1. May 1, 2017  
    Given a proper 1v1 inside a arena and given the server works as it did on retail:

the best specs are:

frost mage unconstested as #1
    sub rogue as 2
    WW/feral as 3.

The rest is ****.

2. May 3, 2017  
    Given a proper 1v1 inside a arena and given the server works as it did on retail:

the best specs are:

frost mage unconstested as #1
    sub rogue as 2
    WW/feral as 3.

The rest is ****.
    you must have have clue PogChamp

1. every good warrior and i mean good not warmane-style can reck any frost mage in 1v1 with a good cd management, even if the mage is playing ice ward.
    2. sub rogue lmao, just an example every sub rogue should lose to a frost mage or warrior except you are rly badass
    3. yes ww/ferals/rets are really ******ed 1v1 specs in arena, but outside arenas its not that hard except ferals

in conclusion, warriors are able to reck any spec in 1v1 except ferals playing heart of the wild.

EDIT: of course any hunter should also destroy any mage in 1v1
    Edited: May 3, 2017

3. May 5, 2017  
    you must have have clue PogChamp

1. every good warrior and i mean good not warmane-style can reck any frost mage in 1v1 with a good cd management, even if the mage is playing ice ward.
    2. sub rogue lmao, just an example every sub rogue should lose to a frost mage or warrior except you are rly badass
    3. yes ww/ferals/rets are really ******ed 1v1 specs in arena, but outside arenas its not that hard except ferals

in conclusion, warriors are able to reck any spec in 1v1 except ferals playing heart of the wild.

EDIT: of course any hunter should also destroy any mage in 1v1
    1. No, they cant. Its basicely a free kill for the mage.
    2. Yes, frost mage is favoured. (hence the #2 instead of #1)War is a free kill, theres literally nothing the warrior can do against a properly good rogue.
    3. I was saying inside the arena, so ... .

Heres an example of a r1 mage vs a hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeUMZu55UKA

(BM hunter who is playing like a total coward is better but still beatable (but remember that BM was the worst spec during live, i.e when everything was working properly, so no one really played that, unlike here), but the old vods of jah dueling every r1 hunter are sadly gone, or i couldnt find them - he lost some in the beginning, but then won over and over)

(but remember, im talking about if the mage or sub rogue are played by the likes of jahmilli or pikaboo, not some random person, warriors and similar are a lot stronger because they are easier). If played to perfection mage and rogue are the 1v1 kings. Warrior is really bad.

4. May 5, 2017  

(but remember, im talking about if the mage or sub rogue are played by the likes of jahmilli or pikaboo, not some random person, warriors and similar are a lot stronger because they are easier). If played to perfection mage and rogue are the 1v1 kings.
    I agree with mage, though it's kinda irrelevant since there are no mages even close to Jah's skill level on Frostwolf. Don't really agree with 5.4 rogue, though. Rogues tend to be godlike in burstier expansions where they can just find the right time to stunlock and kill you in it. 5.4.8 pvp was much less bursty than prior expansions.

I'd say mage and ww monk- those are the specs that you'd see doing most of the 1v2 videos in MoP. Rarely saw a rogue doing one.

5. May 5, 2017  
    Yeah, its totally pointless dicussion because you need absurd skill to pull that off. But the same is true for rogue, someone like pika could 1v1 pretty much anything bar a similarly good frost mage, in 5.4. Sub rogue still has the burst to 100-0 in a stunlock (take the game around min 4 as proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v4YJ6yzqgI&t=139s), and if you do duels in wargame you have the pillars for endless restealths.
    Edited: May 5, 2017

6. May 5, 2017  
    Yeah, its totally pointless dicussion because you need absurd skill to pull that off. But the same is true for rogue, someone like pika could 1v1 pretty much anything bar a similarly good frost mage, in 5.4. Sub rogue still has the burst to 100-0 in a stunlock (take the game around min 4 as proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v4YJ6yzqgI&t=139s), and if you do duels in wargame you have the pillars for endless restealths.
    I don't play either class, so I may be wrong, but it seems like a ww monk would have a big advantage over a rogue. He has nimble brew to break a kidney, karma to negate shadow dance (and karma is physical so the rogue can't cloak it), plus fists of fury can't be trinketed by the rogue. That ww ranged root would seem to be good against a burst of speed rogue, since it's spammable and BoS doesn't break roots, just snares. Paralysis is also physical, so cloak isn't much good at all against a ww.

Speaking of Pikaboo, I remember in late Cata, before he became famous, he would spam trade chat on the Darkspear server I was on with messages that said "13 year old rogue streaming 1v2 arenas." I remember thinking "who does this kid think he is?"- I had no idea he would turn out to be so good. Don't recall him streaming 1v2s in MoP, though, so I tend to think rogue was stronger 1v1 in Cata than MoP.
    Edited: May 5, 2017

7. May 5, 2017  
    Rogue just wasnt a good 1v2 class in mop, you wanted a ww monk for that (or a mage, or earlier in the expansion a BM hunter). As for ww vs monk, apparently extremely good rogues just killed ww monks without a chance on their part. But im not sure how exactly either. Probably because ww has no real passive damage reduction, so dance forces nimble, blind forces trinket and then they are dead to blades (or if they sit blind and trinket during blades - then they are dead to the next dance 100-0). Every one of their CDs is active and they cant do anything if stunned iirc.

Ferals also werent that great in 1v2s but they were beasts in duels (inside the arena, basicely won vs anything that wasnt a rogue or mage).

Iirc DKs were also quite good at dueling, but i dont recall how good (and they were garbage everywhere else sadly anyways).

8. May 5, 2017  
    karma is physical so the rogue can't cloak it
    Karma is magic damage and rogues can cloak it, just like DKs can AMS it :)

9. May 5, 2017  
    Karma is magic damage and rogues can cloak it, just like DKs can AMS it :)
    Oh, ok - but the debuff itself must be physical because I've removed it with my paladin's hand of protection. So I assume cloaking it would stop karma from damaging the rogue (while cloak is active), but it would still offer damage protection to the monk. Assuming that's the case, it would still be very helpful against shadow dance, blades, etc.

First 123