1. LFG Questing Roleplay

Looking for serious English-speaking players to take part in organized sessions of extensive roleplay. You must be able to play for 3-5 hours per session.
    Our group will be roleplayed themed, and our classes should compliment each other. Playtime is open for negotiation. Weekends and maybe a few short sessions on weeknights. I use Eastern-Standard Time and the sessions will be set at usually between 5:00pm-12:00am EST.

We will begin at level 1 and quest together throughout each zone, helping the people of Azeroth along the way. We will finish every quest & dungeon in each zone before venturing to the next. Our sessions will be scheduled and organized. Players should not level without the party except for professions.

There will be rules and limitations on the groups. For example, grphyons are forbidden unless you are in the area of Khaz Modan or a major city. Another example of a limitation would be certain Races aren't allowed to have certain professions. A Tauren druid isn't going to know anything about engineering. Im open to ideas and feasible stories but ridiculousness wont be tolerated. Im expecting a realistic RP. It will take place much like the style of Dungeons and Dragons. Early Post-3rd War will be the initial setting for the first groups. Knowledge of lore will be required. I do not want someone who can't name the 7 Kingdoms. You are suppose to be from this world, have grown up in Azeroth, I will expect you to have a basic knowledge of your civilization and people. While I will be participating I will also be the Dungeon Master. This doesnt mean I am in charge, but i will set the guidelines. I am perfectly fine with the Questing Group have a Leader that isn't me, as long as they understand the Dungeon Masters decision trumps all.

While I seem serious, I am a much more relaxed during actual play. Organization is important for a good roleplay group. I believed with more organized play we could bring new life to roleplaying on Warmane. Milita RP is dead. Questing has always been the dominant theme of roleplaying. We will quest! I will be checking this forum post often, so leave a comment if youre interested.

2. While I'm interested in RP, I have to admit your demands turn me away from wanting to join your group. Being demanded to play for 3 to 5 hours is basically turning RP into a pseudo-raid time, and not every player who wants to RP can meet that demand.

I understand the idea of wanting to play together often and stick together, but wouldn't it also be entirely possible to just log everyone's levels in a collective chat of some sort so if someone is missing while the majority is present, they can just catch up on their own pace to join for next time?

Furthermore, why should you have any say in my profession choice? Assuming this group took off and began to level, why does my profession have to tie into the RP at all? Who's also to say that if I did play a Tauren Druid that I couldn't learn engineering? You don't start off at max profession when you pick them up, isn't that essentially to mean you're learning the profession?

Basically to sum everything up, I'm interested in RPing on Warmane, specifically Icecrown as that's where I'm already playing... however you seem way too controlling over minor details and it makes me hesitant. If you'd be willing to negotiate on some things and maybe dial down a bit on the requirements, then I'd be happy to join.

3. Ive rethought it and you are right.

Instead of questing together, i think it would be ideal to have level goals.
    For example, when we all reach level 20, we meet and do SFK together as a role, short sessions. We can level alone, then meet again at other levels to do roleplayers like a full Scarlet Monastery RP dungeon run or later on a full Blackrock Mountain run.

The 3-5 hour time suggestion was an estimate. Ive certainly spent 3+ hours leveling before. 1-2 hours shouldn't be unexpected though, we will roleplaying while doing dungeons. We will however need to have certain dates and times we meet or it'll never work.

Im going to write a more organized post on how this would work
    Edited: April 10, 2017

4. I'm glad you're able and willing to discuss some things! Questing together is certainly fine if the amount of people do permit it, but yes, I believe having leveling goals to stay around to be the best option. Scheduled play nights at around 1 to 2 hours I feel would be an ideal situation, but this is your group and I'm unaware of how many others you've talked to about this or have already gathered support from.

I'm looking forward to your updated post on the idea, also if you've a set server for this idea? I know you said you wanted to do short post-3rd War RP, but does that mean a Wrath server, or?

5. I'm glad you're able and willing to discuss some things! Questing together is certainly fine if the amount of people do permit it, but yes, I believe having leveling goals to stay around to be the best option. Scheduled play nights at around 1 to 2 hours I feel would be an ideal situation, but this is your group and I'm unaware of how many others you've talked to about this or have already gathered support from.

I'm looking forward to your updated post on the idea, also if you've a set server for this idea? I know you said you wanted to do short post-3rd War RP, but does that mean a Wrath server, or?
    Yes, Icecrown server. I think it would work better with twink since most people have them. Each dungeon will be broken into brackets. For example: lvl 19 bracket would have Deadmines, Stormwind Stockades, and Shadowfang keep.

