1. Counters in 1v1

Im just wondering what are some well known counters in 1v1, like mage counters warrior for example

2. Well I play as a Rogue, one who uses utilities; batman-ing in some of my fights. I can reduced a warrior's armor by like 40%+ making them easy to kill in a burst, as for mages or any caster, I can annoy them with a silence debuff that keeps stoppin casts for 6 seconds at a time when it procs.

This is just me, but if you want to counter them normally, you'd have to gear up and read them like a book, their bursts, defensive spells, etc.

3. Since combat rogue can one shot everyone, I think its counter for everyone :D
    I odnt know, it deppends on how you know the class.. everyone can beat everyone

4. As a DK, i never had issues with rogues. It sometimes gets annoying watching them run away, like the coward class they are.

5. Greetings evryone,

I'm going to be straightforward in this topic. 1v1s don't mainly consist of "counters", 1v1s are determined by the skill level of each player. Basicly, any player can beat another player on any class, albeit more difficult for some matchups. That being said, there are some "Counters" as you would put it, but I prefer to say that those matches are just more challenging. Having played MoP fully when it came out on live, I played a fair amount in 1v1 against some really competitive players. I used to main Feral Druid a lot, but played Windwalker monk aswell as Subtlety rogue and Fire Mage.

This is my complete list of matchups, let's start by Feral druids:

Feral Druids
    Basicly good against any class in 1v1s, this is one of the strongest characters in 1v1s, you have CC, heals, and constant damage as a feral druid. Feral druids are mainly good against any casual player, but when you face off against players that know their class and CC usage, feral can become a challange to play. Most people would say Feral is un-counterable, but I disagree. The best 1v1 spec I found in MoP was treants/nature's vigil. High constant damage with good sustained healing. Most people in Warmane preffer using Hearth of the wild, it's good, but it has some disadvantages against better players.
    Counters for ferals can only be found in the better playerbase, because you need to play around the feral's CDs plus your own.
    Efficient counters are made by skillfull:
    -Warriors
    -Windwalker monks
    -UH DKs
    -Frost Mages
    -Fire Mages, but that's a bit more difficult.
    -Destruction Warlocks
    -Sub Rogues, but only if they know how to properly CC
    -Ferals. Ferals vs Ferals don't consist of who kills the other one first, it's a fight for getting hibernates & cyclones better.
    These are the classes Ferals barely struggle against, if you lose against this you're either very unlucky or you're bad and your opponent is good.
    -Shadow Priests, very squishy and you can easily defensive CD all their damage
    -Any other spec then Destro lock, if you can CC their offensive CDs and Dark Regeneration, you're completely safe
    -Boomys, aka Balance Druids. Come on guys, it's a weaker version of Feral :p
    -Certain hunters. They can't live throught your bleeds if they're bad. Good hunters can be a struggle.

Well now, I think I gave quite the input for Ferals eh? I'll make another post about mages next, right now I'm a bit lazy to continue. :p

6. As a DK, i never had issues with rogues. It sometimes gets annoying watching them run away, like the coward class they are.
    As a Rogue, that annoys me too lol, this is why I am a walking Bat cave Rogue. I use an item that causes their own damage on me, and if I get hurt, it puts any fleeing rogue to sleep, or I can wipe out my anti-rogue sword lol, gets em everytime so they dont use vanish/stealth ;)

7. There's only one class unbeatable in 1vs1 and that's blood dk, yes, after that goes ww monk because of touch of karma, combat rouge cause of stealth and enhacement shaman cause of damage.

8. I odnt know, it deppends on how you know the class.. everyone can beat everyone
    Nope... except if your enemy is very very bad.

9. so not true , blood dk ok , monk i can beat any ww at my ilvl ( 527) as ret paladin , combat rog is probably easier to kill than sub and assassin and ehacement isnt so good 1v1 either

10. I think people widely agree on WW Monk being one of the most viable 1v1 specs in 5.4 with Feral Druid coming in as a close 2nd. Doesn't matter if you can beat *one* or *two*, it's their overall performance and toolkit that makes them so good and capable of dealing with most situations.
    That being said, the environment always plays a role as well. It's much harder as a cheesy melee (which both of those specs are) against more bulky/slow melees or even rangeds if you cannot LoS to regain some health or even a restealth.

