1. The joke is he actually plays alliance.

2. Will be more horde, just like it was on retail but since the avrage molten players is even worse than terrible, those racials wont matter till the very very tops of the arena play

3. Will be more horde, just like it was on retail but since the avrage molten players is even worse than terrible, those racials wont matter till the very very tops of the arena play
    No that's not true. I think you mean at the very very top of arena, wotf will be so broken that games can be decided by who has the extra cleanse effect. I don't think it should be downplayed at all. It is simply the best pvp racial of any expansion with nothing even coming close.

It will always matter, especially in larger pvp stages, where fear is always being cast.

4. No that's not true. I think you mean at the very very top of arena, wotf will be so broken that games can be decided by who has the extra cleanse effect. I don't think it should be downplayed at all. It is simply the best pvp racial of any expansion with nothing even coming close.

It will always matter, especially in larger pvp stages, where fear is always being cast.
    lets not get to crazy with " every expansion" claims. since WOTLK Every Man for Himself have been extremly OP.also in MOP many players didnt even use trinkets since there was soo much CC in the game removing 1 almost didnt impact at all.the whole arena gameplay change into CC setups and burst in the CC window so orc become way better option then undead because of the bonus dmg they can give you for few sec.
    latest expansion PVP have change so much.healers can top HP bars in 1-2 sec just popping single CD.people become almost immortal unless they in stun.everyone have insane mobility so even if your partner is in fear you can run away and stay alive unless you in stun.in last few expasions fear is definitely not even close as how strong it use to be in TBC,so only natural undead not so dominated race anymore.
    another factor is in TBC priest/warlock are simple dominating classes in arena.later on almost all classes become just as good as them and just as played.
    Edited: April 29, 2017

5. Skooby, I'm pretty sure WotF doesn't share CD with pvp trinkets. Which is why it is so absurdly strong in this expansion.
    Meanwhile, the vast majority, if not all, of Wrath servers are hosted on 3.3.5+. Thus, you largely don't see this on Wrath servers.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Will_of_the_Forsaken
    WotLK Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Now shares a 45-second cooldown with similar effects, including the [Medallion of the Horde], Titan-Forged runes, [Insignia of the Horde], etc.

6. Skooby, I'm pretty sure WotF doesn't share CD with pvp trinkets. Which is why it is so absurdly strong in this expansion.
    Meanwhile, the vast majority, if not all, of Wrath servers are hosted on 3.3.5+. Thus, you largely don't see this on Wrath servers.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Will_of_the_Forsaken
    WotLK Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Now shares a 45-second cooldown with similar effects, including the [Medallion of the Horde], Titan-Forged runes, [Insignia of the Horde], etc.
    i actually played undead mage in WOTLK on retail since expansion release, but this was so long ago that i dont remember WOTF not sharing CD with trinkets,tho they seems to have neft it abit removed the immunity you gain from it in 3.0.2
    anyway yes my point was TBC by far is the expansion where WotF by far best PVP racial :D unless you warrior "D
    as you said its absurdly strong.
    Edited: April 29, 2017

7. May 10, 2017  
    I've played on multiple private TBC servers over the past few years, some of them with many thousand players. The faction unbalance was present on each one of them for a while, then it was either fixed or the server slowly and painfully died off. I personally would suggest preemptive actions, since it's much better to prevent disasters than rushing to attempt mitigating the damage caused by them.
    Edited: May 10, 2017 Reason: Link fix

8. May 10, 2017  
    It is sad though that so many will instantly play horde because of fear of faction unbalance (which I might add is highly increasead by the amount of people STATING SO CLEAR THAT HORDE ****S ALLIANCE, OMFG, UNDERSTAND IT) without trying first their ally char and waiting a bit to see how the server will progress and how people are doing...

I'm talking here about the normal player and about pvers since the ones with high arena goals and stuff like that are a different story(there racials matter the most). Casuals or those playing for fun won't "risk having their fun ruined" because of the rumors and the pvers won't suffer in 30 mins LFGs...

I think people should give Outland a fair chance in all aspects, without letting themselves be influenced by past experiences on other servers, for the good of the server they claimed to desire so much. Don't poison it from the start.-yea, hard to do I suppose.

9. May 10, 2017  
    The PTR already favors Horde 60/40 if not more.

Though I agree Alliance will get faster BG queues and can easily do premades. But that's about the only advantage they get. Pve, wpvp, economy, arena partners, all favor Horde.

10. May 10, 2017  
    The PTR does not really mean much, most of the people there afk in Shatrah or leave after they checked a few things about their spec.

11. May 11, 2017  
    population cap on horde and queue skip for donators pls

12. May 11, 2017  
    Hey guys,

I´ve just joined the community here, so little perspective from me as a new guy around ( not new to wow, I have played since patch 1.7 although missed Pandaria and Dreanor entirely).

