1. Faction balance in retail was fine.

Faction balance on Icecrown is fine.

Population on Outlands will most likely be... just fine.

Enough with the undue speculation already. The server hasn't even opened and already you guys are *****ing about imaginary issues.
    You are wrong to compare the WotLK realms to a TBC realm. WotLK changed everything when it comes to faction balance. Every Man for Himself was added which made Humans a viable option to PvP. Prior to that, most PvPers used Undeads and Blood elves when possible. The Alliance had almost no viable PvP perks. This is why you just can't compare the two expansions. When I think of TBC, I never think of the Alliance, albeit I played on a Normal server back in the days, so the faction imbalance wasn't that critical.

2. I just want to hear off someone from the top and see if they have addressed or at least seen this thread, and if so what is their plan for this?

3. The staff probably already knows and has plans about every issue we are discussing on the forums since they most probably played TBC when it was live so that is not to worry about.

4. Everyone I know is going UD/ORC. Population will be very very unbalanced, there is no speculation needed.

You could give me a free mount or 50,000 gold, I still won't roll an underpop faction with dog**** racials. Free mount is noob bait.

5. Everyone I know is going UD/ORC. Population will be very very unbalanced, there is no speculation needed.

You could give me a free mount or 50,000 gold, I still won't roll an underpop faction with dog**** racials. Free mount is noob bait.

And here lies the problem with why most servers die.

You get fools who wont play anything else for that marginal advantage, well enjoy that small bonus when you have nobody to play against and ruin yet another TBC server because people are *****s.

6. Will be funny for the ally make a premade 15ppl (because in tbc u can make premade 15 not as wotlk) and spamjoin bg bg bg bg meanwhile a premade horde has to wait 45 min.

7. You could give me a free mount or 50,000 gold, I still won't roll an underpop faction with dog**** racials. Free mount is noob bait.
    So what could Warmane do to attract more people to roll Ally? Offer ally 10% rep bonus? 10% honor bonus in BG?

8. So what could Warmane do to attract more people to roll Ally? Offer ally 10% rep bonus? 10% honor bonus in BG?
    No queue for alliance, Lower coin cost, Bonus honor - Arena points, unlimited free respecs, free epic flying, no key requirements on heroics... Free faction transfer horde -> Alliance. Plenty of things you could do in the event of uneven factions some more out there than others admittedly!

I'm leaning heavily on rolling alliance simply because of how many noobs I will be able to hunt down in the world.. And also who wouldn't want instant BG queues? The win ratio wont be that bad either.

I just thought of something else also.. If it got so bad they could even allow the alliance to join horde raids cross faction (I know most people will hate this idea but it would help) But all this is just wild speculation lets just seee!

WTB release date :(

9. And here lies the problem with why most servers die.

You get fools who wont play anything else for that marginal advantage, well enjoy that small bonus when you have nobody to play against and ruin yet another TBC server because people are *****s.
    A bit dramatic. If it could really kill the server, then it wouldn't be the players fault. It would be the developers fault for not addressing it and letting their server die (won't happen).

Will be funny for the ally make a premade 15ppl (because in tbc u can make premade 15 not as wotlk) and spamjoin bg bg bg bg meanwhile a premade horde has to wait 45 min.
    I'm sure there will be ally premades with instant queues. But I expect the server pop to be capped, so even with a thousand more players on horde the queues for AV will be tolerable.

I'm leaning heavily on rolling alliance simply because of how many noobs I will be able to hunt down in the world.. And also who wouldn't want instant BG queues? The win ratio wont be that bad either.
    I had the same thought when I rolled a severely underpop faction recently, there was a lot of things I didn't realize. Horde camped active pve dungeon entrances / zones in groups of 20 when their queues were long.

-Harder to world pvp, always another horde behind a tree.
    -Get ganked more, more pop = more gankers.
    -Avoid STV.
    -Less active economy (this one is huge).
    -Longer waits for pve content.
    -Can't contest the gold farm spots.
    -Worse pvp racials.
    -Outnumbered consistently in bgs during lower pop times.

The list goes on, but you get the Idea. 15 minute queues is NOTHING compared to all the cons of being outnumbered by a 1000 players. Its not up to the players to gimp themselves, its up to the devs to tackle the issue.
    Edited: April 20, 2017

10. -Outnumbered consistently in bgs during lower pop times.
    This is bad battleground coding that lets people in withouth a proper check that other faction has joined too or lets people jump from one bg to other.

11. For sure me and my friends will roll into the Alliance, i was horde in tbc and now we want to change.

But im only afraid by 1 thing: Camping in dungeon entry is ok, camping while leveling is also ok, winning bgs with low ppl is ****ing AMAZING. But the only problem i see is in the isle of Quel Danas. ¿What happen with shattered sun dailies? Even if mobs respawn faster, it will be tons of hordes doing their dailies and its probably you´ll be dead 24/7.
    If you are rogue or a class with some scape i can handle it, but what about being class with no scape. F.E. shaman, and you are against 5 hordes? It will be really hard to make a few dailies.

Just my point, my party will roll alliance anyway. ¿What do you think about?

12. They could just put a lock on creating a Horde unless there are the same numbers of allianze players :D. I would be okay with it.

13. In ptr there is a ratio of 3.5:1 sometimes 4:1 horde:ally, ok it's the ptr, but when the live server will be released the ratio will be almost the same.

With this ratio on an estimated population of 10k, 3-4k are going to ally 6-7k on horde....

14. Then you need to do the same on Icecrown which suffers from the very thing people QQ about here (Alliance outshining the Horde). WHERE are your voices about this issue on Icecrown? If you shall do anything about the factions in TBC, do the same on Icecrown.
    Besides, even if it gets unbalanced it will just be something to keep in mind: Powerful racials and 2h+ long BG queues on one hand or the other way around.

15. Then you need to do the same on Icecrown which suffers from the very thing people QQ about here (Alliance outshining the Horde). WHERE are your voices about this issue on Icecrown? If you shall do anything about the factions in TBC, do the same on Icecrown.
    Besides, even if it gets unbalanced it will just be something to keep in mind: Powerful racials and 2h+ long BG queues on one hand or the other way around.
    that's the point.

Is it better stay 30-40 min in queue for a bg for have a fukin will of the forsaken, or stay 1 min in queue and have stoneform/escape of artist? I know that in EVERY single videos on youtube of WoW pvp TBC there are only unded undead and undead, undead mage undead rogue undead priest undead war. I prefere to lose a racial and spamjoin bg whenever i want insted spent 70% of my time in a queue.

First 1234513 ... Last