1. He really is the best arcane mage i've ever seen.Looshi, i'll try to explain a little bit of my playstyle in 2v2, could you please tell me what i am doing wrong?Ok, so since i'm getting trained what i do is spam arcane explosion+slow+spell steal or arcane missiles to build stacks.When i have 4x stacks i try to get a poly.If i succeed i nova my target use my cds+alter time-->living bomb-->arcane barrage--->ice lancex2 or arcane missiles-->alter time back--->arcane barrage.If i don't i just silence the healer and do the same thing.The only problem i am facing is that all my partners aren't doing any cc at all.I have to do all by myself.Is this how it is supposed to be?I have the feeling that if i don't land a poly we won't get a single cc the whole game.Another question is do i play mage armor all the time?Do i go Molten armor and glyph of armors when facing healer/melee?You said the the best comp for arcane is holy pala, but every time i que with holy pala he isn't doing anything , but just healing me.No ccs,no hand of freedom on me, don't even rebuff the mastery buff on me.Do i have any chance of getting high rating if i can't find a good holy pala or resto druid?Thank you.

2. Worth pointing out that for arenas this is a lot worse then frost while also being a lot harder. Idk how it is here due to all the bugs (i.e a while back, not sure if its still in the game, rof sometimes acted like a deep freeze and wouldnt break on damage, which is huge for a arcane mage) but frost is much better, even if played by the best of the best.

3. He really is the best arcane mage i've ever seen.Looshi, i'll try to explain a little bit of my playstyle in 2v2, could you please tell me what i am doing wrong?Ok, so since i'm getting trained what i do is spam arcane explosion+slow+spell steal or arcane missiles to build stacks.When i have 4x stacks i try to get a poly.If i succeed i nova my target use my cds+alter time-->living bomb-->arcane barrage--->ice lancex2 or arcane missiles-->alter time back--->arcane barrage.If i don't i just silence the healer and do the same thing.The only problem i am facing is that all my partners aren't doing any cc at all.I have to do all by myself.Is this how it is supposed to be?I have the feeling that if i don't land a poly we won't get a single cc the whole game.Another question is do i play mage armor all the time?Do i go Molten armor and glyph of armors when facing healer/melee?You said the the best comp for arcane is holy pala, but every time i que with holy pala he isn't doing anything , but just healing me.No ccs,no hand of freedom on me, don't even rebuff the mastery buff on me.Do i have any chance of getting high rating if i can't find a good holy pala or resto druid?Thank you.
    You can't land a kill using ice lances unless it's 70%+ dampening on a 60% hp left target when facing healer/dps. The overall idea for the rotation isn't that wrong but you really need to land those missiles if you want to kill people. Or use Barrage-> lances -> Barrage with alter but that's not the optimal approach.

Worth pointing out that for arenas this is a lot worse then frost while also being a lot harder. Idk how it is here due to all the bugs (i.e a while back, not sure if its still in the game, rof sometimes acted like a deep freeze and wouldnt break on damage, which is huge for a arcane mage) but frost is much better, even if played by the best of the best.
    Ring of Frost has damage tolerance, it's not like Polymorph. If I'm not wrong its damage tolerance is ~10% of the enemy's hp. So no it doesn't work as a deep freeze, atleast not that I know of. And yes, frost is by far way easier in the meta and easier to handle. I'm not playing Arcane because it's better but simply because I like challenges and if you ask me, I find it far more fun. I've played frost and fire for 2/3 days each and deemed them far too boring.

4. Rof should have a 0 damage tolerance, it should work like poly, so its a bug. A bug that makes arcane slightly stronger i think (because it needs the freeze effects more then frost does).

5. Alter,barrage,2xlance,alter,barrage can pretty much kill anything.
    170+80+80+170+ let's say 2 bomb ticks (40+40) = 580k

6. Rof should have a 0 damage tolerance, it should work like poly, so its a bug. A bug that makes arcane slightly stronger i think (because it needs the freeze effects more then frost does).
    Please stop spreading misinformation about bugs that do not exist without proof/checking sources first. Rof does not have 0 damage tollerance and is not like poly whatsoever.
    In the video I've linked RoF takes multiple living bomb ticks and does not break at all.
    Please avoid self proclaiming unexistent bugs any further, this is a guide topic not a bugtracker.
    Thank you.