11. There's only one class unbeatable in 1vs1 and that's blood dk, yes, after that goes ww monk because of touch of karma, combat rouge cause of stealth and enhacement shaman cause of damage.
    Blood DKS are arent a problem at all to me atleast as a feral, enha is squishy af it has the burst but in terms of survivability its garbage

12. As a total noob who only plays randoms this is my opinion:

1. Frost dk - can kill stuff. It's a very good 1 vs 1 class. Maybe because I can use 2 damage trinkets without the need to be an ugly hooman, but they have low mobility can can get countered by more mobile classes, who can also heal like Druids (Balance and Feral).

2. Frost Mage - I am not that good playing it, but... I guess Shamans are hard, with their self-healing and dispels, also nature's guardian talent that gives them tons of hp and you just cannot burst them down, and Frost Mages are all about burst.

3. Assassination rogue - I really hate hunters, with their deterrance and the fact that they can put you out of stealth so easily, and if they have disarming pet....

4. Enhancement Shaman - I get countered by everything, because I am lowbie.

5. Shadow Priest - I hate melees, any melee, but especially warriors, monks and rogues. I just cannot run away from them. I mean maybe I can, but I cannot kill them while I run away, unlike on my Frost mage. Nevertheless it's a great class for group setting like bgs, I can off-heal others , while doing good damage, as long as you keep melee off me.

13. Frost dk - can kill stuff. It's a very good 1 vs 1 class.
    Having mained Frost DK for well over a year on this server, I'll go ahead and say that I've had differing experiences. On low MMR / vs inexperienced players, it is a relentless killing machine, but it's pretty much the least mobile class of all, and it's only really dangerous in close range (as you can only spam HB for so long until you run out of resources). Its self heal is weak compared to the two other DK specs' and your damage output drops significantly when you're forced to play defensively. It's good at countering CC though, but that's about the only thing it has going for itself.
    All in all I'd say Frost DKs can be played to the highest degrees of effectiveness in random bgs, not so much in 1v1 situations against more mobile opponents.

14. Having mained Frost DK for well over a year on this server, I'll go ahead and say that I've had differing experiences. On low MMR / vs inexperienced players, it is a relentless killing machine, but it's pretty much the least mobile class of all, and it's only really dangerous in close range (as you can only spam HB for so long until you run out of resources). Its self heal is weak compared to the two other DK specs' and your damage output drops significantly when you're forced to play defensively. It's good at countering CC though, but that's about the only thing it has going for itself.
    All in all I'd say Frost DKs can be played to the highest degrees of effectiveness in random bgs, not so much in 1v1 situations against more mobile opponents.
    Well, yeah. As I said I only play bgs where a lot of people are undergeared.
    A good ranged is hard to deal with.
    I have actually tried death's advance to counter this, and it does help a little (Chillblains are bugged anyway).... or you can use speed potions, Goblin racial or engineering speed boost.

15. I have actually tried death's advance to counter this, and it does help a little
    True - but how many DKs would seriously pick DA over Chilblains or Asphyxiate? It just seems like the other two talent choices are more viable overall.

Chillblains are bugged anyway
    How so รถ.o? I see a lot of people calling certain abilities, talents and glyphs bugged, many of which I've used before without any notable issues. I'm generally inclined to believe most of those claims when it's about a lack of fine-tuning (like monk roll for example where the initial "dive"-animation is missing), but I couldn't tell what's wrong with Chilblains right away. (Worth noting I haven't played my DK in *quite* a while, and I've always been more of an Asphyxiate-kinda guy...)

or you can use speed potions, Goblin racial or engineering speed boost
    Many of which are either not available in arena (potions and nitro belt) or universally available to your opponents as well. It does help in random bgs though, so point taken :)
    Edited: April 13, 2017 Reason: typo

123 Last