1. Save Blackrock

Hi, I used to play on arena-tournament back in 2012/2013 and recently logged on only to realise how far the server has been let go. What used to be an active server with high level competition and a very active 3v3 ladder seems to have completely collapsed into this 2v2/soloqueue server.

I think there are some pretty simple and low-effort steps to take in order to revitalize the server and perhaps bring back a lot of old players and raise the general population.

I wrote something similar in another thread but I thought making a new thread might help to get some recognition.

First off, 3.3.5b is a must, I think it was one of the best ideas ever that malaco & co ever implemented.

Second, there needs to be more promotion and better rewards for playing the 3v3 ladder, i personally saw nothing wrong with the old transmog system and honestly this new cases/trading system seem to go against what I think is needed. In other words, give s1s2s3s4 transmogs from 2v2/solo queue, and all of the other transmogs from playing 3v3 only. I think in order to make people queue as a 3v3 team you need to have frequent rewards, 1600/1650/1700 you get the point, and maybe even rewards different mounts at certain ratings, eg: spectral tiger at 2500.

My third point is probably a bit touchy, but the old VIP system was imho perfect, and I know some people might be hesitant if you were to reintroduce it but I think eventually people will realise that they might have paid 50e 5 years ago, it's not the biggest of deals. If you were the have some kind of insurance/guarantee for people donating for the old VIP i'm positive people would gladly donate for it.

Lastly, I think once the population and 3v3 ladder has grown, you could look at removing solo/duoq, it feels like it was more of a hail mary to save what was a dying server, but that is for later.

I know you guys are busy with TBC atm, but what I suggest is nothing new to you and have already been implemented before, I think this would be a great start and would most certainly bring back a lot of players.

TLDR; 3.3.5b/old transmog system/remove cases and transmog trades/reintroduce old VIP system/promote 3v3. Once the population grows and 3v3 ladder is active again take a second look at solo/duo q system.

2. old transmog system/remove cases and transmog trades/reintroduce old vip system/promote 3v3. Once the population grows and 3v3 ladder is active again take a second look at solo/duo q system.
    This, just do it.
    Edited: April 24, 2017

3. "3.3.5b/old transmog system/remove cases and transmog trades/reintroduce old VIP system/promote 3v3. Once the population grows and 3v3 ladder is active again take a second look at solo/duo q system." Do this, keep it simple and go back to the roots of when the server was actually good. Focus on making 3v3 the main bracket.

4. Yes please.

Furthermore: I believe that the concept of rewarding only the top 20 every season isn't a good idea in the long term.
    In the end, when you are fully geared, what is there to play for when you are not a top 50 player?
    Rank 1 gets a nice title, rank 2-5 gets gladiator, rank 6-20 gets rival, rank 21 and beyond gets nothing at all.

It used to be that getting 1750 / 2000 / 2250 / 2500 rewarded S1 / S2 / S3 / S4 transmog, which was a nice reward to queue for.
    Even for the lesser players amongst us, there was always that next thing to shoot for.
    Now transmogs are pretty much random, or subject to the trading thing that has started.
    This kills the competition.

To add to that, the top 20 spots, which are already scarce, are often taken by the same few god-tier players who manage to get in the top 20 with multiple characters, again removing much of the incentive to actually play for it.

Why not go for blizzard's approach which was pretty good:
    Rank 1 gets Wrathful Gladiator
    Top 0.5% gets gladiator
    Top 3% gets duelist
    Top 10% gets rival
    Top 30% gets challenger

Make this only available to 3v3.

Bring back the old transmog system based on rating as well, not random cases.

This way, people of all skill levels will be encouraged to play 3v3, as there is actually something to gain from it.
    Also, wipe the titles, except for the R1 title, every season.

5. "Also, wipe the titles, except for the R1 title, every season"

what would be the point of getting titles if they'd wipe them every season? the ****

6. "Also, wipe the titles, except for the R1 title, every season"

what would be the point of getting titles if they'd wipe them every season? the ****
    I think he means you get to keep the titles for one season before it gets wiped like it was on retail. However what is important is to promote 3v3 again through the old transmog system and maybe the title rewards as he proposed. I also don't see how this is not a win/win for everyone, warmane will make a **** ton of money if they reintroduce the VIP system and the quality of the server will increase along with it.

7. The gear farming is a problem too, I've never seen a pvp instant 80 server with only 2 flush x week, just play 1/2 hours every week to do 10 games then do nothing and off-sets for arena points? Just lul. Waiting months to gear up char. This discourage many players to play on Blackrock. People are asking for changes for months but staff doesn't care anymore about realm , there are like 10 topics like this but no response or reply by staff member.
    Edited: April 25, 2017

8. The gear farming is a problem too, I've never seen a pvp instant 80 server with only 2 flush x week, just play 1/2 hours every week to do 10 games then do nothing and off-sets for arena points? Just lul. Waiting months to gear up char. This discourage many players to play on Blackrock. People are asking for changes for months but staff doesn't care anymore about realm , there are like 10 topics like this but no response or reply by staff member.
    Yeah I agree, but in order for warmane to actually do something I think they need to see some value in it, I think reintroducing a similar VIP-donation system is key here, whether they lower the prices a bit to get people to come back and donate for it or not is up to them but I think it needs to be implemented one way or another.

9. "Also, wipe the titles, except for the R1 title, every season"

The titles are wiped right before the new titles are given out every season. So you earn a title in season 1, wear it in season 2, but you have to earn it again during season 2 to be able to wear it in season 3. Now you just keep your title forever which kills the incentive to get it again.

A title should reflect what your current game play level is, not what you did 5 years ago. The one exception being a rank 1 title, which is an exceptional feat and should be "remembered" forever.

10. First off, 3.3.5b is a must
    ye bring 3.3.5b back!!

11. maybe give back daily flush and people will come back

12. Another problem is scripters. I think we all know that scripting a huge problem on the server. Not only on Blackrock but on all the Wotlk realms. Its pretty hard to have fun in competitive Arena when there are so many scripters as there is. But yeah I totally agree with this topic! Make Blackrock great again! ;)

13. Simply let people get arena point for 3vs3 every day, so many rank 1 players from live that cba playing with me here since it actually takes several months to get full gear and be able to play and have a chance to win vs geared players. On live last season you could easily get glad rating the first week on a character dinged lvl110. But I don't know, maybe you don't want blackrock to be active anymore...

14. if this was ever going to happen, malaco wouldn't have sold the server