1. [TBC] GearScore Lite for 2.4.3 by turdas

I do not in any way own this. Just reposting from other website. #all kudos to turdas /sends coins

Originally Posted by turdas
    I always thought TBC was missing something, and after seeing PuG raid leaders asking to "whisper stats", I realised exactly what that was: GearScore!

So here's a port of GearScore Lite from 3.3.0 into 2.4.3. It's pretty much exactly the same in functionality, but if you're unfamiliar with this great tool, here's a quick rundown of what it does (and what it does not) and what's "new". Keep in mind I only ported this, the original addon is made by Mirrikat45. This is the Lite version, which has none of the useless functionality of the full-fledged version: it shows player's gearscores in their tooltips, and your own in your profile (and also in your tooltip), and can be configured with simple chat commands.

- Gauges player's gear and gives you a weighed scoring based on their gear's item level. "Weighed" means that for instance ring slot items affect this scoring less than weapon or chest slot items do.
    - Gives you a quick overview of a person's gear.
    - Does not relieve you of the duty of inspecting people.
    - Does not represent player skill.

I adjusted the scale so that it's similar to what it was in WotLK. Fresh 70's have around 2000GS, while people in the best gear possible will have around 5500-6000GS. More accurate estimation will come from experience.

Installation:
    Unzip it into your InterfaceAddOns directory. Make sure you use "Extract here" and not "Extract into GearScoreLite_3x04y02" (or something similar).
    After that, enable in the Addons menu (although it should be enabled by default).

Settings:
    Settings can be changed with the chat command /gs -- typing it without parameters gives you a list of possible options.

Screenshots:
    Character sheet
    Player tooltip

Download (version 3x04y05):
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Mirror 3
    To those that don't like the add on. FeelsBadMan.
    Edited: April 13, 2017

2. oh god. now TBC will also get infected..... RIP

3. HA they thought they could escape the mighty Skillscore.

4. as far as i remember in TBC lots of lower ILV items are really good or even bis for some classes.i dont see how can this addon possible work for TBC.GS mean alot in WOTLK and above but in TBC will be almost completely useless since you will have to inspect people anyway to see if they have correct gear.i mean lets take x2 prot paladins for example, 1 with SP gear and 1 with non but with way higher GS,who will you take to tank?
    Edited: April 15, 2017

5. Please work with UI better then addons like this :)

6. May 11, 2017  
    Delete this thread please. Gearscore for TBC ? Jesus Christ... People will have greens and blues overall when you do some heroics and normals so gearscore is irrelevant don't use gearscore to decide if you should invite a guy or not... next in line would be inspecting them fully and checking out talents ...

7. looking at global on outland and people be looking at gearscore :3

8. thanks god in medivh no such cancer is arrived. i will never download nor group with someone with gearscore. is also ridiculous in tbc because most items in raid you are going to use are green so lol at this addon. srsly reprot this post for closing.

9. im laughing reading these post, i couldnt agree more because at this moment i cant find a group for only normal 5 man's and just because i dont have 2.2k+ GS i wont even get a reply back. even though ive ran these dungeons with even crappier gear and there was no problems, but now i cant even get gear for appropriate times you need gear score like heroics. i have pritty decent gear decent enough to survive and deal alot of dps as an enh shamy and i deal alot of dps thanks to the broken wind fury totem and still nothin and i laugh at prozergman because 10 minutes ago i just got kicked because this guy checked out my talents. so now im stuck and cant get the gear i need but im still super qualified to run these dungeons! its such cancer

10. im laughing reading these post, i couldnt agree more because at this moment i cant find a group for only normal 5 man's and just because i dont have 2.2k+ GS i wont even get a reply back. even though ive ran these dungeons with even crappier gear and there was no problems, but now i cant even get gear for appropriate times you need gear score like heroics. i have pritty decent gear decent enough to survive and deal alot of dps as an enh shamy and i deal alot of dps thanks to the broken wind fury totem and still nothin and i laugh at prozergman because 10 minutes ago i just got kicked because this guy checked out my talents. so now im stuck and cant get the gear i need but im still super qualified to run these dungeons! its such cancer
    Yea same, been stuck at whatever ****score for ages now. At least when S3 arrives you'll be able to gear up in S1 gear, which will help.
    Edited: November 16, 2017

11. First of all there was an addon for tbc which had the similar point. It was called Examiner. The only difference on them, examiner didn't sum anything it was showing you the bonus stats, surely you had to look and read stuff to see if his gear was good or not, but it prevented lazy people from raid leading. Then another point. I just swapped legs which are definitely way better for me and my spec then the others which i had before, and i lost 50 GS. And finally, this GS sh*t made raids WORSE, yes it did. People just looking at GS inviting people with 3k gs, not checking if they're full pvp geared, and then they ask, why the raid does have that low dps, meanwhile people with 1k (!!!) lesser gs doing DOUBLE as much dps. So in conclusion, i hope the guy who brought gs to tbc gets cancer irl. Like eye for an eye, spred cancer amongst tbc players, get cancer urself.
    Edited: October 13, 2018