1. July 4, 2017  
    A basic talent tree guideline is good but explaining why certain talents are/aren't chosen or why they are good/bad is better so the player understands the choices, rather than blindly following the spec and not understanding each element. Gear lists are not all that useful aside from detailing specific items (special trinkets like Dragonspine), and flasks are fairly obvious.
    I have a flask section, Dragonspine is good because it give you a lot of bust and more attacks = more impr spect of the hawk procs+ more go for the throat procs. It decrease both autoattack time and steady shot time.
    I can add why I pick talent X over Y. Just some examples - I dont pick spirit bonds in raid, because it will cause threat and not every time I will have feign death to reset it. Improve revive pet - sometimes your pet will die, this rly will make your life better, not wasting 10s to revive it and save a lot of mana. Improve hunter's mark is fine but usually survival hunters pick it because hey are more about buffing the raid than BM hunters. With Efficienty you can stay slightly longer in Aspect of the hawk.

I like mastering gameplay and as you see there are a lot of things I don't understand at all.
    BM is about keeping ur pet alive, start using his commands follow/stay to remove it from the boss instead of just watching how it die.

About the Macro, it's not in the Macro section because all macros works different on private servers. So I don't have enough time to test all of them and I don't want to give a false info about this, because it is the biggest part of BM.

I still don't understand the interaction between Steady Shot and Autoshot or why this is needed, does Steady Shot delay the Auto Shot or something?
    http://web.archive.org/web/200807301...n_illustrated/

Global cd is 1.5s + steadyshot cast = 1.5s = 3s.
    Edited: July 4, 2017

2. July 5, 2017  
    The global cooldown of Steady Shot starts when you cast it, not at the end of the cast, so it's 1.5s not 3s. I'm asking why there is a 3 second cast sequence macro for a a spell that purposely lowers how many steady shots you would cast compared to spamming the ability without a macro.

Thanks for the link though, will take a look at it. I tried to get that page before and it showed offline.
    Edited: July 5, 2017

3. July 5, 2017  

4. July 5, 2017  
    The global cooldown of Steady Shot starts when you cast it, not at the end of the cast, so it's 1.5s not 3s. I'm asking why there is a 3 second cast sequence macro for a a spell that purposely lowers how many steady shots you would cast compared to spamming the ability without a macro.

Thanks for the link though, will take a look at it. I tried to get that page before and it showed offline.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200807040...llustrated/p3/

Edit:

When you build a 1:1 cast sequence macro you do set the timeout to be your weapon speed. This will not affect the macro when you are spamming it, it however is a good idea for any breaks.

The idea is this. If you stop firing and your auto shot goes off you want the macro to reset so that it starts with steady again. This is why you generally put the reset time to your weapon speed. "3" in those rotation macros has absolutely nothing to do with your attack speed. It meant that if you didnt use the macro in 3 seconds (or whatever you set it to), it would reset to just auto shooting. To discuss it in an example, let's assume that you're clearing some trash, and your Tank will be taking aggro from 2 mobs at once. You're using this macro:

#Showtooltip Steady Shot
    /castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, !Auto Shot
    /cast [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame: Clear()

You're happily firing away at the first mob, and it dies. You click your raid frame to take the Tanks next target immediately, and continue firing. Your macro did not have 3 seconds with which to reset, so it's going to fire either SS or Auto, depending on which shot was fired last.

You've achieved the exact same shot rotation as you would have had for a single mob which had twice the Health.

Now you change your macro. You set the reset timer to equal your Auto Shot speed. Same situation, 2 mobs on the tank. First mob dies, you again swap targets quickly using the raid frame. Again, your next shot will be the one next in the rotation. No change.

Now lets say that you're a little slow to swap targets, say 2.2 seconds while your macro is set to 1.9 seconds. So the macro resets and you fire a Steady first, while your last shot could have been either Steady or Auto. You've reset, and have 50% chance to have made a change in your shot rotation.

