1. why is this not at the sticky "list of guides"?
    great info thanks man

2. 2h Weapon: Legacy
    Head: Demon Stalker Greathelm
    Neck: Choker of Vile Intent
    Shoulder: Beast Lord Mantle
    Back: Drape of the Dark Reavers
    Chest: Demon Stalker Harness
    Wrist: Stalker’s War Bands
    Hands: Gauntlets of Sniping
    Waist: Felstalker Belt
    Legs: Scaled Greaves of the Marksman
    Feet: Fiend Slayer Boots
    Ring 1: Ring of a Thousand Marks
    Ring 2: Garona’s Signet Ring
    Trinket 1: Dragonspine Trophy
    Trinket 2: Bloodlust Brooch
    Weapon: Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix

i found this as BIS list for t4.btw this blue shouders are really BIS far, better then t4.
    some people argue that Hourglass of the Unraveller is better trinket then bloodlust brooch, i think its personal option really i use the brooch myself.the gloves also dont exist atm on outlands so you cant get them.
    Edited: June 18, 2017

3. One more question

3 piece set from Leathrworking

Leather(Primalstrike - https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=29526) or Mail(Ebon - https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=29516)?

I think for raids is better mailset - mp5 win, and for dungeons etc... leather coz better burst?
    Iam right?

4. None of this is good.go felstalker set,yes its blue but is way better then this epics.i am actually about to replace my kara epic bracer/chest/belt with felstalker myself.the stats + set bonus are way too good to ignore.
    Edited: June 19, 2017

5. I added some editing for easier scrolling, copy/pasted a t4 bis list and added my own for T5, based on AEP for Hunters, the bis list is for BM hunters, obv survival will aim for max agility items and a lot of them cloud be leather, items with hit can lose a value if the items has 10 hit and u need only 4 hit till cap the AEP value is 4 and rest has 0 value so the items might be worst than an item with less or none hit, but it always better to be slightly above than not caped. Also there is a lot of weapon info in T5 section from the original forums. There isnt any ZA items, because for me it is like T5.5.
    Edited: June 23, 2017

6. Why don't u detail armor penetration on tbc ?

Nice job btw

7. I don't have any info about it but will try to find and add to the guild, just I think 1st items with ArP was in ZA.

Edit: I put some info about ArP too.
    Edit 2: Gems + Consumables added too
    Edited: June 27, 2017

8. Add: list for survival gear, its on other website, so its just a link, the site is still alive
    Add: Armor penetration calculator.

9. July 4, 2017  
    The only criticism I have here is that this isn't actually a guide, you've referenced a bunch of formulas and stat conversions which is useful in theorycrafting but there is no real guide here. I'm very well versed in TBC Warrior/Rogue from PVE gameplay perspective but quite lacking in Hunter and overall raid debuff knowledge, as a person looking to learn more I didn't really learn much here, much of what is here is not important to the layman and doesn't help with the core questions, which is generally what guides are for.

So I'll ask a few questions, basic rotation, scaling, macros etc.

1. In TBC it was very common for BM Hunters to use 3 second cast sequence steady shot macros, these specifically offset auto/steadyshots and limit how many steady shots you can cast compared to spamming it. Question is why? And is this worthwhile? If it is worthwhile then what is the thought/meaning behind this choice?

2. Serpent Sting / Scorpid Sting - What is the dps loss from using Scorpid for the 5% miss (avoidance for tank) debuff as apposed to using Serpent Sting? Specifically from a BM hunter perspective. Does this stack with the miss debuff from Boomkins?

3. Arcane Shot vs Steady Shot (BM) - Arcane Shot is more mana heavy, is there a point where it's dropped from the rotation occasionally or even entirely? Does Arcane Shot use link in with the 3sec cast sequence Steady Shot Macro rotation? What is the optimal use? Does it change with gear.

4. Immolation Trap - What is the general optimal use of this trap? It does a lot of damage for a single GCD, how does the scaling with gear work in the long run? Is it part of the core rotation on single target as Explosive Trap would be on AOE?

Gameplay is the most important aspect of performing well by a long way, but little to no gameplay elements are discussed or referenced here. I'm performing well on my hunter at the moment but i'm shooting in the dark and nothing is really very clear, I don't have the experience with the class to understand these things.
    Edited: July 4, 2017

10. July 4, 2017  
    The only criticism I have here is that this isn't actually a guide, you've referenced a bunch of formulas and stat conversions which is useful in theorycrafting but there is no real guide here.
    There are links to old EJ guides. Hunters in TBC are mostly spaming 1 macro in BM and 1 macro + 1-2 shots (arcane-multi) for rest of the specs. There are talent trees for endgame specs, section about gear/flasks, what else you need?

