1. (Ex-)Japanese Residents

Hi there :)

I have a question for those who have been residents in Japan or are currently living there.

In Anime and Japanese Drama's when they enter a house, they have small space just after the door to remove your shoes and put on "house" shoes before venturing into the house.

My question is, how is this handled when guests arrive? Do you provide the "house" shoes for all guests?
    How is this managed? Because of Shoe Sizes, or do would you query the number of guests and their shoe sizes before inviting them over?

2. You have usually enough shoes for the guests. Size isn't a problem when we talk about house shoes. Sometimes guests bring their own shoes.

3. I don't live in Japan and we always have 3 sizes for adults +2 for children guests in my house. :<
    I think it dates back to my great grandmother having lots of children who would bring friends over.

4. May 15, 2017  
    Socks are okay as well.

"House" shoes are only really mandatory for bathrooms from what I've heard but the rest of the house is socks friendly territory so if there's not enough slippers, you just go like a savage with socks.

Girls have exaggerated slippers, nearly always.