1. Heirloom vendors in Dalaran. Why not have them back?

Hey!

Started playing on this server and I am enjoying it quite a lot. I am leveling a paladin and after I gear him up I will probably start leveling a warrior. I've met a lot of people on the realm and every single one of them has a very strong opinion on heirlooms and having them banned completely. Now, I understand the reason behind disabling RDF, but why not have the heirloom vendors back in the game? The gear is not easy to obtain in WOTLK and if people don't like them, they can simply not buy them.

I've been playing this game since patch 1.11 back in 2005 till Cataclysm and I find the vanilla leveling experience (1-58) just a huge pain in the ***. Its badly designed and very slow. Someone might say that this makes it harder and more challenging but it simply isn't. Making something take a long time does not mean that it's difficult to do.

So, what would it take for Warmane to put back the heirloom vendors?

2. The gear is not easy to obtain in WOTLK and if people don't like them, they can simply not buy them.
    Nice logic there not going to lie.
    Can you also make rates 1-20x , whoever doesent like high rates can just set x1... facepalm

3. Nice logic there not going to lie.
    Can you also make rates 1-20x , whoever doesent like high rates can just set x1... facepalm
    How is that the same thing? Why get so offensive?

4. Hey!

Started playing on this server and I am enjoying it quite a lot. I am leveling a paladin and after I gear him up I will probably start leveling a warrior. I've met a lot of people on the realm and every single one of them has a very strong opinion on heirlooms and having them banned completely. Now, I understand the reason behind disabling RDF, but why not have the heirloom vendors back in the game? The gear is not easy to obtain in WOTLK and if people don't like them, they can simply not buy them.

I've been playing this game since patch 1.11 back in 2005 till Cataclysm and I find the vanilla leveling experience (1-58) just a huge pain in the ***. Its badly designed and very slow. Someone might say that this makes it harder and more challenging but it simply isn't. Making something take a long time does not mean that it's difficult to do.

So, what would it take for Warmane to put back the heirloom vendors?
    First of you are saying that people can simply not buy them if they don't like heirlooms. But what about when you group up with people that are using heirloom gear in dungeon for example. It will become a lot more boring.

You are also saying that you understand why RDF are disabled. That is while you are saying that the 1-58 zones are just a time consumer. So what is RDF disabling then? Disabling RDF won't make it more difficult, it is just as you said. More time consuming.

I hope Warmane add RDF, before they add any heirloom gear - because heirloom is what will make the content easier. Not RDF.

5. First of you are saying that people can simply not buy them if they don't like heirlooms. But what about when you group up with people that are using heirloom gear in dungeon for example. It will become a lot more boring.

You are also saying that you understand why RDF are disabled. That is while you are saying that the 1-58 zones are just a time consumer. So what is RDF disabling then? Disabling RDF won't make it more difficult, it is just as you said. More time consuming.

I hope Warmane add RDF, before they add any heirloom gear - because heirloom is what will make the content easier. Not RDF.
    I don't understand why people care so much how other players level up their alts. Why does it bother you so much that I spent more than a month for a single piece of heirloom gear to level my alt quicker? Because If you group up with me in Deadmines it will be more boring? How? How does having 1 piece of gear make things boring? I don't get it.

6. because Lordaeron whas designed this way, No Rdf, No heirlooms, no shop, kind of Vanilla way , if they say yes to Rdf/Heirlooms, why no shop then, see, a 2nd Icecrown server

7. if they say yes to Rdf/Heirlooms, why no shop then, see, a 2nd Icecrown server
    Raid gear is also available ingame and u can't buy it in the store.
    Making heirlooms accacquirable ingame doesn't mean that they will consequently add it to the store.

