1. some questions regarding tbc.

I'm planning to try out tbc to see what all the hypes about, but i've got some questions seeing as how i've only ever done dungeons/raids on wrath.

1. what are some of the biggest differences between the 2? aside from the obvious lvl 70 cap and no northrend
    2. i plan to main a hunter as it's what i'm use to, how do hunters in tbc compare to hunters in wrath?
    3. is leveling proffs roughly the same as wrath, or would you say more/less difficult?
    4. what about rep grinds, same or more/less difficult?

any info would be appreciated, as i legit have no clue what i'm getting myself into.

2. 1. Some spells that exist in WotLK do not exist in TBC. But there are also spells that exist in TBC that don't exist in WotLK. Ranks for spells for casters are more important due to mana efficiency being less forgiving. Raids, for the most part, require the completion of lengthy attunement quests before you can access them, which equates to doing the content previous to it. A lot of specs are a lot more simplistic than what they are in WotLK, such as Ret Paladins (auto attack spec). Druids and Warrior are the best tanks, Paladins are pretty good at mass-AoE tanking, but that's about it. Death Knights don't exist.
    That's just what I can think of at the moment. I could probably go into much greater detail, but I think you can get the general idea.

2. Marksman isn't the "top" spec. In fact, Beast Mastery and Survival can compete pretty decently in a lot of contents. Hunters have a legendary in TBC, being Thoridal, the Star's Fury. But it's inferior to an epic quality bow for Beast Mastery (I believe). It's one of the better damage classes, also.
    Deterrence doesn't exist. Disengage is not a movement skill, instead it is a melee-range threat reduction.
    Those are just some things that come to my mind, but I haven't played TBC in a very long time. Someone else could probably clarify this better.

3. I would say actually capping them is more or less the same difficulty. However, TBC crafting professions have some REALLY strong items, especially for progression for some classes. Engineering doesn't provide nitro boosts, but it does have other interesting things.

4. More difficult, and they are much MUCH more important to progressing your character. You can't even do most, if not all of them, heroic dungeons without getting to revered/exalted reputations so that you can buy the key to unlock the related heroic dungeons. Which, because of this, makes some reputations mandatory for attunement quests, which you have to complete if you ever plan on raiding.

TLDR You can expect a more grindy and hardcore experience than in WotLK. Emphasis on grouping with people is much more prevalent too.

3. If I remember correctly, Marksman is the top for PvP because of the Scatter and Silencing Shot, although for PvE, all the specs have their perks.
    More information can be found here: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...pec-guide.html
    Which is a small guide on PvE Hunters for TBC (Written in 2008)

Deterrence doesn't exist
    A small correction, Deterrence actually did exist. It was originally a talent under the Survival tree where it had increased your Dodge and Parry ratings by 25%

4. I see. Interesting. I guess you can tell I'm pulling this from old memory. haha

5. 2. i plan to main a hunter as it's what i'm use to, how do hunters in tbc compare to hunters in wrath?
    In terms of PvE, BM and MM are pretty similiar to Wotlk. SV hunter is with http://tbc.openwow.com/spell=34503 a raid supporter spec in TBC.

In 2s arena hunter works different in TBC. Its less bursty and more a mana fight. http://tbc.openwow.com/spell=27018 is one of the most important abilitys to drain the healers mana and a scorpid pet to apply additional poison effects to make it harder for the opponent to dispell the viper sting.
    Edited: April 3, 2017

6. I'm planning to try out tbc to see what all the hypes about, but i've got some questions seeing as how i've only ever done dungeons/raids on wrath.

1. what are some of the biggest differences between the 2? aside from the obvious lvl 70 cap and no northrend
    2. i plan to main a hunter as it's what i'm use to, how do hunters in tbc compare to hunters in wrath?
    3. is leveling proffs roughly the same as wrath, or would you say more/less difficult?
    4. what about rep grinds, same or more/less difficult?

any info would be appreciated, as i legit have no clue what i'm getting myself into.
    This is what I remember
    (1)
    5men dungeons are different, tanks won't just be able to drag mobs and tank them all, aoe threat is not that good (except for palas who are specially designed for this) rogues and mages will be very needed because of CC. Usually, in a pack of 4 mobs, you CC 3 and tank 1 or max 2. DPS can easily steal aggro here, focus tank will be a must. And, yes, 5men dungeons take a lot longer than wotlk.

You need rep keys to get into all heroics. Some heroics require attunement. Some dungeons require flying mount.

PVP is slower, no bursts like in wotlk, no viable PVE gear in PVP

(2)
    I also played hunter in TBC.
    They rely a lot on the pet, in PVE mm is not viable, I used to get kicked from guilds/raids for playing mm. BM rotation is very boring imo (lots of steady shots and they reset auto attacks, a little tricky). Never tried Survival
    In PVP, mm hunter is top class. It goes well with resto drood. Viper sting with scorpion pet to stack poisons so viper sting can't be easily dispelled.

(3)
    More difficult, you don't have ench scrolls (if I remember right), very slow flying mount which makes life harder

(4)
    Same, if I remember right.

7. thanks all, gives me an idea of what to expect. should be fun

8. Hunter's have a dead zone too, I remember abusing hunter's dz kiting, or will we be past that patch?