1. Bang a Gong!

Will we be able to complete the Bang a Gong! quest so that we can get the Scarab Lord title?

2. Considering that this is part of a Vanilla event that the server won't be progressing through, it is likely that won't support it immediately. Whether or not it will be available at any point remains to be seen.

3. It would be cool but I totally get it if it's not gonna be something the devs have time for. But would be awesome to work on with a group if we could all get Scarab Lord and mount together (which never was the case -- only one person per server could get the title). I did the quest chain on wotlk on my DK and got the turban but it wasn't coded to be able to complete the chain, which is understandable.

4. (which never was the case -- only one person per server could get the title).
    I don't wanna be spreading bollocks but I clearly remember 2 guys on our retail server (Drakthul) having the black beetle mount (seen them, both part of my guild). They said they "rang" the gong together. Not sure about the title tho, one had it for sure, don't remember about the other guy.

5. The only way to get 2 scarab lords on 1 server is if one of them server transfers like it happened in Nihilum in WoD where they had 2 scarab lords in the guild

6. What?!? Multiple people per server had ability to get the title, after the first guy gives in the quest and receives title + mount, other people have 10 hours to complete their quests.

7. What?!? Multiple people per server had ability to get the title, after the first guy gives in the quest and receives title + mount, other people have 10 hours to complete their quests.
    you only got the mount not the title

8. Please don't type stuff if you don't know how things work (talking generally as I see a lot of people has the wrong idea).

Once the first player hits the Gong, there is a 10 hour window for anyone to get it. We were two on my server in Vanilla (me being one of them). After the 10 hour window, the mount was no longer rewarded. And no, the title was not given in Vanilla as the title system wasn't implemented. The title came in TBC when you could choose titles. And yes, having the mount on Outland as well, I'd love to get the title as well. The problem is how ever, the way the mount is obtained here may make it hard to implement the normal way. Getting the Questline done would be fairly trivial and a lot of people would be able to get it, which I personally dislike (keep some things rare). Farming it in Vanilla on the other hand was a lot tougher of course. As not only did you have to grind bugs from Hated to Neutral with BoN but also were all the bosses etc actually scaled for 60 players, where's on a TBC server you can just farm AQ40 a bit and get the rep much quicker. Also the bosses are probably not much of a threat (compared to Vanilla).

One easy way to implement it would be to ad a symbolic "over exalted" (999/1000 rep ingame) donor title. Like now, once you reach exalted, you'll be able to buy the mount .Then when you donate say like 100 more after that you hit this. Yes, not the best way to implement it maybe but considering the nature of the mount currently, it may be the better way to do it. Opposed to make it available to everyone, devaluing the mounts for those who obtained it normally (in terms of Warmane standards ie hitting exalted).

After all, the title pretty much comes hand in hand with the mount anyways.

9. I can see three ways of this playing out.
    1. It will never be released.
    2. The title becomes available for donations, in other words 100+ people will have it and it loses value.
    3. A sit and wait with bot programs and scripts for handing in the Q first of all. You can expect at least 30 players doing this. Considering how this was on normal blizz servers freshly opened, high toxic levels, hacks, cheats etc is to be expected.

In summary, while the title is cool, I personally just foresee problems by releasing it.

10. I can see three ways of this playing out.
    1. It will never be released.
    2. The title becomes available for donations, in other words 100+ people will have it and it loses value.
    3. A sit and wait with bot programs and scripts for handing in the Q first of all. You can expect at least 30 players doing this. Considering how this was on normal blizz servers freshly opened, high toxic levels, hacks, cheats etc is to be expected.

In summary, while the title is cool, I personally just foresee problems by releasing it.
    Sounds pretty realistic, the mount however is already available though and I guess that's the main point in this "bundle", so might as well just give the titles to the "rightful owners".

Not sure what you mean with the 30 ppl with situation btw? Why would it matter who bangs first?
    Edited: February 11, 2018

11. What I mean is that there are several people with a large part of the chain done, hence since the first one to hand in the quest gets the title you can expect the area to be camped ane every dirty trick, exploit and hack in the book being shown off in order to secure the first hand in. :P
    I suppose one can grant the title to those who got the mount and have done the chain, alas this will reduce the prestige surrounding this title.

12. Don't necro old threads, please. Make a new thread for the discussion instead.