Imo the realm would benefit from heirlooms. Motivates ppl that already have a 80 to level a alt instead of leaving the realm. After all heirloom would make lordaeron more attractive and the population would increase.
    Edited: March 19, 2017

8. I don't understand why people care so much how other players level up their alts. Why does it bother you so much that I spent more than a month for a single piece of heirloom gear to level my alt quicker? Because If you group up with me in Deadmines it will be more boring? How? How does having 1 piece of gear make things boring? I don't get it.
    1) "I don't understand why people care so much how other players level up their alts."
    First of, a lot of people will say "You chose to join the server - a server that had no heirloom". So by joining you are accepting that there are and won't be any heirloom. (Funny thing that I am saying this - while I want RDF - but thats the truth with both RDF and heirlooms).

2) "Why does it bother you so much that I spent more than a month for a single piece of heirloom gear to level my alt quicker?"
    On the other hand, adding RDF won't be the same. As you say - heirloom gear will make you level quicker. While having a RDF that does not have additional exp and gold, won't give any benefit, except the faster group up (and teleport - if they would add that - if they ever was going to add RDF).

3) "Because If you group up with me in Deadmines it will be more boring? How? How does having 1 piece of gear make things boring? I don't get it."
    At the start, it won't be too boring maybe. But do you think people will only end up with one piece? Because the longer heirlooms are enabled on the server, the more heirloom gear it will become. That equals faster and easier dungeons. And as people say this is a server ment to be hardcore. (Since I have told that I would like RDF - and many people say that will make it "less hardcore". Well in my opinion, RDF will only make it less time consuming, because it does not change the instance or gear itself).

9. it only says no heirlooms in store in realm information.

would be great addition to the game so more people lvl alts -> more raids /bgs/dungeons.

or you could make them only viable for current tier emblems as a restriction for example frost emblem with icc atleast.

10. Jakkre

i've never said that the Heirlooms will be in the store, what i've said is, IF they say yes to Rdf etc.. why not a shop because after all, you'll have the same problem, it will take long to have your so beloved stuff, then to save time you'll ask for a shop to buy bis gear, even it wasn't the purpose in the first place, besides, after ICC's release the server won't go any further, you'll have plenty of time to try the citadelle with any rerol you want.

11. Im up for heirlooms, maybe make them extra expensive?

12. Jakkre

i've never said that the Heirlooms will be in the store, what i've said is, IF they say yes to Rdf etc.. why not a shop because after all, you'll have the same problem, it will take long to have your so beloved stuff, then to save time you'll ask for a shop to buy bis gear, even it wasn't the purpose in the first place, besides, after ICC's release the server won't go any further, you'll have plenty of time to try the citadelle with any rerol you want.
    Well, heirlooms and RDF are features that existed back in Wotlk on retail.
    I can't see any connection between these features and the store.

13. there is not, but after all those years on Wow forums, private or retail, the routine is the same , somebody ask for one thing, it ends up you have to re design the whole game.
    So to make it simple, you want to go fast, go Icecrown, you'll accept the features on Lord play on Lord^^ and it's a spécific private LK server, nothing has to be exactly like retail.
    I'll never understand why when something is made, everybody want to change it because it doesn't suit them.

14. I have already made my point about RDF on the dedicated thread (basically I am a achievement hunter and I have skipped so much content because I couldn't find groups for it, just hoping to solo them later, I want RDF or at least group finder). As far as heirlooms, I think they should stay offline on Lordaeron. I am an alt addict, yet I think that buying heirloom weapons, shoulders, whatever and enchanting them out the wazoo to send to your lowbies on a PVP server is almost cheating. I want to at least have a fair fighting chance instead of seeing nothing but fully heirloomed and enchanted twinks.

15. I don't think the items or RDF do any more damage than allowing players to buy alts with coins. Its essentially like buying a max level charater boost for anyone that doesn't want to level (geared toons cost a bit, but a level 80 in **** usually runs 60 ish coins, which is how much a boost costs on retail). At least with RDF or the items, it promotes people going back into the old world, and encourages people to roll here, instead of a constant cycle of recycling old toons causing the population to just bleed out.

Honestly, in the end, it'd probably help the server.
    Edited: March 24, 2017

12 Last