I have 2 campaigns in mind; a Horde starting campaign and a Alliance. Both revolve around securing your position in the each factions ranks and completing task for each respective Kingdom.

6. Still, within the Alliance group I don't want Night elves or Draeni. In the Horde group I don't want Undead or Bloodelfs.

With the Horde, I could see an undead or bloodelf being explained somehow.

The only Draeni I'd expect would be one whose came to warn Azeroth of the coming Burning Legion; they haven't crashed here yet.

We will be playing the role of the adventurers. Icecrown is ideal so that if characters die, or you want to swtuch, you can level fast to catch up.

7. ...cecrown is ideal so that if characters die, or you want to swtuch, you can level fast to catch up.
    So you're saying if we do go into a dungeon and we wipe. We'd all have to start over? As we're essentially dead?

8. So you're saying if we do go into a dungeon and we wipe. We'd all have to start over? As we're essentially dead?
    While I would be interested in doing that- that isn't what I meant.

I meant if you get tired of your character and want to change roles or if your character does die in the RP.

This is what I meant by adding limitations though. If you die more than 3 times then your characters dead for good; I think adding rules like this make the games more interesting because, some characters like Warlocks & shaman are essentially immortal. A warlocks soulstone keeps his soulstored. A shaman can come back from the spirit realm. A druid could possibly travel back from the Emerald Dream. Paladins & Priest have been known to revive people with holy intervention. Resurrections happen but sometimes they dont.

I want to add a truly authentic feel to the game

And worse case scenario if you do die- for good- and you do want to keep playing your character- we could do a quest line to complete a ritual to revive your character. Like I said, there are no limits on what we can do, or where we progress the story, just the limitations already set by the world of Azeroth.

An example of a forum post, looking for other would be like

"Alliance:Scarlet Monastery RP

Need 4 players for Scarlet Mon. RP
    Beginning at level 25, on 11/11/11 starting at 00:00, begin with Scarlet Armory
    No Night Elves. No Draeni. No Dark Magic Users apply.

Prefer Protection & Retribution Paladins with Holy Priest. Need Warriors, Hunters, Rogues, & only certified Dalaran Mages/Students"

What sense does it make to take dark magic users into SM to liberate them from the Burning Legion?
    Why would a Night Elf or Draeni be present in Eastern Kingdoms before humans know they even exist?

Its the small details that make the setting. If you want something outside of the preferred and suggested, the story has to be feasible, and realistic. Id gladly accept a warlock into the above group if he wanted to come as a translator or to help enslave any demons we run into, but not just any warlock. Im not going to trust a random warlock especially on a sensitive mission. While some might call it controlling and demanding, I call it lore-accurate.

9. I be happy tp give this a try, I am a seasoned AD&D 2nd edition player (yes, pen&pencil and a lot of imagination) and really miss the RP on WoW. One of the main reasons I quit playing the retail version. the other was the big changes Bliz made with FP's everywhere, mail boxes everywhere, x server BG's and no way to make a unique char to name a few. I have a lvl 1 Orc warrior wich I haven't even logged into Yet. (Will do so after this post so you can add him as a friend). His name is Karr and he has a very keen eye for weapons....

Regards,

Xean
    Edited: April 11, 2017

10. I be happy tp give this a try, I am a seasoned AD&D 2nd edition player (yes, pen&pencil and a lot of imagination) and really miss the RP on WoW. One of the main reasons I quit playing the retail version. the other was the big changes Bliz made with FP's everywhere, mail boxes everywhere, x server BG's and no way to make a unique char to name a few. I have a lvl 1 Orc warrior wich I haven't even logged into Yet. (Will do so after this post so you can add him as a friend). His name is Karr and he has a very keen eye for weapons....

Regards,

Xean
    Id be grateful to have a veteran D&D player join the group. You can add more orc warrior, Goreslinger. or my Warlock, Vorg.

This thread is more about finding out if people are interested in this style of play. It seems atleast a few people are. Im going to write a storyline, and I will create another more organized forum post later on.
    Edited: April 11, 2017

11. Id be grateful to have a veteran D&D player join the group. You can add more orc warrior, Goreslinger. or my Warlock, Vorg.

This thread is more about finding out if people are interested in this style of play. It seems atleast a few people are. Im going to write a storyline, and I will create another more organized forum post later on.
    Cool, however, I did not read the entire post untill now and I'm not playing on Icecrown yet. Lordaeron is the server I'm currently on.