1. There has been quite a lot of nice suggestions mentioned in this post (free respecs, free riding skills etc. or even adding wotlk racials to alliance here and many more)
    I can tell you right now we're not going to "bribe" people into going to a faction in any way like that. The most I could see being done is offering free faction transfers to balance things out as we have done in the past. I suppose closing character creation for one side could be considered if the situation was absurdly dire, although it's something we've never done, so even that might not be on the board. But "bribes" are off, rest assured.

2. (adding wotlk racials)
    Whoever suggested this idea is a chicken**** ******. How the mother**** will that solve ****, seems like it would **** up **** more than it's supposed to fix.

#LetTBCbeTBC
    Edited: April 20, 2017 Reason: <Error 404: Reason not found>

3. That came well after TBC bro... get your facts str8
    You are actually incorrect.

Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22):
    For the first time in the history of World of Warcraft, you will be able to face off against players from other realms in the Battlegrounds. PvP Battlegrounds link Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch, and Arathi Basin so that players from several realms will be combined into one huge matchmaking pool. Replenish your mana, sharpen your blades, and get ready for some brand-new challengers!

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Battleground

Anyways, besides from that, to two people who replied to me.

1.) Blizzard didn't experience Faction Imbalances not because they had cross-realm BGs, but I believe, because they had free faction transfer from highly populated faction to the other.

2.) Applying the same logic from Nirishdote, I guess Lordaeron and Icecrown server gets to have some racial revamp; porting the Legion racial to WotLK servers because looking at top rated Arena teams every season, it is clear there is an imbalance. Don't start with bull**** argument of "oh, no man, we get less resilience and it was balanced in retail too"

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59752/e...mself#comments

4. You are actually incorrect.

Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22):
    For the first time in the history of World of Warcraft, you will be able to face off against players from other realms in the Battlegrounds. PvP Battlegrounds link Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch, and Arathi Basin so that players from several realms will be combined into one huge matchmaking pool. Replenish your mana, sharpen your blades, and get ready for some brand-new challengers!

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Battleground

1.) Blizzard didn't experience Faction Imbalances not because they had cross-realm BGs, but I believe, because they had free faction transfer from highly populated faction to the other.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59752/e...mself#comments
    faction transfers on retail come later on in WOTLK.also you was unable to have ally and horde char on same realm.just so you know at the start of WOTLK i had horde char and had to delete it so i reroll alliance.later on since i wanted to go back horde had to delete the ally one and make ticket to GM to restore my horde char.

They never had BG problems because battlegroups was around 15-20 servers.thats tons of players.also since there was no transfer, game was still new people was sticking with whatever they rolled first.back then multyclassing and multyfaction was simple not existing.however NOW we have c way clear view of how the game works when we make our class/faction picks :D

BTW since faction transfer exist almost all of high populated realms are dominated by 1 faction.
    Edited: April 20, 2017

5. faction transfers on retail come later on in WOTLK.also you was unable to have ally and horde char on same realm.just so you know at the start of WOTLK i had horde char and had to delete it so i reroll alliance.later on since i wanted to go back horde had to delete the ally one and make ticket to GM to restore my horde char.
    It is correct that faction transfer was implemented later on WotLK.

You are incorrect on "not being able to have characters of two factions in one server". The restriction was only for PvP servers and it was lifted after they implemented faction transfer system.

Source : https://www.engadget.com/2009/08/04/...ntly-disabled/

6. They never had BG problems because battlegroups was around 15-20 servers.thats tons of players.also since there was no transfer, game was still new people was sticking with whatever they rolled first.back then multyclassing and multyfaction was simple not existing.however NOW we have clear way clear view of how the game works.
    Well, again, applying same logic to WotLK servers:

NOW after 7 years the WotLK has been discontinued, we have clear way clear view of how the game works, so the racials on WotLK servers has to be revamped/reworked too. Lol. No.

Let WotLK be what it was, and let TBC be what it was.

A GOOD way of approaching this is what Hellfire did with their TBC realm : Faction Queue system so there can't be more than X numbers of players from a faction; forcing players to play the other faction. But, according to my personal experience, this is not what Warmane envisions; they do not FORCE players to play something that they don't wish to play.

So, I guess come up with something that doesn't alter the TBC game-play, or stay sit.

7. It is correct that faction transfer was implemented later on WotLK.

You are incorrect on "not being able to have characters of two factions in one server". The restriction was only for PvP servers and it was lifted after they implemented faction transfer system.

Source : https://www.engadget.com/2009/08/04/...ntly-disabled/
    i have always played on PVP realms + the majority of WOW population have always been on PVP realms.warmane will be also PVP realm.as for RP and Normal i have no clue about them since i never played on one.
    But my point stand there was no Faction transfers back in the days of TBC.
    Edited: April 21, 2017

8. I want to play Alliance so badly and I hope I can level an Ally char. The player base should think the healthy future of this server. We should start a poll to see how the population balance is gonna be before it is late. Think about it, even though I want to play a nelf so much, why would I experience the leveling and world pvping as a nightmare? How can I love to play if I am gonna be camped by 5+ hordes everywhere while questing, farming materials, summoning ppl to dungeons?

