1. Question About Demonology

Hello everyone, so I've been playing Destruction for a while since I've hit 80 but today I got Dual Spec and want to go Demonology. I was wondering which glyphs I should get and how do I play at raids, and what talents should I get? Some people I inspect have Felguard and some don't, I'm not sure which way is better. Also if Demonlogists does not use Felguards, which demon do they use? Thanks in advance.

2. Hey,
    This should be relevant:
    Spoiler: Show
    Bump!
    Demonology Warlock
    With hand on my heart i can say that this configuration is top dps one for demo spec at the moment.You can easy burst 22-24k and kill the bosses in 18-19k dps range. The good part is if your raid dps is low your personal dps will be higher what more you can want;]/The video below is with normal raid dps not high not low.

Spec - Demo 0/53/17 now there is one dead point you can put it into Demonic Power or Suppression, depend if you need hit, i personally use it in Suppression.

Glyphs:
    1. Glyph of Life Tap
    2. Glyph of Metamorphosis
    3. Glyph of Quick Decay

Stone:
    Create Firestone

Pet:
    Imp

Trinkets:
    Phylactery of the Nameless Lich
    Charred Twilight Scale

video that proves this numbers:

PS. if someone can provide data as hybrid spec log or video will be nice, i`m thinking to try that it may be good again who knows;]/

It's from this thread, which is active. The quote is an excerpt from page 7.

From what I gather, imp would be better to use at end-game gear, with good amounts of haste and crit, and in combination with firestone. This obviously means you need more haste from gear, so it's not that great when you're under 1000 or so. Keep in mind the Felguard buffs all your damage, while the imp buffs fire damage. If you notice your immolate/soulfires/incinerate combined doing over 40% of your damage, it might be a good sign to switch to the spec Ceomerlin mentions.

The guide is way more detailed, if you want to go in depth.

Good luck!

3. Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it! :)

4. There are two specs for demonology - the felguard one and the hybrid one that uses the imp.The felguard one provides better sp buff to the raid,at the cost of personal dps,the hybrid produces greater personal dps,at the cost of less raid dps because of the lower sp buff.In rare(really,really rare) cases demolocks use felhunters to provide int/spirit buffs if there is no mage and priest(and affli lock) in the raid(should be a really rare case).

5. Please explain where did you come up with this theory.

I've checked both specs on both bis and non-bis (5,6k gs) chars and the results say otherwise. Yes, there is a difference in sp given to YOU coming from felguard and imp but it is so insignificant that choosing wrong gems would cost you more sp lost.
    felguard (4129sp only with lifetap and fel armor on me) / imp (4134 with lifetap and fel armor on me): http://imgur.com/a/onBy7

Here, pets attacking with full self buffs (10demonic frenzy on felguard, lifetap, demonic empowerment)
    felguard (4584sp, lifetap,fel armor,10demonic frenzy, demonic emp.) / imp (4593sp, lifetap,fel armor, demonic emp.): http://imgur.com/a/FjUj7

What's more imp ALWAYS does more damage than felguard (you need to change felguard's glyph to imp) and the difference in raid conditions is up to 1,2k dps in favor of imp (more or less).
    And lastly, raid gets only 10% buff of your current sp so it couldn't make less difference honestly... but saying that choosing one pet over another at the cost of raid dps is just wrong.

6. May 13, 2017  
    what is with glyph of felguard,can it be replaced with glyph of quick decay or meta. since now pet scales like it should?

7. May 13, 2017  
    Demo locks should be raiding with imp no matter if hybrid or not. Glyphing your metamorphosis is only viable if your guild takes longer than 6-7 minutes to kill a boss otherwise you should be glyphing life tap/quick decay/imp.