7. Alter,barrage,2xlance,alter,barrage can pretty much kill anything.
    170+80+80+170+ let's say 2 bomb ticks (40+40) = 580k
    I agree, it does deal that much damage but you'll never kill a rsham like that and many other classes such as wars rogues druids etc. The only things I can imagine dying to that are spriests who're without rshams. Consider that there's hots and damage reducing defensives when you burst so if an endgear player's hp is around 560k hp without hp buffs that means you want to bring your total burst damage above 700k. While your method is effective, it will almost never work in any highrated environment before 70% dampening.

8. Now I'm using this rotation:CDs,alter,barrage,alter,missiles,barrage, lance.

9. Difference between haste as main stat and mastery as main stat is 0,11 sec casting timer reduction. With Mage Armor on i get 1.45 cast timer of Arcane Blast with haste as main stat to 1,56 Arcane Blast timer with Mastery as main stat BUT the difference in dmg is quite big in bursting/which arcane heavily depends on,similar to sub rogue but caster/. With a lot of testing with haste build all procd burst in arena my top Barrage on full geared leather/for dummy/ player was 167k where with mastery build my top was 211k. Its not worth to loose stronger burst for 0.11 sec casting reduction in spells where you need faster casting timers for 3 spells/Arcane Blast,Polymorph and Ring of Frost/ since u can stop Arcane Missile cast and get charge for free. Also Ice Floes for Arcane is mandatory,yes Blazing Speed is much easier to use but once u got urself a melee on you after this blazing speed you cant do **** for 25 seconds where he will cc/kick every cast of yours,where with Ice floes u can - fake cast for kick,Ice floes,cc/slow dat annoying melee on you and continue your rotation with ease until you reposition urself . Also polymorph while moving...nuf said.

10. Difference between haste as main stat and mastery as main stat is 0,11 sec casting timer reduction. With Mage Armor on i get 1.45 cast timer of Arcane Blast with haste as main stat to 1,56 Arcane Blast timer with Mastery as main stat BUT the difference in dmg is quite big in bursting/which arcane heavily depends on,similar to sub rogue but caster/. With a lot of testing with haste build all procd burst in arena my top Barrage on full geared leather/for dummy/ player was 167k where with mastery build my top was 211k. Its not worth to loose stronger burst for 0.11 sec casting reduction in spells where you need faster casting timers for 3 spells/Arcane Blast,Polymorph and Ring of Frost/ since u can stop Arcane Missile cast and get charge for free. Also Ice Floes for Arcane is mandatory,yes Blazing Speed is much easier to use but once u got urself a melee on you after this blazing speed you cant do **** for 25 seconds where he will cc/kick every cast of yours,where with Ice floes u can - fake cast for kick,Ice floes,cc/slow dat annoying melee on you and continue your rotation with ease until you reposition urself . Also polymorph while moving...nuf said.
    I usually look at replies in a much more composed manner but this reply literally had me crying on the floor laughing the whole time. But let's debunk it in a mature way.

1. First off, Barrage hitting for 167k with a Haste Build and 211k with a Mastery Build. So your haste goes up by 7% roughly while your mastery goes up by 21%? Pretty sure I would've noticed that big of a difference, trust me that's not how it is, you're clearly not timing your ICDs correctly.
    2. Arcane relies on burst rather than 0.11s? I mean, casting faster also means much more uptime, it's not 0.11s total, it's 0.11s EACH cast. (but who even casts full blown arcane blasts past even 1.5k rating let's be honest LUL) And not only casts but if you knew a little bit more about mages you'd also know that there are global cooldown breakpoints which make your global cooldown go faster which is really really crucial to get your spells in faster before TIMED bursts end. It's also needless to say that you shoot missiles faster I suppose. I mean with a haste build you also get 1 extra global cooldown inside of deep freeze, definitely not something you should overlook. I probably overexplained this one but oh well, I need the reader to realize how bad this guy's theories are.
    3. If you manage to kite any of my meele champs with ice flows, I'll buy you a car. Only PoM and Blazing Speed are viable in any sort of pvp environment. In legion you pick ice floes cause anything else is just bad in that talent row and mages there don't even use it for spell casts but for adding extra stuff to dispel/spellsteal, that's how useful your little MANDATORY talent is. PoM is used against heavy caster comps and Blazing Speed against comps that would normally focus you (mostly meeles).
    4. You can only fake cast with Ice Floes or something?

Here's my immature way of handling your reply:
    Also, I got rank 1 Gladiator title (Relentless Gladiator to be precise) while playing arcane.. nuff said.

All of that said though, it's good to try new ways to play something but unless you achieve something with it, keep your theories outside of concrete topics.

Thank you,
    Looshi.
    Edited: February 4, 2018 Reason: Had written "arcane barrage" instead of "arcane blast"

First 12