1. Since combat rogue can one shot everyone, I think its counter for everyone :D
    I odnt know, it deppends on how you know the class.. everyone can beat everyone
    Combat rogues can be countered as well of course.

2. As a DK, i never had issues with rogues. It sometimes gets annoying watching them run away, like the coward class they are.
    Yea those f@cking rogues,right?... why dont they fight with your plate armored head face to face?...If you are calling rogues cowards because they can vanish and run from you when they want or when they can this tells me you do not understand too much about the mechanics of this game!

3. Yea those f@cking rogues,right?... why dont they fight with your plate armored head face to face?...If you are calling rogues cowards because they can vanish and run from you when they want or when they can this tells me you do not understand too much about the mechanics of this game!
    There is a difference between vanishing(but keeping your ground) and running away from a fight(in which most cases rogues love to start). Oh... and did i mention that as a 550 hunter, i literally got paralyzed by a rogue? With no chance to pop anything for defense(could just say one shot indeed), which to me.. seems to be considerably ridiculous. I can understand CC's, but endless stuns? Don't think so. Perhaps if you were wearing toilet paper for gear would probably justify all that op/stuns bursts as you would die by any shot yourself lol. Cloth wearers complain less about plate than rogues tend to. But none the less, a class gotta do what it can to survive. There are the honorable players that stay and finish what they started, and then... there are rogues, needless to say more. Peace.

4. There is a difference between vanishing(but keeping your ground) and running away from a fight(in which most cases rogues love to start). Oh... and did i mention that as a 550 hunter, i literally got paralyzed by a rogue? With no chance to pop anything for defense(could just say one shot indeed), which to me.. seems to be considerably ridiculous. I can understand CC's, but endless stuns? Don't think so. Perhaps if you were wearing toilet paper for gear would probably justify all that op/stuns bursts as you would die by any shot yourself lol. Cloth wearers complain less about plate than rogues tend to. But none the less, a class gotta do what it can to survive. There are the honorable players that stay and finish what they started, and then... there are rogues, needless to say more. Peace.
    Hunters can dodge stuns with deter, cc rogue with pet, use roar of sac or trinket> deter the combat burst with ease

5. Hunters can dodge stuns with deter, cc rogue with pet, use roar of sac or trinket> deter the combat burst with ease
    It is possible to hit thru deter (briefly) as a rogue ;)

6. It is possible to hit thru deter (briefly) as a rogue ;)
    Care to elaborate? I know that you could cheap shot through det back in cata, which basically bypassed deterrence pretty much entirely. Is it the same in 5.4? It seems like the way deterrence works in MoP has changed from increasing the parry chance to just flat out deflecting damaging abilities, so you got me curious.

7. Well sometimes you get stunned in deter because of warmane's awesome server lag ;)

8. WW Monks are the best 1v1 class and Frost DKs are possibly the worst....average damage and very low survivability. Having said that....skill being equal...DKs should beat rogues most of the time, especially unholy DKs...

9. As an Arms Warrior.. ye that's it..

jkjk, As an Arms Warrior we could beat every class basically, but i must say, Windwalker Monks definitely give me a run for my money personally, sometimes even if i manage to outplay a monk by leaping the Leg Sweep for example and using my Die by the Sword preemptively to counter Fists of Fury, bait trinket and fear the karma, i still most likely flop to the sheer damage monks can dish out from nowhere.

Next would be the infamous counter and that's Frost Mages, but once you know the little tricks to connect it gets easier-ish..

Rogues? Well Combat is a question of how much will Killing Spree do, otherwise it's fairly easy to win against a rogue.

idk what else, against good players of course you will have to put out your A-Game against any class, but warriors can definitely stand tall to each and every Class and Spec.

#slamftw *grabs popcorn*

10. It seems to me like MoP is the expansion where they gave good, and I emphasize the word "good," frost mages the ability to be godlike in 1v1. Bad ones are still not that hard in MoP, but if you find one of these mages who uses alter time, orb/incanter's ward burst, and ring of frost to their full potential, it just overwhelms you. This can be seen from the fact that good mages like Xaryu did a ton of 1v2 arena videos in MoP. If a spec is good at 1v2, it's a pretty safe bet it's godlike in 1v1.

