1. [TBC] dynamic XP rates

It has been mentioned before and I would also like to discuss it here:
    I suggest to set the XP rates on the new TBC realm to x5 from 1-58 and x1 from 58-70.

For the healthy of the new TBC realm I think that it is the best when there are x1 XP rates in Outlands.
    More ppl in the open world, better leveling experience, etc.
    On the other hand the lower content, which is anyway unbalanced because it was designed for classic wow, can be quickly passed with x5 rates.

What do u think?
    Edited: April 2, 2017

2. you know that you can level 58-70 in a day, right? x1 rates ofc

3. you know that you can level 58-70 in a day, right? x1 rates ofc
    Nevertheless Warmane intends to set the XP rates to x5 in Outlands.

4. i'd rather see 5x all the way, not a fan of 1x anything. the bigger issue imo is the 1x rep/proff rates.

5. i'd rather see 5x all the way, not a fan of 1x anything.
    Like "heheksdi" said, its not a big deal to level on x1 rates in Outlands. It would be significant faster than leveling from 1-80 on Lordaeron but still not as fast as on Icecrown.
    Imo it would be a mistake to have x5 rates in Outlands. All Outland quests gonna be skipped and with no RDF nobody will do dungeons on such high rates.
    the bigger issue imo is the 1x rep/proff rates.
    Prof rates could also scale dynamically.
    x5 rates until 300 skill and x1 rates from 301-375 skill.

6. I am a player that loves leveling, getting through all the stories, all the immersion... I feel it like one of the very best things in WoW. It is so extent, man... After 8 years playing I still discover new quests, new things related, new little places, new situations... Almost all of them while leveling. I'm a type of guy who thinks that when you reach maximum level, the idea of the game changes completely. Everyone wants to do end-game content, be the best, bla bla. I think the fun in this game is the path, not the end. Therefore, I'd love to see something like 0.5x rates. But I know this will never happen. Also, I feel like classic had put a lot of importance in leveling, with all those elite MoBs and the help you needed for high-rewarding quests. But I also realise it was not polished. But I liked the way it worked overall. After it, tBC hit, making the leveling easier (as any expansion has done as far as I know). I feel like people is used to having the ability of raiding at end-game content. And I think it should not be available to everyone, you should be needed to go through a lot of stories and, materialistically, quests and dungeons, reputation-focused activities...
    So, point being, I feel like a x1 or, while it hurts me to say, a x2 realm would be way better than a x5. You just simoly don't enjoy what you should.
    Educate the community and don't treat an expansion like tBC like WotLK in Icecrown.
    I feel I left a lot of things to be said, but I'll gradually be posting here and there, suggesting too.

Thanks for reading.

7. I used to play on excalibur before coming here. There they have x2 rates (you can drop it to x1 ofc), and I got to see hellfire, zangarmarsh, nagrand, terokar and shadowmoon valley on my way to 70. It didn't feel too fast, but not too slow either. It was just fine. Maybe Warmane could do the same? x5 til 60 and then x2 til 70?

8. Or add a funcion to change the XP, I have seen this before, via a chat command or an npc at the spawn zone.

Default to x5 XP
    Give users the option to change it ingame to x1 XP or x3 XP.

I think this would make everyone happy... And before someone says its unfair because X is leveling fastet that Y, no, its no, Y is leveling at x1 because he wants to.

9. Or add a funcion to change the XP, I have seen this before, via a chat command or an npc at the spawn zone.

Default to x5 XP

I think this would make everyone happy... And before someone says its unfair because X is leveling fastet that Y, no, its no, Y is leveling at x1 because he wants to.
    Still not fair. People are gonna need to sacrifice competivity for immersion. That's not how this game was meant to be played. You'd be telling to the users "Hey, wanna experience the tBC as it was thought to be played by Blizzard? Then give up one of the motivation factors of this game: competivity". That's not fair by itself, either they choose it or not.

