1. Slighty better graphics

Searched thru forum and didnt find anything about getting better graphics on our loved Wotlk. Thats why i share macros to do this *

*note - those macros aren't made by me - found them a long time ago in depths of internet

macro 1:
    /console farclip 1600
    /console horizonFarclipScale 6
    /console skycloudlod 3
    /console waterDetail 3
    /console reflectionMode 3
    /console rippleDetail 2
    /console shadowmode 3
    /console shadowtexturesize 2048
    /console particleDensity 100

macro 2:
    /console environmentDetail 150
    /console groundEffectDensity 256
    /console groundEffectDist 600
    /console groundEffectFade 1277
    /console spellEffectLevel 200
    /console ffxGlow 1
    /console ffxspecial 1
    /console ffxnetherworld 1
    /console ffxDeath 1

macro 3:
    /console sunshafts 2
    /console textureFilteringMode 5
    /console componentTextureLevel 0
    /console terrainMipLevel 0
    /console ssao 2
    /console ssaoblur 2
    /console weatherDensity 3
    /console gxmultiesample 8
    /console violencelevel 5

Just create those 3 macros , simply add them on actionbar , click once eachone and enjoy on better for eye graphics :)

Sry for my bad english :) cya

2. Thats odd . Im using those settings on all the time and havent seen any problem . Can you specify your crash?

3. can you upload some before and after screenshots?

4. Before I played with max settings (where applicable), but low shadows and 8x multisample, but with "spectacular lighting" and "projected textures" off. Those two are still off, shadows got turned high, and of course most other things went off the radar but still look like max in the settings.

Most noticeable difference was the density of plants on the grounds, as well as the number of missiles from spells:

Dalaran is a black screen. PC was top notch in December 2013, so that should explain its dislike for these macros. ;)

I'd recommend testing the settings one at a time to see what it does for you.
    Edited: April 26, 2017

5. Theres also this "Enbseries" thingie that you can use to improve graphics a little bit, google it..!