1. Announcer addon

Hello,

I'm looking for an addon that announces interrupts, dispels, and other buff triggers like spell reflect, ice block, bubble, etc

Example:
    I cast pummel on mob casting a spell and I interrupt it.
    Then I /say or /party "Interrupted (spell name) with Pummel"

Or

I cast bubble as paladin
    Then I say "Casted Divine Shield"

Can't seem to find an exact one that works and I've seen it work on numerous yutube vids..

Ty :)

2. Have you tried RSA (Raeli's Spell Announcer)?

I know it was the most popular one for the job in later expansions, but I'm not quite sure how big the difference is in the addon going back to WotLK.

Else, if you're patient and willing to manually add the things you need, you can get this effect from Weak Auras 2 (*backported*) as well. Other addons of this kind I don't have personal experience with.

3. Hi talutah,

Yes I downloaded the latest version for wotlk from curse fbut didn't work :(
    Currently I'm using I interrupted that addon but I was looking for something more that announces stuff like sap- like a more general combat announce addon.

I'm gonna have to try weakaura but does that announce stuff as well?

Thx for the reply

4. Yes I downloaded the latest version for wotlk from curse fbut didn't work :(
    Currently I'm using I interrupted that addon but I was looking for something more that announces stuff like sap- like a more general combat announce addon.
    Keep in mind that since the WotLK CombatLog is quite buggy (as it was in TBC), you'll need a CombatLogFix-AddOn such as CombatLogFix by shadowed

I'm gonna have to try weakaura but does that announce stuff as well?

Thx for the reply
    Of course it can be configured to do so but using RSA might be easier for you.

And you would need the mentioned CombatLogFix for that too since the SpellAlert etc. relies on the CombatLog (not to be confused with the combat log in the chat frame ! ).

5. Oh yeah I already have combat log fixer

Also the rsa works but only gives notification for small amount of spells/buff and doesn't announce interrupts :/

I'll have to figure out weakaura I guess

6. Oh yeah I already have combat log fixer

Also the rsa works but only gives notification for small amount of spells/buff and doesn't announce interrupts :/

I'll have to figure out weakaura I guess
    Editing RSA to cover more spells requires a look into the coding of the addon, but that may be easy enough since announcing something based on a combat log event is rather simple.

WeakAuras requires extra attention in the setup phase, but once you have one spell added, the rest will be a matter of copy paste and editing spell names.

I can take a look into RSA and see if it's simple or not.

---

Edit: Looking at it just now, I'd prefer helping with WA2 rather than the RSA coding. In some addons you're lucky, and there's a basic list that you can just add to. Here it seems like too much work (for me, at least).
    Edited: April 29, 2017