But my Steady and Auto are pretty much on par for damage. Steady does a little bit more on average, at the cost of some mana, but even over the course of an entire raid this isn't going to make a significant difference in my total damage output.
    Edited: July 5, 2017

5. July 5, 2017  
    Ahh see the macro is not working like that for me in game, it's simply autoshooting and casting a SS every 3 seconds with lots of empty GCDs, I also found the macro was occasionally causing a small delay in the autoshot when spammed even on single target. So I've reverted to just a basic /startattack + /cast steady shot macro which has eliminated any delay in autoshots entirely on a single target and the damage has increased.

So I think I'm gonna abandon these cast sequence macros and just do it this way.

6. July 5, 2017  
    A lot of Pservers have a problem with the macro. It is a known issuse.

7. I have 535 Agility unbuffed, with about 700 Agility fully buffed in a raid. What amount of Agility would be best for me to swap over to Survival in a 25 man raid environment? What would be the minimum amount of agility I would want? Also, have you done any testing with the pets on Warmane?

Your Pets section says only Ravagers and Wind Serpents. This is my Armory - https://armory.warmane.com/character...utland/profile - I'm pretty well geared and I've tested basically every pet I can test. I've had the best results with Wind Serpent and Raptors/Cats, and the worst with Ravagers. I'm usually in a group with a Enhance Shammy, Feral Druid, 1-2 Warriors, and sometimes another Hunter.

What I've noticed is that my Raptor's Claw/Bite are doing more combined damage than Lightning Breath from the Wind Serpent and Lightning Breath is being resisted pretty heavily (15-20+%) in Magtheridon's / Gruuls. The melee damage is similar, the Raptor edges out a bit. Another thing I've tested in a raid environment is that Ravager is simply the worst because the extra melee damage it is supposed to do combined with Gore and Bite don't beat out Lightning Breath or Claw/Bite. According to Cheeky's Spreadsheet with my gear and raid buffs, my WS is supposed to be doing 577.53 DPS, Raptor 530.42, Ravager 537.99. This however is usually not the case, especially between the Ravager and Raptor.

I made a thread regarding the Wind Serpent Lightning Breath resist because it seems to be resisting a bit too much. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=359947 Check it out. Lightning Breath should, on average, be resisted around 13% of the time. When I've been checking the resists and hits/crits after boss fights I'm getting %'s of 15-20%+ most of the time. Which makes it believable that my Raptor beats out my Wind Serpent sometimes because if my Wind Serpent resists too much it's damage goes does pretty significantly over a longer boss fight.

Testing on Dummy's is kind of irrelevant because the different pets do more damage depending on buffs / debuffs on the boss so I was just wondering if you or anyone else has done any similar testing on these 3 types of pets and what kind of data you guys have collected?

I tested on the Dummy's just to see the avg Melee and Special Ability dmgs and these were the results (scroll to the bottom of the page to see the other images in the collection): Ravager [ https://gyazo.com/1bed15a36267f8e5fb58c7711086d079 ], Raptor [ https://gyazo.com/85104f721ad04b8ecff468605517c84a ], and Wind Serpent [ https://gyazo.com/18b5b009680cf672e0b54a6aab132000 ]. I simply put on Auto Shot and let the pet just auto until around 195k combined total damage done. As you can see the resists on the Wind Serpent are about 10% higher than they should be. In a real fight with raid buffs, target debuffs, focus generation, Wind Serpent should be the clear winner over the other 2 types of pets. However, with the way Lightning Breath is being overly resisted, Raptor comes out slightly better. Even more so when you have Curse of Recklessness up on the target.

Also, what do you think of Drums of War (60 ap 30 sp) vs Drums of Battle (80 haste) and why?
    Edited: July 15, 2017

8. Drums of Battle (80 Haste) because the item budget is more than double (equal comparison would be 160ap vs 80 haste), and because drums are a group buff, even if you don't value Haste as much the rest of the group gains.

