1. cross-realm arena/bg

Hi Dev team,

Pooling Blackrock and Icecrown together surely would make for some interesting dynamics. BR gets to play in a bigger pool and ICC players get to play some better players (huehue).

Obviously need to check for fairness in obtaining gear and stuff but I do think that would also create a boost on BR side for more players and maybe some more arena activity on ICC.

(Just in case it's feasable at all)

2. I know a server where this feature is available. So i think molten devs are capable of doing this too. I think they are really good in coding.

But you basicly have some problems to solve:
    It's a hugh amount of coding and the question is 'is it worth it?'.

Following a thought experiment:
    A full gear'd season 8 warrior with 264 BIS offset stuff from blackrock vs. a bad gear'd priest with like 900 resilience from lorderon. This would be some kind of unfair. Or other way around ~ A BIS gear'd destruction human lock donator with CTS and dfo or the 1200sp buff crit procc trinket vs a 1000 resilience s7 feral (okay not that unfair.) from blackrock.

You could check the gearscore by itself
    but than you have to check the rating, which the server does regulary. Then checking 3s soloQ teams on blackrock for specs and all the stuff.
    On the other servers you start arena team at 0, on blackrock 1500. - This could be a problem too.

What i want to say is, that all these realms have to be compartible somehow. And this results in alot of trial and error and much testing and again 'is it worth it?'.

On the other hand - i think molten is the biggest private server. And I can imagine that big boy blizzard wouldn't been so happy about that.. .

Good evening

3. Interesting concept i think that it would be interesting to try implementing something like this.

4. I think they once mentioned this but that was a few years back. It was about clustered load balancing and cross-realm features such as BGs and arena. However, I don't think it went through since I think that was being worked on before the database wipe and then they decided to merge the servers of wotlk into icecrown. However, I'm not sure if it will be possible to merge with Blackrock. Icecrown and Lordaeron could though.
    Edited: April 30, 2017

5. How would Blackrock players deal with Icecrown players having far more gear available to them (from my understanding 277+ ilvl gear is not available on Blackrock?)

Other servers that have cross-realm functionality typically have the realms being more or less on equal footing gear wise...

Would be an amazing feature if Warmane can find a way to balance it. I suspect a lot of PvP players would make characters on Blackrock to get faster gear but also have quick queues. I can definitely see PvP players from other expansions (MoP/Cata) making characters on Blackrock but never on Icecrown.

6. May 5, 2017  
    back then, in the "AT merging with Molten" topic on AT forums, cross-realm queues was actually the only "possibility" mentioned which was making the announcement bearable to the community^^

the upsides would obviously definitely outcome the downsides by far, especially with a ranked solo 3s ladder added on blizzlike realms
    i know a server (*note: being scared to respectfully express one's self goes against the purpose of a forum imo) that mixes the queues of an i80 realm with blizzlike realms without any conceptual issues of any sort

to address the last point left; i know the majority of this realm's playerbase would enjoy playing against opponents having access to stronger items (shadowmourne ect) if it would mean having instant queues at any hours, then again based on how this realm has been dealt with in the recent years well expecting such a thing to be implemented doesnt seem quite realistic, but who knows!
    Edited: May 5, 2017

7. May 5, 2017  
    it would require updating blackrocks core to the Lord/IC one tho

8. May 7, 2017  
    Cross realm for 3s and 5s would be awesome.
    In terms of the gear difference: Imo a unbalanced 3s and 5s bracket is still better than a dead one...

9. May 9, 2017  
    it would require updating blackrocks core to the Lord/IC one tho
    Not really. Most servers that currently have working cross-realm features "transfer" characters over to a new physical machine. If both code bases had an interface to allow those "tranfers", you could run all PvP on a Blackrock core, since it is instanced. It wouldn't really need some complicated clustering mechanic, just one realm handing over responsibility to another, both of which have access to the same character database.

There could be a "light" version, as long as you don't need to have features like all that cross-realm Battle.net bull****, whispers, etc.

10. May 11, 2017  
    make cross realm or close blackrock

11. May 12, 2017  
    But I don't understand how players on Blackrock will compete with Shadowmournes/Higher ilvl PvE gear?

Blackrock will always be at a huge disadvantage, because Blackrock players can't get these items, right? I expect if they did implement it, Blackrock players will just get frustrated after getting farmed by your usual SM Warr/Hpala, and will ask for the cross realm to be reverted. Or they will just make characters on Icecrown which would kill the realm...

12. May 12, 2017  
    In order to have this done, the same gear would be available on Blackrock. Blackrock is currently in a 'balanced' state with the gear available being of lower quality than on Icecrown.

On top of that, one thing that needs to be considered is the difference of the communities' mindsets. Blackrock has different code of conduct as well. It would benefit the Blackrock realm but it would completely change the realm design of it.

Not to mention, that implementing this kind of a system on basically two different cores would take months and that's being optimistic.

13. May 13, 2017  
    not necessarily, you could for instance just apply a damage nerf to people using 284s

14. May 13, 2017  
    Proterean is it possible to implement SoloQ on Icecrown and Lordaeron? You guys have it already on Blackrock, i don`t see any negatives you can have from that. But the plus will be huge.
    Edited: May 13, 2017

15. May 15, 2017  
    Proterean is it possible to implement SoloQ on Icecrown and Lordaeron? You guys have it already on Blackrock, i don`t see any negatives you can have from that. But the plus will be huge.
    It is possible but unwanted right now.

12 Last