The other spec you'd see do 1v2 streams a lot in MoP is ww monk, but you didn't have to be as good at ww monk to 1v2. It's just inherently a great 1v1 or 1v2 class.

So I'd vote ww monk the best 1v1 class and frost mage as well in the hands of a good player.
    Edited: April 15, 2017

11. How so รถ.o? I see a lot of people calling certain abilities, talents and glyphs bugged, many of which I've used before without any notable issues. I'm generally inclined to believe most of those claims when it's about a lack of fine-tuning (like monk roll for example where the initial "dive"-animation is missing), but I couldn't tell what's wrong with Chilblains right away. (Worth noting I haven't played my DK in *quite* a while, and I've always been more of an Asphyxiate-kinda guy...)
    Well, right now I also using asphyxiate, but last time I tried chillblains the root wasn't working.

When I tried it on low lvl mobs (those who die with one disease tick) and when casting chains of ice on them sometimes (around 50% of the time) the root debuff doesn't show and they are able to move.
    Since I did it with mobs there is no way it's DR kicking in.
    The root part of the talent is really essential, so if it doesn't work 100% of the time, I'd rather take the other talents and use Chains of Ice as a slow.

I don't know, maybe it was supposed to be like this?
    Maybe it's actually 'has a chance to root'?
    Didn't read the talent tooltip in a long time. Either way, stun > unreliable root.

12. So you tested it in PvE? Cause it wouldn't be the first time that an ability that works perfectly fine in PvP doesn't work properly in PvE. Just give it a try in a random bg, it should work.

13. Adding to what the previous users have said, I'll add that *personally* as a main ww monk my most biggest weakness is the frost mage. I don't know if the majority of ww monks can relate but nonetheless frosties are nothing to joke about.
    On a side note - I'm rather surprised nobody mentioned destro warlocks.... since given how good the other 1v1 classes are, warlocks tend to fall behind a bit. Actually I don't know if they excel at anything at all. Sure they have good health pool and potentially insane chaos bolt crits, some fears, but that's pretty much it.
    As a monk I simply eat warlocks (and ele/enha shammies) alive, there's mostly nothing they can do to survive... but that's probably since monks in general are great against casters (except frosties).

Generally this sort of question boils down to who is playing what. For example - on paper, enha shammies have outright stupid potential burst damage output. Emphasis on paper. Most of the times they're not actually played right because they suffer from low mobility and as such they have a hard time pinpointing the target in 1v1. But deadly if assisted in bgs.
    All in all I feel like most of the folks here can pretty much agree that warriors, rogues and monks are some of the most viable 1v1 classes, and their counters/weaknessses/affo are far more convenient/affordable to hold than some other classes'.

14. May 1, 2017  
    I like to read/post tier lists so here's my tier list for 1v1 classes, assuming the players have mastered their classes:

Tier 1:
    -WW Monk
    -Feral Druid
    -Retribution Paladin

Tier 2:
    -Unholy DK (only because of Gargoyles...)
    -Arms Warrior
    -Subtlety Rogue
    -Frost Mage
    -All Warlock
    -Fire Mage
    -BM Hunter (only if they use Stampede though, which is kind of cheap in World PvP...),
    -Balance Druid
    -Shadow Priest
    -Enhancement Shaman
    -Discipline Priest (Is this cheating in a duel? Maybe...)

Tier 3:
    -Elemental Shaman
    -Survival Hunter
    -MM Hunter
    -Frost DK
    -Combat Rogue
    -Assassination Rogue
    -Fury Warrior

Tier 4:
    -Arcane Mage
    -Blood DK

I think I covered all the DPS (and pseudo-DPS) specs. Within each tier I ranked classes based on how I think they are at dueling (so Arms Warrior>Shadow Priest). Obviously some matches are more favorable for some classes, but overall, in my opinion, the list looks like that.

First 123 Last