3th week-10/12 bosses hc-3 shards
    4th week 12/12 bosses hc-1 shard

Total of 5 for 1 month

Now my progression

1st week 10/12 bosses hc-0 shards
    2nd week 12/12 bosses hc-2 shards
    3th week 11/12 bosses hc-1 shard

Total of 3 in 3 weeks

Now let me clarify that the drops rate should be 25-50% on nm and 51-100 on hc. So either the drop rates are way below the required for a "blizzlike experience" or both him and me are having bad luck.
    Edited: April 14, 2017 Reason: Edit:This is even submitted in the bugtracker 5 months ago.No comment.

2. It's not hard. It depends on your raid, good raid will always down LK so there is always +1 shard because LK has 100% chance to drop.

I had raids where I collected 7 shards and raids where I got only 1.

I collected 50 shadowfrost shards in 3 months and 1.5 week

3. Well,I guess not.By the 10/12 etc I mean that those bosses were hc,others nm.On few runs even LK hand't dropped a sfs.

4. well as player that completed that quest I think that is not true, LK dropped shard for me every single raid. maybe they nerfed it.
    Edited: April 14, 2017

5. Well,then it's tough luck.Today dropped a sfs on lk but still only on lk.It's like freaking ulduar-10% drop chance on all bosses and 100 on lk.

6. So either the drop rates are way below the required for a "blizzlike experience" or both him and me are having bad luck.
    It's not just the two of you. Drop rates are definitely way off, either by way of bug, or an undisclosed but intentional tweak.

In my guild's experience of somewhere in the realm of 40-50 full 25hc clears since that part of the quest first started working, the average number of shards we see drop per run is around 3-4. The MOST we've seen drop in 1 run is 6.

At a 50% drop chance across 12 bosses, the likelihood that you get a total of 3 shards from a run should be basically equal to the likelihood of getting 9, yet 3 shard runs happen all the time, and 9 shard runs are, as far as I know, unheard of server-wide.

7. ICC25N yesterday Think we had 5 Shards Total.
    Also noticed some shards didn't even appear on the loot table for me as the Masterlooter had to do free for all for the assigned player to loot shards from some boss's.

8. Not to mention that you can't get a shard from Sindragosa.

9. It's complicated as all hell.Today tried a nm run with 2 bosses hc so 11/12 bosses,again 0 shards.Idk what are these drop rates atm.

10. May 1, 2017  
    For me it was like this in 25hc icc: worst run x1 shard from LK, average runs x3 shards, and the best runs x6 shards. If you want to finish faster that quest, 1st do only 25hc icc since drop rate is higher. Always kill LK since he will always drop shard. And on sindy when ML gives you shard(you will get quest item) switch to FFA and loot shard.

11. We've noticed that when you have a Hunter as Master Looter, the shards don't appear to him. So always make sure to check bodies yourself. And I'm pretty sure Lich King always drops shards.
    Also keep in mind that "blizzlike experience" requires for a new expansion to come out a week after you are done with the legendary questline (:
    P.S. - I've collected two full Shadowmournes and currently at 38/50 on the third one over the year the questline has been active. (Most I've collected in a single run was 8)
    Edited: December 20, 2017

12. On my last 3 run's 10/12 hc i got 3 shard each from LK ...... I mean drop chance is way bellow what it should be.