1. Botting AH Allowed?

Can we or are we allowed to bot Auction House? These bots are selling Glyphs and undercut within about a minute if you post same Glyphs as they have. This happens 24/7.

So far I have reported same bots 3 times and on a third time GM seems to state we are allowed to do this.

Just want to confirm if this is OK or not OK to bot AH.

Regards,

2. Scanning AH and posting items can be done by addons. There are no limitations for that in wotlk and those actions do not require key presses. So I would not call it botting unless they are using something more than that. For example, if they use some botting software to move between mailbox and AH then it would be bannable. But you would still have to prove that they are botting. Just listing names is not enough.

3. Oh, thank you. It is nice to know it is safe to leave characters and keep scanning and posting items 24/7.

4. If you just leave them they will be logged out after 30 minutes. And you would need enough items to keep posting. So some actions are still required from the player.

In later expansions (since Cata I think) posting an item requires key press so addons can not do it alone. But in wotlk there were no such limitations. I do not know how "safe" it actually is but technically it's not botting if only addons are involved. If those actions do not require key presses then Blizzard allowed them to be automated with addons.
    Edited: April 22, 2017