1. Do you think Outland will harm Lordaeron's population?

Do you think that Outland(the new TBC server) will make things even more difficult for Lordaeron's population after its release? I am NOT trying to incite chaos or anything, I just want to know the community's opinion since I hadn't the chance to play retail TBC many years ago.

I don't know if the TBC has a bigger nostalgic fanbase or not so I am legitimately curious. I absolutely love the WOTLK expansion and ehh, don't feel like migrating to older content, but that's just me of course.

Who knows, maybe it will divide Icecrown's population just as much and we'll see all the servers going relatively strong without any queue(excluding launch weeks which always experience queues)?
    At any rate, I still think Lordaeron is going to sustain a heavy blow and that saddens me.
    I know the servers will be really different due to distinct content/cash shop regulations/exp rates/etc but people simply love higher population servers, myself included(guilty).

In all honesty, what the future reserves for Lordaeron? I hope everything remains reasonably stable because I love Lordaeron. :(
    Edited: April 9, 2017

2. Outland realm by it self will take quite a chunk away from lordaeron realm, but that wont be reason for lordaeron lower population. Realm by itself is designed to be slowly dying realm. Right now there are hype that ICC is out, wait a month, many will understand that they cant progress, many will get tiered of WOW and there is summer comming. Just remember how it was in old lordaeron. on launch it was pretty much full always, and it died slowly. I predict a bit faster rates for this

3. I don't think you really need to worry about Lordaeron. It should be fine. People have invested a lot of time into their characters on Lordaeron, and most likely won't just abandon them. There will be players who try the tbc server when it launches and will probably play both expansions. From my point of view people play on Lordaeron because they want to earn their progression rather than pay for it. And to avoid seeing shadowmournes and BiS players everywhere. Lordaeron gives a more authentic experience. Since Outland will have a cash shop and higher rates it in theory turns the average Lordaeron player off from the server. Now, if they released a 1x tbc server with limited cash shop like how Lordaeron's is, then it probably would have a more drastic effect on Lord's population. I think they will at some point, but probably not anytime soon.

4. Ehh I don't know, guys. This really bothers me. Can't really level up with that thought plaguing my mind!

I just wanted to play on a server, feel right about it and not worry about the possibility of it dying in a couple months.
    What scares me the most is that, hypothetically, Warmane will "upgrade" Lord to Cataclysm someday in order to revive it should things become extremely bad. (Don't judge, that's what I read around)

5. outland will have a hype like lordaeron and drop low in pop like lord shortly. also lord pop will be steady for the next time as soon people learn how to dbs and get more gear and they maybe nerf normal values a bit, pug scene will maybe finally develop a bit on this realms + people bother to gear up alts

6. I don't think. I think Outland will kill Frostwolf, but WOTLK realms are pretty solid.

7. I think both lord and icecrown will see dips in population to begin with. what you have to remember is that Outland is only going ot be PTR from tomorrow and thats 1-70 for 15 days only PTR then a phase 2 PTR with no limit atm. So for now dont worry. The only people you will loose from lord are the ones that cant deal with the x1 rates and buffed bosses :)

8. I dont see Lordaeron dying. Might lose some players, yes, but not most.. Casuals will come and go, thats how it is on every server you'll find out there

9. People will join Outland play till they
    a) get tired of running till lvl 40,
    b) do all the same quests AGAIN,
    c) realise questing without built-in directions wasn't better,
    d) are tired of waiting for the 1 hour hearthstone cooldown,
    e) no longer want to run to every instance in the game,
    f) realise exactly how much farming goes into making your first 70 gear, or
    g) find any other reason to quit because TBC was just better than vanilla, and vanilla was painful.

10. Most twinks 1-70 will leave the WOTLK realms, however, that's a sliver of the population.

11. I've read countless things saying Lordaeron's is "designed to die soon" and that "you should expect it to vanish in a year from now" plus all the rest of salty stuff.
    I dunno if I got brainshed into believing their words after reading it so many times or if that's just a small circlejerk happening around Lord.

Like I said earlier, I just don't want to like, spend 1 month harshly leveling one character(yes, I take that long in x1 rates nowadays and I am ashamed) to 80 to get a nasty surprise not long after. Surprises such as extremely low population or new upcoming expansion packs for Lord. I know it's very unlikely but that would be the most logical solution for a dying WOTLK server that has no content leftg to entertain its players. Especially one who technically evolved from TBC even if it wasn't "official".

12. I've read countless things saying Lordaeron's is "designed to die soon" and that "you should expect it to vanish in a year from now" plus all the rest of salty stuff.
    I dunno if I got brainshed into believing their words after reading it so many times or if that's just a small circlejerk happening around Lord.

Like I said earlier, I just don't want to like, spend 1 month harshly leveling one character(yes, I take that long in x1 rates nowadays and I am ashamed) to 80 to get a nasty surprise not long after. Surprises such as extremely low population or new upcoming expansion packs for Lord. I know it's very unlikely but that would be the most logical solution for a dying WOTLK server that has no content leftg to entertain its players. Especially one who technically evolved from TBC even if it wasn't "official".
    Don't worry. Lordaeron will not die anytime soon so just enjoy the experience. I no longer play this server but I had a blast through the entire gaming I did.

13. Outland will take more players from Icecrown than Lordaeron. The type of realm Outland is shaping up to be from information that is presently available falls in line with the Icecrown demographic more than that of the Lordaeron demographic. Unless they make the realm cash shop free, with 1x rates, I don't think it'll pull a large amount of players off of Lordaeron. (i'm not implying they should btw, I have no issue with Outland taking the course it currently is. I just don't personally plan on playing on it.)

I my self as an example, and my own group of friends want TBC, but we do not plan on playing on Outland, the server does not line up with what we want in a server, and don't wish to burn our self out on TBC with a realm that does not align with our own wants. There are other TBC servers that are sprouting up that'll fulfill what we're looking for, so we planned on staying on Lordaeron until something else appears more to the spirit of what we're used to, whether that be another Warmane realm, or another server all together. All I have to go off is the opinions of friends, and guildies.

I'm fairly certain a good portion of the players i've interacted with on Lordaeron feel the same way, or else they'd all have rolled on Icecrown, as opposed to Lordaeron. So I wouldn't worry about Outland killing or harming the population too much, Lord will be around for a bit longer, and Outland will likely do well for it self as well, if Icecrown is an indicator as to the potential success of high rate cash shop realms.

It just seems silly to think that a realm that will host higher rates and a cash shop would draw players from a realm of players that aren't for cash shops, or aren't for high rate leveling. Than again, I could be wrong. I don't speak for everyone, so who knows.
    Edited: April 12, 2017

14. Lordareon will be fine, don't worry.

15. outland will have a hype like lordaeron and drop low in pop like lord shortly.
    I doubt it. The past showed that its mainly the x1 rate realms that have a high population drop after the hype.
    My assumption is that many ppl that join a hyped low rate realm get bored when they notice how long it takes to level up on x1 rates and at some point they give up. There is a classic WoW server which was highly hyped and has for the same reason a massive population drop right now.

Since the Outland realm gonna have high rates I don't think that its population gonna drop after the hype. Population will most likely be constant like on Icecrown.
    Edited: April 14, 2017

12 Last