So first things first, I always was rather PVE player, but always played my arena and BGs.

Regarding the racials - yes there are unbalanced but there is little to do and I would leave it as it is.
    Regarding the imbalance population - Huge issue, played on Drakthul EU which was mostly (and probably still is) Horde server. Also very big issue on private servers with high population.
    I dont give a single **** about being ganged during the leveling I mean common its 5x rate, it will take you like what a 2 weeks tops?
    Getting ganged during the summoning/farming is pain, when there is 3 times more Horde player than Alliance (I always played horde player thus I didnt mind much :D )
    Huge issue is with server economy, everything on Alliance will be overpriced and there will be very "limited" resources in auction and so on.
    Of course that will mean few individuals will profit highly from this.

I dont care about PVE (racial) imbalance I mean common, I highly doubt there will be full raid of elitist jerks (theorycraft geeks) who will set up everything, like drums in every group and whatever else. So simple racial will not affect the balance here
    That being said, if there will be population problem, Alliance will suffer, not from the racial imbalance but simply from not having enough players in a pool for Guilds and so on.

People will always follow the people, generally speaking If there will be more horde than alliance, more horde will follow.
    There will be exceptions like me and our guild which might contribute (very little) into this balancing thing by going Alliance.
    I would encourage more guilds to do the same.

At the end:
    I dont mind racial unbalanced... I mind the economy and accessibility of BGs/PVE content.
    Warmane should consider some actions.

Cheers

13. May 11, 2017  
    Honestly guys, come on. Any faction imbalance will be because of us, the players. What do you want the devs to do about it, regulate the realm around our hive mind? The majority of players will roll Horde for launch, I have no doubt about it. There will be more players leveling on Horde which will make it a pain for Alliance players. But that means that there will be more players doing dungeons while leveling on Horde as well, which could counteract the world PvP imbalance. There will be more high-end guilds doing any and all PvE content on Horde at max level than on Alliance, but then again, hasn't this always been the case in this game; Horde is for PvE and Alliance is for PvP? It's a well known stereotype.

Yes, the economy will be better on Horde because of the quantity of auctions of various resources on the Auction House. Horde will have a leg up for the majority on that while there will be those who will gladly roll Alliance to take advantage of supply and demand and make a lot of gold. It's up to you to decide which you'd prefer. As for the BG queues: I don't think it's going to be too much of an issue. For the first few weeks; sure. But players will be aware of all of this and choose their faction accordingly. Any imbalance will be our own fault. However: the playerbase tends to solve this on its own with time. The people who aren't bothered by the BG queue timers will stay Horde and the people who are will reroll Alliance or just roll Alliance from the start. In the end we'll solve this among ourselves. It's not a problem the devs can (nor should, in my opinion) fix.

tl;dr: tthere are pros and cons on both sides. Take your pick on which pros suits your playstyle the best.
    Edited: May 11, 2017 Reason: tl;dr

14. May 11, 2017  
    im going Alliance, so Horde can cry on BG que as much as they want, im not affected.

Dont go Horde if you dont want to sit in 40min BG's que and not beeing able to choose what BG que and get marks from. Alliance are the ones holding the Conducting baton.
    In the end it comes down to playerskill and game knowledge PVE or PVP. Racials are strong but not gamebreaking.

You could argue that wotf is to strong, or Orc racial. We play 2.4.3 BS weaponstun is nerfed, Stun mace rouge specc is nerfed. And wotf can be forced
    But ask a rouge about human racial. Or a druid and mage about gnomes breaking shatter and roots. Or a Dwarfs beeing rouge killers. Or the Night Elfs with free drink ticks in arena.
    Every racial in this game has its upside.

Faction imbalance is not a server problem its us the players.
    Edited: May 11, 2017

15. May 11, 2017  
    I think most of us just want the staff to be aware (which they are), and wait and see. The solution is as easy as faction transfers if its as bad as we expect it to be.

Let me play devil's advocate for a moment.

I don't think its up to the players to balance it, so someone else can play the race they wanted. Generally people do whats best for them, and in my experience a 55/45 ratio or an extra 1000 players is a huge advantage in nearly every aspect of the game. An extra 10minute wait for bgs is really a nice intermission, grab a coffee, a smoke, or read a few pages.

Some people will even go out of there way to unbalance the server within reason, it wouldn't be the first time. Why seek balance, when you can have an advantage in wpvp, lvling, econ, farm, and grouping?

Many people don't care about any of this, and will go horde simply because blood elves and undead are cool, and space goats and gnomes are not.
    Edited: May 11, 2017

First ... 91011121321 ... Last