1. Implementing this ridiculous delay seems for me like deliberately making a fear capable of forcing people to flee into textures and die (because that was actually a thing during TBC).
    Nobody is asking you to reduce kidney shot duration or to lower the mace stun proc chance, ffs.

Please, just listen to what people say or make some brief survey among pvp'ers, i have only seen cheers of joy when the game eventually got rid of that rediculous mechanics on retail.
    This. +1
    It down grades the server.

2. May 2, 2017  
    This. +1
    It down grades the server.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. This mechanic actually makes the server distinguish itself and feel a lot more legit. It's how it was back then, learn to adapt to it.

3. May 2, 2017  
    You realize that we founded AT in 2009, after WotLK had already hit, right? Not to mention, it was complete and utter garbage by today's standards and nobody would accept it as blizzlike anymore. Not even the TBC AT before it went down (1st or 2nd time, doesn't matter) would meet the standard's of the community today. It had "barely anything working" based on what we know about the game back then today.

So you never gave up on retail TBC to join AT, and neither did anyone else. In fact, Kisha and me as the founders never knew about the 400ms retail delay, and we desperately wanted delay - but never knew how to properly implement it and thought it was latency, not some "artificial" system.
    I am all for them listening to the community, if the response is "hey, this doesn't feel right, it feels exploitable, unresponsive, etc". But the response should then be to do more research into how things were done by Blizzard back in the day to not make players feel as if the game was laggy or unresponsive, rather than abandon the mechanic that lead to so many "iconic" things today.

Man, you are wrong. Maybe not fully, but you are still wrong. Molten community may have higher standarts, but the tbc community that you know very well, still have not seen a better server than AT.

The AT PvP experience was always better than every other server, including retail (maybe part of it was the adequate gear available, but still). I believe this is a very serious topic and as far as I am informed(hopefully I'm correct), wotlk AT staff is still part of warmane now.

My appeal to the staff is to carefully consider the options and even if it goes totally against the usual way to decide, just ignore what is blizzlike or not. Take into account all pros/cons, and my advise(of course you have many other ways to decide) is to contact few by your decision TOP PVP players and to base it on their opinion (maybe testing both options on PTR).

What I know forsure is that we, tbc players want to play AT PvP rather than any other tbc server that existed.

4. May 2, 2017  
    Man, you are wrong. Maybe not fully, but you are still wrong. Molten community may have higher standarts, but the tbc community that you know very well, still have not seen a better server than AT.

The AT PvP experience was always better than every other server, including retail (maybe part of it was the adequate gear available, but still). I believe this is a very serious topic and as far as I am informed(hopefully I'm correct), wotlk AT staff is still part of warmane now.

My appeal to the staff is to carefully consider the options and even if it goes totally against the usual way to decide, just ignore what is blizzlike or not. Take into account all pros/cons, and my advise(of course you have many other ways to decide) is to contact few by your decision TOP PVP players and to base it on their opinion (maybe testing both options on PTR).

What I know forsure is that we, tbc players want to play AT PvP rather than any other tbc server that existed.
    I am one of your "we" TBC players. I have been murdering people pretty much daily, and it plays almost EXACTLY like retail BC did. Not sure why you want non BC experience from dev's who deliver pretty damn retail like servers. The delay was a mechanic, and REALLY easily adaptable, because you know, EVERYONE has it. It is more than a little absurd to try to make core changes as "TOP PVPERS" when the server hasnt even gone live yet. I stopped taking you seriously when you said "ignore what is blizzlike or not". This isn't AT.

5. May 2, 2017  
    I stopped taking you seriously when you took it out of context and quoted it against me. Obviously when you have to take a decision you have more than 1 option, and obviously in every single case only one of the options is blizzlike(surely doesn't mean it is the best one).

I propose to consider the pros/cons seriously and to take into account the opinion of players that trully can make difference between both options.

Anyway I like to deal with people like you in real life, here sadly it does not satisfy me to see your loser face in the end of the argumentation, and of course on the internet you can always count yourself a winner.

Simple as that, let staff do whatever they decide to. Me myself vote for not having a delay and I would like staff to hear my voice, just as much as everyone elses (incl. yours). In the end I will still play the server, no matter what is the decision, I just think this is something that should be considered and not thrown away just because "not blizzlike", when it was already tested on the best private server that existed.

If you decide to go any further and explain a bit who the f.. you are, then maybe I will tell you straight ahead if you are anywhere close to what I meant by I "we TBC players".

Cheers!

6. May 4, 2017  
    I stopped taking you seriously when you took it out of context and quoted it against me. Obviously when you have to take a decision you have more than 1 option, and obviously in every single case only one of the options is blizzlike(surely doesn't mean it is the best one).

