1. Gearing a Fresh 80 Disc Priest PvE

Hello Warmane's Priests!

I don't play the expansion 3.3.5a since a long time ago... So I have some doubts about how to gear proggresively my priest for PvE.
    I like Disc Priest in PvE, I have experience with it and I ♥ it. I don't have intentions on going Holy or Shadow.

Of course I know that the final goal is having the Sanctified Crimson Acolyte gear, and all ICC /Wyrmrest Temple Items. But in order to be in an ICC raid I need to have certain GS with previous items, and that's the thing I can't remember at all (and ceirtanly I cant raid or heal with a greenie set).

My proffessions are Tailoring and Jewelcrafting, both 450 but only trainer recipes (except for 4 in JC), could some items of that proffessions be helpful in order to have better GS for an ICC raid?

I need someone who can explain to me which raids I have to go to collect gear, proggresively or which items I can craft.

Another question will be: I had Val'anyr a few years ago, mixed with my ICC gear because of the Blessing of the Ancient Kings bonus.
    I sacrificed an important amount of stats for having an extra 'shield' besides the class skills and the bubble itself, and it worked. but I never knew if I was being reckless replacing my Terenas' Scepter for that legendary mace.

Did someone used it before with ICC gear? It is good or a very ****ty decision for a Disc Priest?

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips or answers.

2. Hey there and welcome :)

If you have no money, I would recommend you to start off with some reputation farm. Wyrmrest Accord and Kirin Thor have some good casting gear to start with, and the quests provide you with some money as well.
    You can start grinding gear with doing some dungeons, and FoS-PoS farming. If you get lucky in FoS, PoS you can get a Battered Hilt, which starts a quest, what leads to a nice starting weapon :)
    ToC dungeon farm provides a really nice trinket to start with, Tears of the Vanquished.

If you have the courage and the confidence, can try to host your own Naxx runs, and that should be the fastest way to get geared.

Try to focus on getting decent gear to not to run out of mana easily during a fight. In need, gem intellect.

I think the 2 set bonus from t9 gear is pretty decent, so is the helm and shoulder from the triumph vendor.

You can grab the ICC recipes for Sandals of Consecration and Leggings of Woven Death (haste for the cap)/Lightweave Leggings (spirit for mana regen) depending on what you need.
    Though these recipes were quite expensive back when I started, and the mats are not easy to get.

And don't forget to check the AH for some cheap BOEs, like Stiffened Corpse Shoulderpads, Je'Tze's Bell.

If you have a lot of money to spend, you can get some ToC BOEs, or some more expensive ICC ones, like BQL chocker.

3. Nemmish,

Thank you a lot for your tips. I checked up and is really the best option.

Regards and PW:S ♥