1. Worth it?

Greeting fellow players!
    As the title suggests, i am quite interested in playing the TBC expansion, as i've only played it to acess the wotlk on private servers (which doesnt mean too much), and as someone who have played WC3 and always wanted to see Illidan once again :)

But the thing is: how is it? How could we make a comparison with, lets say, the wotlk expansion? how harder/easier is it? How much different is it?
    I know this expansion is very old but plz, considerate you are talking to someone new to it, who would like to enjoy as much as possible :)

Thanks for all the replies and sorry for any murderer to the grammar :P

2. tbc raids are really hard for example Karazhan or BT but also SWP which is one of the hardest raids. Realm is not open yet but trust me not all guilds will be able to full clear SWP.

3. Even heroics where hard. Especially if no one has a clue.
    You're solo leveling and pull 2-3 mobs? Most likely will end up dead.
    A bit easier then vanilla but not by that much, hard compared to wotlk and requires way more farm to raid.
    If you consider heal or tank you will prob need another lvl 70 dps to farm.

4. Thanks guys for the answers, i was almost giving up hope :( Nonetheless, im waiting to play on the PTR to learn more about some class machenincs and to choose a nice heal class ( i guess ill stay with shamans ;))

5. Mate if you liked wotlk im pretty sure youll like the """""""tbc"""""" server this community wants :)

6. Keep in mind, if you are raiding, that you may want to think about going a lesser played class. For example if you ant to play a caster think about going into shadow priest or boomkin/ele. A lot of people will role mages and locks for that major deeps but raid setups work a lot different. Your buffs are only group wide so those roles WILL be needed unless I'm mistaking and they changed that mechanic in late bc

7. Keep in mind, if you are raiding, that you may want to think about going a lesser played class. For example if you ant to play a caster think about going into shadow priest or boomkin/ele. A lot of people will role mages and locks for that major deeps but raid setups work a lot different. Your buffs are only group wide so those roles WILL be needed unless I'm mistaking and they changed that mechanic in late bc
    I see... That is something i didnt know. Now if i may ask... what about tanks and melee DPS? How do they work and how good are they? Im just asking because i dont want to make mistakes on the main char here :)

one more thing: when you've said that "your buffs are only group wide", did you mean the shaman totems? in that case would be better something to affect the boss instead of the group?

8. I see... That is something i didnt know. Now if i may ask... what about tanks and melee DPS? How do they work and how good are they? Im just asking because i dont want to make mistakes on the main char here :)

one more thing: when you've said that "your buffs are only group wide", did you mean the shaman totems? in that case would be better something to affect the boss instead of the group?
    What do you mean by how do they work and as far as how good they are they are just as good as casters. In bc you need everything for a raid comp. And as for the buffs thing (I could be wrong if it changed somewhere in late bc but this is at least how it USE to be in bc) moonkins have this aura that gives you 5% spells crit, shadow priests give you a buff that regens your mana, and shaman totems give you all sorts of stuff. But in wrath these specific buffs would be to the whole raid but in bc it only affects whose group you are physically in. So shadow priests are always in healer groups and boomkin ladies are always put in destro lock and fire mage groups. Now I don't exactly know how melees work as for their buffs because I didn't play a melee then and I was like 13 but I'm sure it's similar

9. even when i played other expansions of wow, i often found myself higher and higher levels and flying around in BC, farming mats there that people would buy for twink stuff etc.. the music was so well done, the zones are beautiful, and things are difficult in just the right way. Wotlk and after made me die inside a bit because of the streamlined farm tokens system and crafts finally at a near equal level. ( i.e. rocket boots an enchant.)

PVP was excellent as well, the flow of battle is slower so you have to be more tactical, cancelling buffs, and gcd was ever prevalent until season 4 with haste everywhere.

PVE. oh man. every single one of those raids. excellent. some advice, be wary of random pick up groups for Gruuls laire...

10. tbc raids are really hard for example Karazhan or BT but also SWP which is one of the hardest raids. Realm is not open yet but trust me not all guilds will be able to full clear SWP.
    But, on Warmane TBC you can evade this difficulty. You just have to go to the shop and buy the gear of the content you're currenlty doing before killing the bosses who drops it.
    Edited: April 17, 2017

11. But, on Warmane TBC you can evade this difficulty. You just have to go to the shop and buy the gear of the content you're currenlty doing before killing the bosses who drops it.
    False. Items will only be purchasable when the entire raid dungeon is on farm status.

Plus they said "gear" which to me sounds like armor, not necessarily weapons.