1. So what's your source that makes you extract "totems and pets" out of a line in the General patch notes saying "Health values appear on targets; mobs, boss, NPC, or player (regardless of group or faction)"? What are these "boss" totems and pets?

2. I have to agree with Arnisgd, he is right. I just came back from TBC fun server and I can see others HP values in numbers, not in percentages. Same settings, it is a server side for sure.

3. I have to agree with Arnisgd, he is right. I just came back from TBC fun server and I can see others HP values in numbers, not in percentages. Same settings, it is a server side for sure.
    It could be a custom feature or custom client. Mentioning other servers is as valid as saying you come from one that has a maximum level of 255, so that's proof anything lower is wrong. Fact is, it being something in the client or in the server is irrelevant, as having it show a percentage is the correct way for it to work. As far as patch notes go, this came officially in a later version.
    Unless you consider pets are bosses, of course.

4. My proof is that I clearly remember that I was using numeric values instead of percentages form 2.3 patch with no addons to see player health values in arenas. And it was not in a private server.

And by the way if we are so strict to the words of the patch notes, lets be then...

Yes those option were added in patch 2.3, it will let you see health in numbers for your target, in but only targets that are your group. The patch note is simply vague/simplified.
    There is nowhere said that its only for targets in your group. lets check again.

"There are now options for displaying health and mana values on your health/mana bars for you/your party/your target and to display that information either as percentages or as numbers. "

Is it me or does it clearly says your target? and definitely does not restrict it to a target in your group only.

Any way even if I am wrong why canit we just have it, sure it will be custom, but not as the dual talents witch i've heard is going to be a custom feature.
    Edited: April 19, 2017

5. Anecdotal evidence, then.
    We'll be waiting if you get more than that.

6. Read the full post please before starting insulting people. Same is for your statement, prove please, as moltene never ever proves anything same as in bug tracker, they just dismisses stuff and creates bunch of thought of bug fixes, that they think is "works as it should" and this or similar line is all the proof you will ever get.

7. Read the full post please before starting insulting people. Same is for your statement, prove please, as moltene never ever proves anything same as in bug tracker, they just dismisses stuff and creates bunch of thought of bug fixes, that they think is "works as it should" and this or similar line is all the proof you will ever get.
    If you feel insulted when you provide no evidence beyond "I remember" and can't counter a very clear patch update line, then get called out on that, the issue is on your end, not mine. Also, editing your post minutes after mine and then telling me to "read the full post" has at most comical value.

You're missing the point that this is our home. We don't have to prove to you we're correct - we're not doing guesswork, research is done, sources are checked. If you want to say we're incorrect, you're the one who has to give solid evidence of where exactly we're wrong. Your memory and a vague update line that you're interpreting to favor your point of view, and which doesn't disproves a much more specific one, don't have any firm ground to them.

Lastly, the fact we might be considering a site-based form of dual talent isn't an opening for "since you're doing this, do that." We decide what "extras" might be added, and this isn't one of them.

8. http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...-numbers-addon

Look at the reply from a user called 'Magie' and then at the replies that follow that.

9. It could be a custom feature or custom client. Mentioning other servers is as valid as saying you come from one that has a maximum level of 255, so that's proof anything lower is wrong. Fact is, it being something in the client or in the server is irrelevant, as having it show a percentage is the correct way for it to work. As far as patch notes go, this came officially in a later version.
    Unless you consider pets are bosses, of course.
    Fun server doesn't always mean max. 255 level, it was just instant level 70, kinda just like you have now here. But back to the point, all I am saying is that I played a lot on private 2.4.3 servers and they all had this in common (enemy player's HP in numbers). Maybe it is a custom thing like you are saying, maybe not, can't prove it, how it really worked on official servers 10 years ago. Why don't you just do a vote poll and let the people decide, what they want instead of arguing who is right.

10. Fun server doesn't always mean max. 255 level, it was just instant level 70, kinda just like you have now here. But back to the point, all I am saying is that I played a lot on private 2.4.3 servers and they all had this in common (enemy player's HP in numbers). Maybe it is a custom thing like you are saying, maybe not, can't prove it, how it really worked on official servers 10 years ago. Why don't you just do a vote poll and let the people decide, what they want instead of arguing who is right.
    Try reading Karwa's link above, then tell me all of the people there are wrong, but the single guy who in the end admits he used add-ons and that the values he got weren't even always accurate, sometimes still showing percentages instead (even if he will swear he had add-ons disabled). And we don't do a vote poll because it's not up to the players to decide. It has already been decided it will work as it did on retail.

11. My proof is that I clearly remember
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but this is not how things work around here. What you may or may not remember is in your mind, and we have no evidence that you've even played retail at all. Much less expect that your memory of such specific details of content that was live on retail 10 years ago is accurate. Nevermind that we have a very large amount of evidence that contradicts your "memory".
    If you can't provide any real, tangible evidence, then we cannot do anything but dismiss what you have to say. That's all there is to it. You may not like it, but that's how things are.

Next up, we'll have someone insisting that they've played on Warmane for 11 years, and that their memory trumps all of our evidence that says otherwise.
    Wait, people already do that.

If you want to see actual flat numbers and not percentages, get the addon as mentioned previously in the thread. If you want to try and convince us to change this on the server-side (if that is even a thing), then provide real evidence of it, and not "I remember".

Thank you.
    Have a nice day.

12. Soooo... is there any addon that WILL display ENEMY PLAYERS hp values in numbers or i have to get used to %?

13. There are. Use mobinfo. Simple.

14. @karwa nope that addon doesnt do what i want. I still see stupid 100% at the health bar

15. http://imgur.com/a/bNFgN

This screen is from another TBC server i took today,there is 0 addons in use.

Now i am not gonna argue if it retail like or not,my point is that even if its custom future it can be done and have been done before.The question now is will you guys try to make exact value on Outland realm or not.
    Edited: April 20, 2017

First 123 Last