1. Lots of alliance players logged into horde just for PTR, cause usually on tests its a desert. Way easier to get a group going.
    Don't blow this out of proportion.

2. Lots of alliance players logged into horde just for PTR, cause usually on tests its a desert. Way easier to get a group going.
    Well if this is true that would be perfectly fine, however it would be nice to know if there are precautions put in place so that if the current balance remains the same we have some security...

Also take a look at the early guilds recruiting, theres like 2 alliance and what... 6 or 7 active posting horde ones already? Yeah its going to be a problem most likely... Sure we're early but there is no reason to not make sure we have something in place to make sure it isnt blown up.

3. mfw the majority of people here who are anti-controlling faction have absolutely no clue about TBC balance. The truth is, Horde WILL have a greater population. There is a good chance it will exceed 45/55. I don't think there should be any modifications to spells, skills, or whatever, but they should probably be smart about it and regulate faction balance somehow.

People rolled Horde just for PTR... lol, yea, you keep believing that.

4. Lots of alliance players logged into horde just for PTR, cause usually on tests its a desert. Way easier to get a group going.
    Shhh. don't try to explain common sense to the Warmane community. They are far beyond that.

Precautions?

How about we charge 10 coins/month to play as undead race. Problem solved. Now you can all get ****ed.

5. What common sense? Why is thinking people are rolling horde on PTR common sense? Its actually the opposite. That statement doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

You can easily type "alliance horde population balance TBC" in google and see what people here are telling you. All private and a lot most of retail wow servers in TBC had problems with ally to horde ratio.

Thing is that TBC was the best pvp expansion where Stormscale reigned as the most competitive pvp battlegroup and this was the warcraft census of the battlegroup in TBC

Total Alliance: 1,541 - 7%
    Total Horde: 20,333 - 93%
    A to H Ratio: 1 : 13.2
    Activity Ratio: 1 : 5.9
    13 : 58*
    * Number of entries in last 30 days

And this is a battlegroup so not one server.

Faction imbalance will become a thing that is certain its up to individual pservers on how to avoid it. Some did it good and have a healthy population others didnt and they are void of players.. But saying it will work itself out is just wishful thinking as this will never happen.

I mean even blizz admitted the imbalance so they gave alliance the most OP pvp racial cause people in the TBC were telling them they are biased towards horde.

6. LOL. So much panic...

Just wait and see. You can post about faction balance after the server is launched.

7. LOL. So much panic...

Just wait and see. You can post about faction balance after the server is launched.
    I dont see anybody panicking. Now is the time to bring it up or this server will suffer like all other private TBC servers except HF. Trying to fix the problem a few months after all the population is horde may be too late.

Don't penalise anybody for rolling horde but incentive people to roll alliance by offering them some perk that is not game breaking. Separate alliance / horde queuing systems. Offer Ally free mount at level 40 or some other basic perks that won't have a big effect on the game but half quality of life while levelling.

So you are saying loads of people are rolling horde on the PTR because they know ally is under populated as **** and don't want to risk making a 2 minute ally character on a PTR just incase then need to spend another 2 minutes making a horde character when as expected they can't make a group easy.
    This is a pattern than is not unique to PTR but across every private TBC server except HF because HF took measures to manage the population. Horde benefited from what was done. You dnt have to q forever to get a BG to pop. Why are you so against this? What is making you nervous about it?

8. Its 2017, yet some people don't understand or even acknowledge why there has, is and always will be a faction imbalance in TBC, that's borderline between ignorant and damn right embarrassing.

Lets just all smack talk OP, tell him his crying. Provide no substance. Call this thread Fake News, only to wonder why in 2 months time, BG queues are horrendous and free faction changes are being given out from Horde to Alliance.

---------------------------------

On a side note, I'm hoping some decent PVP guilds roll ally and trade the Racial Min/Maxing to take advantage of the BG premade queue pops, I think the trade off is worth it if you're DPS. Can't say the same for healers :(

9. Have to admit that i am also little worried about faction balance. Already in testing horde seems to be alot more popular. Just wouldnt want pvp for example to be onesided cause not enough ally to match in numbers.