1. In TBC it was very common for BM Hunters to use 3 second cast sequence steady shot macros, these specifically offset auto/steadyshots and limit how many steady shots you can cast compared to spamming it. Question is why? And is this worthwhile? If it is worthwhile then what is the thought/meaning behind this choice?
    Go to shot rotation, but keep in mind 3:2 doesn't work on almost all private servers.

http://www.anybrowser.org/wow/survival_guide.html#shots

2. Serpent Sting / Scorpid Sting - What is the dps loss from using Scorpid for the 5% miss (avoidance for tank) debuff as apposed to using Serpent Sting? Specifically from a BM hunter perspective. Does this stack with the miss debuff from Boomkins?
    I think it stacks (it is rarely used) but hunters dont use stings outside PVP. It is waste of mana for almost no gain. Same goes for aimed shot, if you dont pull with MD, dont use it at all. It reset ur autoshot which mean after u fire an aimed you have to w8 2s (let say your auto shot speed is 2s) to fire an autoshot.

3. Arcane Shot vs Steady Shot (BM) - Arcane Shot is more mana heavy, is there a point where it's dropped from the rotation occasionally or even entirely? Does Arcane Shot use link in with the 3sec cast sequence Steady Shot Macro rotation? What is the optimal use? Does it change with gear.
    On lower patches there is arcane shot but on 2.4.3 you dont have to do it (if you dont move ofc). BM is just the macro spam.

4. Immolation Trap - What is the general optimal use of this trap? It does a lot of damage for a single GCD, how does the scaling with gear work in the long run? Is it part of the core rotation on single target as Explosive Trap would be on AOE?
    This trap is useless. I don't even have it on my bar. Going in to trap something you waste time to walk, so no autoshots and shots outside arcane. Also you need again to go back at 5yd range.

Gameplay is the most important aspect of performing well by a long way, but little to no gameplay elements are discussed or referenced here. I'm performing well on my hunter at the moment but i'm shooting in the dark and nothing is really very clear, I don't have the experience with the class to understand these things.
    If you are BM - stick to the macro, make it with ur mouse scroll or something and that is it. There is gear lists and everything. Use ravager on low gear and then switch to wind serpent and dont use is on autocast, put the pet ability into ur macro. Sometimes the pet will go slightly back to cast it and then go back in which is waste of time and dps.

11. July 4, 2017  
    The link - http://www.anybrowser.org/wow/survival_guide.html#shots - Was very helpful and this is the kinda stuff the guide could use, detailed information on how to play and why choices are made. Could you integrate some of the extra information here into your guide for future players? The problem with the Elitist Jerks stuff is that it's a discussion taking place over multiple patches over the space of over a year, hundreds of pages and not all of it is still available.

There are talent trees for endgame specs, section about gear/flasks, what else you need?
    A basic talent tree guideline is good but explaining why certain talents are/aren't chosen or why they are good/bad is better so the player understands the choices, rather than blindly following the spec and not understanding each element. Gear lists are not all that useful aside from detailing specific items (special trinkets like Dragonspine), and flasks are fairly obvious.

None of this is as important as mastering how to play, and understanding why you're doing what you're doing. A good player can have all the wrong gear choices and do more damage than someone who doesn't know how to play properly, which is why I'm here asking the questions.. I like mastering gameplay and as you see there are a lot of things I don't understand at all.

About the Macro, it's not in the Macro section of your guide, but I did find this one which is what I've been using.

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot
    /castrandom [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
    I still don't understand the interaction between Steady Shot and Autoshot or why this is needed, does Steady Shot delay the Auto Shot or something? I'm not seeing that with my swingtimer addon, at least not in an obvious way. If there is an interaction then shouldn't this macro change based on weapon attack speed? Since the syncronisation would be different depending on weapon speed/haste?

I just hit 70 so I'm still using Nessingwary gun (2.5 speed), which surely would mean something different from a 2.9 speed bow? Quite confused trying to figure this out, thanks for the help so far though.

12. July 4, 2017  
    agi gems vs AP gems? only real argument i see is that agi is great with kings.

13. July 4, 2017  
    agi gems vs AP gems? only real argument i see is that agi is great with kings.
    On very low gear AP is better for me, preraid gear etc. But once when you hit 1500+ ap I am switching to agility one.
    40 agi = 1% crit, with blue gems this are 5 gems (nonbuffed). More crit rating = more go for the throat procs, which lead to more pet dmg.

If we talk in numbers 1 agility = 1 aep, 1 ap = 0.43 aep. 1 agility gem = 8 aep, 1 ap gem is 6.88 aep, so the difference is rly small but it is there.

If you make 1k dps and have 10 gem slots.
    All with pure ap will be 160 bonus ap which is ~11 dps increase over nogems = 1011 dps
    If you have full agility you will have 80 ap ~5 dps increase from the ap + 2% dmg increase from the crit = 1025 dps increase

The bigger dps you make the bigger will be the benefit of the crit.

First 1234 Last