them or you're out of the main raid.
    It can very easily turn ugly. That is also why think it's ever so important to also have the gear obtainable through the shop to be at least a tier or lower so it doesn't impact the game, I believe this was stated by Mercy as well, that it's indeed their intentions for it not to be game breaking. That being said I believe selling legendaries IS game breaking and should be done at great causion.

9. heheksdi ofc affect me when you get the glaives on the hard way is not the same when you know someone else got the same item with real money.

Hardcore Raider: ohh yes I farm one year for this and i'm proud.
    Donor: took me 2 min to get this from the shop with my mom/dad credit card.
    Hardcore Raider: :|:|:|:|:|:|

Fact that you are a) too young to earn your own money or b) too uneducated to earn enough money to spend on virtual items does not mean others have to be like you.

Likewise, as stated million of times if there's gonna be high demand for x1 realm you can go there and be "hardcore" raider. I'm more than happy to be able to get items I want using my "mom's" credit card and enjoy the game the way I want.

10. Why would you even want to have Legendaries in the shop, dont make it p2w and work for stuff, you'll have a great feeling once you get that warglaive or w/e it is, instead of buying it for $300 :)

11. The legendaries aren't even hard to get, they don't even require a quest and Illidan is not in the final raid. You could literally see people getting warglaives in alt runs.
    I gotta react to this - from what I remember from TBC official, only 7 glaives total were present at the transition to Wotlk on our server. Also from what I have been playing on private TBC from Feenix (with round 2-3k ppl active) for nearly year only one Warglaive dropped (and from what I have been told by still playing friends another one dropped to other guild so 2 Glaives in almost 2 years)... Not much, eh.
    By my humble opinion I agree with OP aka seeing legendaries in shop is a bit of shame, I would rather prefer all dandy mounts, extra bags and all tier gear except the latest one... but that is up to Warmane anyways.

Edit: if legendaries should be sold, why not limit it somehow aka 1 per month?
    And implement (this is a bit wild theory I know) out of, lets say 5 people who *buy* the legandary from shop that month, some small auction will be held and the highest bidder gets it? (that way they already proved they got the minimum sum to buy it while the others get the *iniital purchase*money sent back?).
    ^ I guess this idea isnt as simple to make (money-wise) as it sounds, but should provide higher profit while not flooding server with legendaries. I guess...
    Edited: April 4, 2017

12. I understand that the servers gota be paid for and employees etc, but I just hope warmane can find other incentives for people to donate instead of legendaries, I personally cant play here if people can buy glaives, same reason i dont play on icecrown, and chose lordaeron. There is another project coming out this year that many are anticipating with amazing scripting like warmane and i would love to play here instead, but i just cant do it on a legendary shop server. Again, im just one player but i know im not alone.
    Edited: April 6, 2017

123 Last