10. I can only speak for myself. I rolled horde on PTR because i didn't want to get burnout from doing same quests twice. More then i had to at least.
    The idea of testing stuff and being interrupted by bigger faction random ***** weighted plenty too. (lol thanks automatic filter)
    Also in CC test i was the one making threads asking for "enable cross faction for the test please" because it was nigh impossible to get a group going even with irc. There was 1 guild of well coordinated people doing 10 mans 1-2 days a week and that was it.

I like my fast queues? Or my superior racials? Is that what you are saying? Please, don't let them know alliance is better. Or that wotf is useless since you can just buy shadowres gear for same effect. xD
    I think HF will be same in XYZ months because... You can't control peoples choices. How many stop gaming. Or how many reroll.

At least here it's 5x, so people that get tired of long queues can make a pvp toon fast. Which might cause them to do pve later on.

p.s.
    I do however have nothing against a skip queue system for smaller faction.
    Also would like a pvp titles/rewards ratio system like retail currently has. But alas, no plan announced in regards to pvp seasons. No duration or even if start will be delayed few weeks after launch. Wait and see. :/
    [Ultimate solution would be cross faction for pve and pvp.]
    Edited: April 17, 2017

11. .
    Don't compare your ****ty plebeian Hyundai with my Ferrari. It's just silly.
    This has got to be the best thing said in this thread so far.

12. Its 2017, yet some people don't understand or even acknowledge why there has, is and always will be a faction imbalance in TBC, that's borderline between ignorant and damn right embarrassing.

Lets just all smack talk OP, tell him his crying. Provide no substance. Call this thread Fake News, only to wonder why in 2 months time, BG queues are horrendous and free faction changes are being given out from Horde to Alliance.

---------------------------------

On a side note, I'm hoping some decent PVP guilds roll ally and trade the Racial Min/Maxing to take advantage of the BG premade queue pops, I think the trade off is worth it if you're DPS. Can't say the same for healers :(

I will address you with minimal sarcasm if that's what it takes for you to believe I'm not just trolling for the sake of trolling:

Complaining about faction imbalance before the server is released does far more harm than good. It is also entirely speculation being the nature of this server relative to anything you could possibly offer up as comparison - I hope we can agree on that.
    But what you're doing when you create repeated threads whining about racials, faction imbalance, "p2w", and otherwise predicting the death of Outlands BEFORE THE SERVER HAS EVEN BEEN RELEASED is creating undue panic and exacerbating these minute problem that, for the most part, would have previously worked themselves out over time.

So stop speaking exclusively in hyperbole, quit with the baseless speculation, and wait for the results of Outlands release to speak for themselves. If faction imbalance does become a threat to the health of the server you can be certain Warmane will find a quick and effective solution to the problem. Do you really think they'd just let their new server-baby die after all this hype and apparently years of work on the back end? That is the aforementioned common sense most of you seem to be missing.

As for a serious solution to the hypothetical situation raining the sky down in this thread - my previous statement was half that: simply institute a faction lock IF one side does become grossly overpopulated. Allow the bypass of the faction lock for a coin fee to discourage all those but the most dedicated to their realm and allow temporary free 1-way faction transfers to the underrepresented faction. Problem solved. Server saved. Relax.

13. What is the "nature" of this server that you cant compare it to any other tbc pserver server out there, i really wanna hear this.

And again, no one is creating panic. People are bringing up an issue that EVERY other tbc pserver had. Every one of them. How can you say this is baseless speculation where its exactly the opposite as we are basing this issue not only on other pserver but even on retail.

14. The Alliance was pretty funked PVP-wise during TBC and Vanilla due to the lack of Every Man for Himself. So none of this is surprising.

15. I agree, if you want to test stuff you must roll Horde, the faction ratio is pretty bad. Hopefully this won't go live.

First 123412 ... Last