1. Affliction Warlock - Looking for updated info.

I am new to Warmane, not new to Warlocks in MoP. I have played at high levels of arena and raiding as affliction.
    As anyone knows, coming to a new private server can be a bit of a challenge when it comes to finding recent information about a specific spec in regards to what works and what works correctly.

Moving on --- It seems like affliction is an unpopular spec here in MoP, I understand why as affliction requires a high skill cap in comparison to others. But one of the more recent posts I can find, in regards to Affliction bugs, was a large complaint with Agony dmg not stacking properly or doing the damage it did on retail. Has this been corrected or was a problem found? I am not geared enough to do the testing personally.

Is there any information a seasoned Warmane warlock can give me in regards to this spec?
    Does affliction still hold a competitive spot in arena?
    Are there any serious problems with the spec before I waste my very limited time gearing?

Thanks in advance!

2. I'm not a pro warlock by any means, but I have a full pride lock and compared the damages with the lock in this vid on dummies. It seems to do about the same damage as retail. Most of the high rate locks I see are affliction here. And yeah locks have a high skillcap so you will see less of them.

Also 3s is pretty much dead here so that may contribute to why you see less affliction locks.

https://youtu.be/jeI10XjdUSo?t=1m23s

3. Good deal my friend. Thank you the reply!

4. I am new to Warmane, not new to Warlocks in MoP. I have played at high levels of arena and raiding as affliction.
    As anyone knows, coming to a new private server can be a bit of a challenge when it comes to finding recent information about a specific spec in regards to what works and what works correctly.

Moving on --- It seems like affliction is an unpopular spec here in MoP, I understand why as affliction requires a high skill cap in comparison to others. But one of the more recent posts I can find, in regards to Affliction bugs, was a large complaint with Agony dmg not stacking properly or doing the damage it did on retail. Has this been corrected or was a problem found? I am not geared enough to do the testing personally.

Is there any information a seasoned Warmane warlock can give me in regards to this spec?
    Does affliction still hold a competitive spot in arena?
    Are there any serious problems with the spec before I waste my very limited time gearing?

Thanks in advance!
    The bug with agony was that it would start stacking at 5 stacks. This was, of course, broken, and has been fixed.

Affliction is working perfectly (to my knowledge). The reason you see so few is because many deem it to be a boring spec, and prefer the large burst playstyle of Destruction.

You won't be disappointed in any way gearing for Affliction, but if you do get bored of it, you can always use the same gear for Destruction and Demonology (with some changes in off-set pieces).

Best of luck with your gearing!

5. Thank you guys so much for the quick answers. Makes me feel welcomed :)

6. My main is an Affliction Warlock and for PvP is a viable spec due the recent fixes they made so if u find a good rshaman / moonkin / surv Hunter ( not so good comp but viable) u can compete for the 2s brackets since 3s is kinda dead. As for PvE and that is my case mostly aff is really good and I only go for Destruction for certains bosses that requires more AOE. It does alot of dps around 400k bit more bit less depending of the boss.