I propose to consider the pros/cons seriously and to take into account the opinion of players that trully can make difference between both options.

Anyway I like to deal with people like you in real life, here sadly it does not satisfy me to see your loser face in the end of the argumentation, and of course on the internet you can always count yourself a winner.

Simple as that, let staff do whatever they decide to. Me myself vote for not having a delay and I would like staff to hear my voice, just as much as everyone elses (incl. yours). In the end I will still play the server, no matter what is the decision, I just think this is something that should be considered and not thrown away just because "not blizzlike", when it was already tested on the best private server that existed.

If you decide to go any further and explain a bit who the f.. you are, then maybe I will tell you straight ahead if you are anywhere close to what I meant by I "we TBC players".

Cheers!
    Are you a clown? You must be, because this post made me laugh as hard as I have laughed at anything in a while.

I like to deal with people like you in real life
    lol, internet tough guy. Id be glad to meet up. Come on down to sunny Florida.

It wasnt out of context. Your exact quote:
    My appeal to the staff is to carefully consider the options and even if it goes totally against the usual way to decide, just ignore what is blizzlike or not.
    How the **** is that out of context. Sorry mr Trump, you cant say one thing and pretend you meant another. Feel free to edit your post to look less like an elitist "TOP PVP" jackass.

You do understand that AT is a part of Warmane? You still technically are playing on servers that have AT in its DNA. Especially Blackrock.

Pretty sure these guys have a handle on development knowledge that surpasses either of us, and will make a decision based on what they feel best represents, what Warmane represents. Seriously, feel free to head on out to some other server if you cant handle that. Make your voice heard, sure, but no need to be a douchebag about it like you have this entire thread simply because "we TBC players" disagree with you.

Are you you gonna Horde or Alliance? Because to answer your question as to "who the f...I am", I played on AT for years, had amazing partners (will be here as well) I will be the guy owning your face, open world, and arenas, and battlegrounds because you will be too busy QQing about not being able to adapt to how the game was developed to be played.

Cheers!
    Edited: May 4, 2017

7. May 4, 2017  
    We are living in 2017 not 2007 , i have 15x stronger internet, and it does feel like a laggy gameplay. It's dumb to live back in 2007 and have this latency. I dont even see a reason to have it. Let me guess the reasons.
    1. Are you preparing for blizzard TBC release and you think they would have that delay so you want to adapt and become number one ? ( they got rif off of that **** to make gameplay better).
    2. You want to copy old pvp videos instead of creating your own gameplay exp on 2017 BC? I would say everyone should adapt to play without that delay as its way more attractive.
    3.You live under mountain with 1mbs internet? So you need it

8. May 4, 2017  

lol, internet tough guy.

You do understand that AT is a part of Warmane? You still technically are playing on servers that have AT in its DNA. Especially Blackrock.
    AT has nothing to do with warmane. There is no "AT in it's DNA".

All of the AT staff are gms hosting stair climbing events and forum CMs now.

You certainly did not play AT (or anywhere) competitively if you accept 400ms and broken interrupts/juking. What kind of internet tough guy lies about being relevant on a server that died 4 years ago?

ps. bigpwn if you read this please fix my damn justicar title i've been waiting 4 years

9. May 4, 2017  
    The delay clearly isn't even 400ms right now anymore. They did something to it.
    That being said, if you still haven't understood that this delay isn't purely artificial or some sort of latency, you're a moron.

The whole point of having this, is to recreate mechanics as they were back in 2008. And that's not just referring to **** like being able to poly, sap, cyclone, etc each other. It's about spells being resolved at the SAME TIME. One: It compensates for player latency slightly (which isn't bad), and two, it allows things like deathing poly without pushing back the cast, heal+drink, vanishing and reflecting several things at the same time and much more.

It's a backbone of PvP mechanics. Also BigPwn already said interrupts aren't delayed

10. May 4, 2017  
    The delay clearly isn't even 400ms right now anymore. They did something to it.
    That being said, if you still haven't understood that this delay isn't purely artificial or some sort of latency, you're a moron.

The whole point of having this, is to recreate mechanics as they were back in 2008. And that's not just referring to **** like being able to poly, sap, cyclone, etc each other. It's about spells being resolved at the SAME TIME. One: It compensates for player latency slightly (which isn't bad), and two, it allows things like deathing poly without pushing back the cast, heal+drink, vanishing and reflecting several things at the same time and much more.