There should be a poll ( I dont know who is gonna start it, if its warmane itself or players. But it would be great if warmane decides to do a poll to take an action before the faction imbalance being absurdly horrible... ) Bribing people to play as Alliance may not be a good approach to this situation but waiting to see what will happen till a month passed with launch is not a good approach, too... We all see and know there will be issues so waiting is waste of time. Taking precautions like stating a maximum ratio for horde side might be a thing. %60 Horde and %40 alliance is a great ratio... After horde reaching to %60, the character creation can be closed etc.

That may seem harsh but if we do not take steps by now, the consequences will be worse. Does it matter to change things after a disadvantaged side suffered much?

9. I can tell you right now we're not going to "bribe" people into going to a faction in any way like that. The most I could see being done is offering free faction transfers to balance things out as we have done in the past. I suppose closing character creation for one side could be considered if the situation was absurdly dire, although it's something we've never done, so even that might not be on the board. But "bribes" are off, rest assured.
    Well we finally got reply from a Moderator (thank you) so this is pretty much /THREAD
    We gotta wait and see how it plays out, thumbs up for anyone rolling Alliance.

...but waiting to see what will happen till a month passed with launch is not a good approach, too..
    That might be adressed in the modified greentext message you get when first logging new character "blabla welcome to Warmane, note our ratio is currently X:Y, you may reconsider blablalba" that way you let know even lazy people not reading up forums. I guess. well whatever, as above :)

10. Non-gameplay altering solutions:

1. Faction Queue - When the current online faction ratio exceeds 55/45, regardless of what total amount of players are online, then any players logging in with their account that has characters of the majority faction will be placed in a queue.

2. Seal of Blood for alliance paladins - To make ret viable.

3. Faction based arena season end rewards - Gladiator example: 10 000 total amount of teams, 0.5% of that = Top 50 teams. Make it Top 25 teams of each faction instead(you compete only against your own faction for arena titles/rewards).

Pros:

1. Will ensure balanced faction, can provide for more income by letting people donate to skip faction queue.

2. Makes ret paladins viable for both factions.

3. Guarantees a more even distribution of pvpers across both factions, knowing that both factions will have an equal number of arena titles/rewards.

Cons:

1. Could make people angry because they have to queue, could lead to more "poor" players on alliance while those who donated are horde.

2. RP

3. The faction that has more active pvpers will have a bit more competition for titles/rewards, and the faction with less pvpers will have less competition.

11. Well the mentality amongst people seems to be we shall let TBC be TBC. So just pull out the old dirty deeds book and abuse all the things blizzard never arsed themselves to fix until Wotkj. :P

12. Non-gameplay altering solutions:

1. Faction Queue - When the current online faction ratio exceeds 55/45, regardless of what total amount of players are online, then any players logging in with their account that has characters of the majority faction will be placed in a queue.

2. Seal of Blood for alliance paladins - To make ret viable.

3. Faction based arena season end rewards - Gladiator example: 10 000 total amount of teams, 0.5% of that = Top 50 teams. Make it Top 25 teams of each faction instead(you compete only against your own faction for arena titles/rewards).

Pros:

1. Will ensure balanced faction, can provide for more income by letting people donate to skip faction queue.

2. Makes ret paladins viable for both factions.

3. Guarantees a more even distribution of pvpers across both factions, knowing that both factions will have an equal number of arena titles/rewards.

Cons:

1. Could make people angry because they have to queue, could lead to more "poor" players on alliance while those who donated are horde.

2. RP

3. The faction that has more active pvpers will have a bit more competition for titles/rewards, and the faction with less pvpers will have less competition.
    faction queue can work out.SOB for ally.......following that logic lets give mages fear and warriors ice block.
    as forGladiator title is not fair at all.why will 1.8k rating ally team have same title as 2.5k hode team...also as far as i know warmane PVP rewards was never been retail like( 0.5%) gladiator and so on.

13. faction queue can work out.SOB for ally.......following that logic lets give mages fear and warriors ice block.
    as forGladiator title is not fair at all.why will 1.8k rating ally team have same title as 2.5k hode team...also as far as i know warmane PVP rewards was never been retail like( 0.5%) gladiator and so on.
    That will literally never be the case, with enough teams playing(which there definitely will be), it would at most be a 50-150 rating difference. Which doesn't mean the alliance team is less skilled, could just be that because of the racials, there's an offset of about that much rating between an equally skilled alliance/horde comp... Of course this isn't the case with all arena comps, but for most comps it is.

But like you said. We don't know if they'll use blizzlike reward system.

14. Thing is there doesn't have to be a faction imbalance though, just copy what Hellfire did and problem solved...

15. That will literally never be the case, with enough teams playing(which there definitely will be), it would at most be a 50-150 rating difference. Which doesn't mean the alliance team is less skilled, could just be that because of the racials, there's an offset of about that much rating between an equally skilled alliance/horde comp... Of course this isn't the case with all arena comps, but for most comps it is.

But like you said. We don't know if they'll use blizzlike reward system.
    just go check icecrown armory.top 10 teams all alliance.r1 Horde team is 213 rating behind r1 alliance. in top 100 only around 25 teams are horde and last one have 1835.so if we apply the rule you ask for and give top 25 alliance and horde players gladiator title, 1835 rating horde team will get gladiator over 2100 rating alliance team.....( for TBC will be the other way around tho)

First ... 3456715 ... Last