9. Around 600-650 Agi >Unbuffed< to be worth

10. I

I tested on the Dummy's just to see the avg Melee and Special Ability dmgs and these were the results (scroll to the bottom of the page to see the other images in the collection): Ravager [ https://gyazo.com/1bed15a36267f8e5fb58c7711086d079 ], Raptor [ https://gyazo.com/85104f721ad04b8ecff468605517c84a ], and Wind Serpent [ https://gyazo.com/18b5b009680cf672e0b54a6aab132000 ]. I simply put on Auto Shot and let the pet just auto until around 195k combined total damage done. As you can see the resists on the Wind Serpent are about 10% higher than they should be. In a real fight with raid buffs, target debuffs, focus generation, Wind Serpent should be the clear winner over the other 2 types of pets. However, with the way Lightning Breath is being overly resisted, Raptor comes out slightly better. Even more so when you have Curse of Recklessness up on the target.

Also, what do you think of Drums of War (60 ap 30 sp) vs Drums of Battle (80 haste) and why?
    EDIT

Mish Mashed LB with claw. forget it

11. 60 ap vs 80 haste.

From hunter perspective 90 ap = 25.8 AEP, 80 hate = 40 AEP. So 80 haste is 35% better than 60 ap.

About the pet, all of the stuff are based on the threads/infos from retail or based on my exp. If the pet doesn't work like retail, then there will be a difference.

WS can be lower dmg if you have low crit chance. Lighting req 50 focus while claw/gore req 25f. With higher crit chance you will have more procs and focus return.

Claw is 54-76 dmg - average is 65 dmg
    Gore is 37-61 dmg but has a chance to do 50% more dmg. Average is 49 dmg but with 50% chance it is 73.5, so 50% of the time it would be better than claw, may be you are just unlucky.
    Lets say you have 20% crit
    Claw - 6500*1.2 = 7800 dmg (1.5s cd) = 7800/150 = 52 dps
    Gore - 4900*1.2 = 5880 * 1.5 (50% dmg inc) = 8820 /150 = 58.8 dps

Are you sure both pets have same attack speed?

Keep in mind only WS only benefit from gear.

For 100 claws without crit you will do 6500 dmg /150 = 43 dps
    For 50 LB (it req 2x focus) you will do 106 average dmg = 5300 dmg but it scale with ap with lets say 1500 ap you will have 106 + (1500*0.125*0.4286)= 106+ 80.36 = 186 dmg *50 = 9300 dmg /150 = 62 dps

Also it depend on the boss with high nature resist LB could be worse and claw/gore are affected by armor buff/debuffs.

Edit I just read that Bosses after vanilla dont have any resistance.

12. Yes, both pets had the same attack speed with Cobra Reflexes, I just simply auto shotted and let the pet do dmg until I was around 195k-200k total damage with auto shots + my pets dmg. The main thing you can see in the pictures though, especially between the Ravager and the Raptor is that the average melee damage is almost exactly the same. The main difference comes from the Gore vs Claw damage. The Raptor did 5 less instances of Claw and still beat out the dmg of Gore by almost 8k.

According to the way the abilities should work, the damage they do, the 50% chance, etc. Ravager should be better than Raptor in theory. But if you look at the pictures and compare Claw and Gore, the damage isn't very close at all. Claw even had 6 more misses and 1 less dodge than Gore and it still beat it out by so much. The thing that is really concerning though, is this is simply auto shotting. When you combine raid buffs, popping cds, target debuffs, etc. Gore and Claw are not even close to being comparable in damage, even though they should be.

Also, I'm pretty sure the amount that Lightning Breath is resisting is not retail-like as well because I'm constantly checking the resist percentage after boss fights/attempts/heroics and I'm constantly arriving at 20-25% instead of the intended percentage of around 13%.

I'm also rolling with 27% crit unbuffed, and around 34% crit in a raid.

13. I know that BM is the best class but I really like survival. Survival was one of my first class I picked In MOP and it was really fun. Please let me know if survival is worth going for in tbc. Thanks

14. It is you just need above 600 agility to have a raid spot.

15. Can someone give me a TL;DR for the best Hunter Pet on Outland (T4/T5) ? Too lazy to read through all of these wall of texts.

First 1234 Last