I mean... You don't have to create a 5x and a 1x "hardcore". Create a damn 2x or 2.5x (?), everyone then gets a little bit of what they wanted and more people enjoys it. Don't adress it to the population of Icecrown ffs...
    Edited: April 7, 2017

10. Or add a funcion to change the XP, I have seen this before, via a chat command or an npc at the spawn zone.

Default to x5 XP

I don't think that would work.
    The community usually doesn't choose the path that feels most satisfying and rewarding in the end but rather the easiest and fastest available path.
    If there was for example the option to get a BiS gear for free then everybody would take it even though there would be nothing to achieve after receiving it and no point in playing anymore.

Sometimes u have to force the players to struggle, in the end they will enjoy it more than playing on a high rate fun realm.
    Edited: April 7, 2017

11. I don't think that would work.
    The community usually doesn't choose the path that feels most satisfying and rewarding in the end but rather the easiest and fastest available path.
    If there was for example the option to get a BiS gear for free then everybody would take it even though there would be nothing to achieve after receiving it and no point in playing anymore.

Sometimes u have to force the players to struggle, in the end they will enjoy it more than playing on a high rate fun realm.
    Well, if you think WoW is all about gearing to BiS, then you want to get those items. And then... You won, I guess they think. Only a few people seem to understand that the fun in this game is the path and not reaching the end itself. Without this path, there is no fun. If people don't have time or don't want to play again this, why would they join? This expansion was not designed to be played like a fun server... Don't try to convert it.

12. Still not fair. People are gonna need to sacrifice competivity for immersion. That's not how this game was meant to be played. You'd be telling to the users "Hey, wanna experience the tBC as it was thought to be played by Blizzard? Then give up one of the motivation factors of this game: competivity". That's not fair by itself, either they choose it or not.

I mean... You don't have to create a 5x and a 1x "hardcore". Create a damn 2x or 2.5x (?), everyone then gets a little bit of what they wanted and more people enjoys it. Don't adress it to the population of Icecrown ffs...
    True up to a point as people will eventually reach the top anyway, its a matter of how long they wish to enjoy the lowbie content; But at least you are giving them the option and they are choosing, if you just make the realm a set xp value you are not letting anyone have the option, they just have to with it. (also max level tokens for outland might be a thing, we just dont know yet).

Thats exactly what im saying, the difference is you are letting people choose their own rate within a margin, you are not locking everyone out to a single xp rate :)

I don't think that would work.

Yes and No, people that want to play at 1x will play at 1x and wont care about being able to do 5x, nor will they care others are playing at 5x, same goes for people playing at 5x not caring about 1x or people doing 1x, this are two different kinds of players, 1x players are hardcore, thats a given, and you wont disuade them from playing at 1x.

13. Yes and No, people that want to play at 1x will play at 1x and wont care about being able to do 5x, nor will they care others are playing at 5x, same goes for people playing at 5x not caring about 1x or people doing 1x, this are two different kinds of players, 1x players are hardcore, thats a given, and you wont disuade them from playing at 1x.
    Its not that simple.
    Ppl that choose the high rates gonna have a negative influence on the whole realm.
    Think of a dungeon party with x1 rate players that have to play together with naked high rate players.
    Think of BGs on max level with naked high rate players mixed with x1 rate players.
    Think of pug raids with high rate players that didn't learn how to play their class mixed with x1 rate players.
    Think of the competition, achieving something that others didn't is a huge motivation factor in WoW. It wont feel special to hit 70 on x1 rates when the majority of the realm did the same in few hours on high rates.

The option to change the XP rates would be only interesting for solo players that play WoW like a offline RPG. Ppl that like to explore the whole world, do all the quests, etc.
    Ppl that like to interact with others gonna have a poor and demotivating experience when they level on the x1 rates and meet high rate players.

14. We can do this, but we also think it's a disastrous idea. The x1 experience is not an x1 experience with a lot of other people gaining experience faster. There's no plans of doing anything similar to this in any way.

12 Last