1. Power leveling

So, my question is, why is it against the rules to power level? So far this server is the only server I've seen with such a ridiculous rule (that's ban worthy as well). I haven't broken any rules and don't plan on it, but I just can't understand why such a rule exists.

2. you can boost a toon through level appropriate areas, that's not against the rules. what it refers to by power leveling is taking a low level toon to a high level zone and leveling them there.

3. I believe the only Power Leveling that is bannable is if you use tag-kill in dungeons. This was and still is bannable in retail.

You can't even take low level toon to a high level zone to level because you simply won't get XP if the mob is past certain level-range of the player.

All the other power leveling methods are fine afaik. As long as you don't do tag-kills, you're fine. Even if you do, you know the drill; just don't get caught.

4. I believe the only Power Leveling that is bannable is if you use tag-kill in dungeons. This was and still is bannable in retail.
    To my knowledge,power levelling is not a bannable offense on retail,as long as you're not paying for it in either irl money or in-game items/cash.

5. To my knowledge,power levelling is not a bannable offense on retail,as long as you're not paying for it in either irl money or in-game items/cash.
    Incorrect.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1622893088

"When he dinged world first 80, he did the tagging inside a dungeon (I think it was nexus). What he did was - party leader would kick him out of group, he would then tag mobs while the party would kill them. Then they'd invite him back to party so he doesn't get ported out. Those mobs were meant to give xp to 5 people at once, but he was getting it alone.

Yes, he was banned for this, because he was abusing game mechanics (60 secs of not getting ported out after being kicked from party) to tag etc."

6. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, when I said "power leveling", I meant "mob tagging".

Honestly, I've seen/heard people saying "power leveling" when they are actually "mob tagging", I messed up. My apology.

There really was no concept of power leveling in WotLK. That term came into light with the introduction of XP Elixir, didn't it?

7. Lk had power levling or atleast a form of it but it was hot-fixed really fast iirc. And its not always about tagging alone, mobs should not give exp once they higher by a certain amount of levels and here they do. That is what get you banned

8. mobs should not give exp once they higher by a certain amount of levels and here they do

They don't. That was fixed so long ago.

9. Maybe fixed on lk but its not on mop, not to sure about cata.

10. Are you sure it was fixed? I often see lvls 40 in Icecrown when I'm farming

11. What if a low level, like level 10, can go into a level 30-35ish zone to grind alone? That still bannable? Twinks in mop are too strong for their own good and can solo almost 40 zones at a low level.

12. And how many days is the ban for power leveling ?