1. Wotf isn't that much of advantage. Escape artist has a shorter cooldown and can be applied virtually anywhere.
    did you just compare fear with root?

2. did you just compare fear with root?
    Yeah because it can be used in hundreds of ways whereas wotf can be used against maybe 3 classes where really its main advantage is only against warlocks

3. Wotf is best for arena and Escape Artist for BGs/Duels. The reason people bang on about how OP horde racials are in PvP is because most people are talking about arena where they really matter in the top comps.

4. Im gonna repeat myself mainly because all of you are missing the point

Racials matter alot, but in an expac like TBC skills are the leading cause of someone to win a fight/bg/arena...you can have the top players playing draenei for all i care and they will still beat a team of orcs/undead of lesser skills...same goes bath ways...

Yeah racials play a part in PvP, but you need to be playing at a high level for them to determine the outcome of the match. And if you want to be competitive and win more at higher levels, you will have to min/max, as in choose the best race for certain class/combo...its that simple...

Also something to consider is meta. People don't min/max with undead because of all the survival hunters wyvern sting, and destro locks succubus. They roll undead because of every 3rd team in 2s is either comprised of a SL / SL warlock , or has a priest. Disc/rogue disc/mage sp/rogue sp/mage are one of the most popular 2s combos in 2.4.3, along with SL/SL +druid/rogue/mage even?/sp/disc ...
    People don't roll orc for the stun resist because of all those pesky ferals with their pounce, or destro with shadowfury. No, stun resist is awesome because every 3rd arena you fight a rogue or a warrior * which with the release of Stormherald has the chance to stun more than a rogue *.
    You see where im going right?

TL:DR Yeah racials make a difference but you should count in things like meta/your skill/your rating to reaally start complaining about it. WoW was never and will never be balanced in PvP, thats just how it is, but to roll UD just because of wotf when in many cases if you play better you will win either way is just LAZY.

5. Yeah because it can be used in hundreds of ways whereas wotf can be used against maybe 3 classes where really its main advantage is only against warlocks
    really hungreds of ways?who have root aside of druid/hunter/mage maybe shaman not sure about him tho?also in root you can still do stuff.rooting enemy healer dont mean he cant heal his partner for example.the classes you will be seeing 90% of the arena games are priest/warlock/warrior/rogue and druid.3 of them have fear,only 1 f them have root.
    Escape Artist is way better if you play warrior tho.
    Edited: April 24, 2017

6. STOP with the faction balance topics and just accept it already !!!

7. Yeah because it can be used in hundreds of ways whereas wotf can be used against maybe 3 classes where really its main advantage is only against warlocks
    A root doesn't stop a Rogue from getting off their Blind or a throw. A root doesn't stop a Priest from healing. A Root doesn't stop a Mage from polymorphing. Etc. Yes, more roots are available than fears. But roots are also much less effective than fears across the board. Roots only have a partial effect against some classes, not against most/all classes, and it only has a full effect against one class (Warrior). And that root effect is completed negated by that class' (Warrior) most viable arena partner (Paladin).

8. Druid ist the most viable Warrior partner

9. Not necessarily. Druid/Warrior is absolutely terrible against a mirror comp. It being the "best comp" makes it highly popular. In which case, the Paladin/Warrior comp gains strength. Viability does not equate to popularity, or vice versa.

10. A root doesn't stop a Rogue from getting off their Blind or a throw. A root doesn't stop a Priest from healing. A Root doesn't stop a Mage from polymorphing. Etc. Yes, more roots are available than fears. But roots are also much less effective than fears across the board. Roots only have a partial effect against some classes, not against most/all classes, and it only has a full effect against one class (Warrior). And that root effect is completed negated by that class' (Warrior) most viable arena partner (Paladin).
    What is the official stance from Warmane, anyway? I'm not sure I've read anything confirmed. An imbalance is almost guaranteed to occur... what then? Queue? Free transfers after everyone is already sick of the imbalance? Maybe I just didn't see the official stance but this thread is about 7 pages too long at this point. :P

11. Why should they make an official statement, when there is no problem (yet). Let them focus on bugs and so and stop crying about a "maybe future problem".

12. What is the official stance from Warmane, anyway?

Fifth page, top, Moderator reply:
    I can tell you right now we're not going to "bribe" people into going to a faction in any way like that. The most I could see being done is offering free faction transfers to balance things out as we have done in the past. I suppose closing character creation for one side could be considered if the situation was absurdly dire, although it's something we've never done, so even that might not be on the board. But "bribes" are off, rest assured.

13. Why should they make an official statement, when there is no problem (yet). Let them focus on bugs and so and stop crying about a "maybe future problem".
    Mostly its just an interesting discussion, with very little crying. We all know its a wait a see situation, but its best to be prepared for the worst.

A 40/60 ratio is very awful and leads to player decay. I just played a 45/55 server and the economies and AH listings were so different that I would not roll an underpop faction again.

If you think its the player's responsibility to balance the factions I encourage you to roll alliance, especially large guilds. I play during odd hours and can't really impact the prime time balance. My experience has been during low pop times the balance issues are more extreme, and i'm not doing that again.

14. really hungreds of ways?who have root aside of druid/hunter/mage maybe shaman not sure about him tho?also in root you can still do stuff.rooting enemy healer dont mean he cant heal his partner for example.the classes you will be seeing 90% of the arena games are priest/warlock/warrior/rogue and druid.3 of them have fear,only 1 f them have root.
    Escape Artist is way better if you play warrior tho.
    Hundreds of ways via getting out of movement speed reducing effects, If you're getting kited and out of range, you are useless. For example on a pillars map, I can use it to make a nice getaway behind a pillar or use it to finish a kill.
    Edited: April 24, 2017

First ... 67891018 ... Last