It's a backbone of PvP mechanics. Also BigPwn already said interrupts aren't delayed
    However, in a real battle it only gives me cancer when i constantly sit in clone/polymorph with an active Spell Reflection buff and cannot interrupt a thing.
    It feels really lackluster after playing with 24ms on a retail server during recent expansions, the controls don't feel responsible.

11. May 4, 2017  
    We are living in 2017 not 2007
    It feels really lackluster after playing with 24ms on a retail server during recent expansions, the controls don't feel responsible.
    Then ****ing go play recent expansions. Why are you even wanting to play an old one if you want it tweaked left and right to please "top pvpers"? Go play a "top pvping" expansion and ****ing stop trying to mold an old experience to suit your virtual dick-swinging, leave TBC to be TBC as close to exactly how it was as possible, good and bad. Or even better: make your own server.

12. May 4, 2017  
    However, in a real battle it only gives me cancer when i constantly sit in clone/polymorph with an active Spell Reflection buff and cannot interrupt a thing.
    You are too slow, then. It shouldn't happen constantly, unless you either
    - wait too long to reflect, because you don't wanna get faked
    - are too slow and only activate reflect in the ~100-250ms (after the changed) that it takes from finished cast to applying the effect on you

Don't wait too long. I have been playing semi-actively these past days and I don't think the delay is cancer. It's in a good state, although I am sure it could use some more work, research and tweaking. I might even prefer this over Legion gameplay slightly, as I actually have a chance to get spells off now, instead of sitting in a stun I knew was coming, without getting my defensives up in time, despite having CLEARLY pressed the button at the right time.

I'm not saying it's perfect, or flawless, or even definitely better than how retail works right now. But it definitely has its place in TBC and its reasonable to have some sort of batching implemented, given all the mechanics around it kind of rely on this system.

13. May 4, 2017  
    I've been reading this thread and had some questions.

1. How does this work while also considering latency between client and server, if server is in EU and client is in US then you have much more latency, so how does this 400ms fit into this? Fact is that most of us probably aren't as close to the WM server as we were retail, so correct me if I'm wrong but effects on gameplay would vary a lot?

2. You keep talking about AT server, I have no idea what this is so it's hard to follow the context, what is the full name of this old shutdown server?

3. It seems like the goal here is purposely emulating a technical limitation of 2006-2008 tech at the detriment of the gameplay? Back in 2007 I had over 100ms on retail with an 8mb connection (as apposed to 10-30ms with an 80mb connection in recent years). I played on a 720p CRT monitor, with a single core processor system that sported 512mb ram... You couldn't force me to go back to those technical limitations, lower performance etc. Are we missing that the core experience of TBC can be enhanced by modern computer/server tech as apposed to purposely being hindered by legacy tech?

It seems from reading (and just reading the posts, I've not tested) that the gameplay experience suffers and is not great. While the goal may be blizzlike, the result may be different, thats if Blizzlike (to the period) is even desirable to begin with in this area.

14. May 4, 2017  
    After a bit of testing it seems like they have reduced the delay to 1-300ms(still goes a slightly beyond this at times).

When playing arena I've also noticed that occasionally CCs casted on each other will NOT resolve simultaneously, which is supposedly the only benefit of this system compared to the static system.

What has happened a is that when I'm casting fear on someone, and they are casting clone on me, my fear is casted -> my fear resolves on him -> his cyclone somehow still goes off just as my fear resolves -> I get cycloned in the next batch.

When this happens this makes for a much worse experience than the static system.

My comparison between static & batch system:

Static system:

Positives:
    ++CCs always having the same delay, when the delay is always the same then your brain will know what to expect when pressing your keys which results in you not noticing the delay.
    +Because the delay is always the same it makes for less RNG = higher skillcap/more competitive.
    +All the retail delay mechanics & "iconic" things would still be a thing.
    +Already tested and liked in a highly competitive environment(Wotlk AT/Blackrock, as well as other games like Dota 2)

Negatives:
    -CCs casted on each other won't resolve at exactly the same millisecond, with 150ms delay the average difference would be 75ms, which in practice would literally never be an issue(maybe in 1/10 000 arena games)

So the only negative(which barely is a negative) is sometimes also an issue even with the batch system, but then much worse since it has to wait an entire batch before the next spell resolves.

batch system:

Positives:
    +CCs always(not always) resolve simultaneously

Neutral:
    + - "blizzlike"(except that it's not, this system will never be blizzlike on any server simply because the only information about the system is the "extremely short version", aka the very basics). No matter how much research is done watching old videos won't matter. It will not give you anything conclusive. It's also currently only for CCs which that in itself makes it already very much not "blizzlike".

Negatives:
    -Very noticable delay because
    1. The delay is random, makes it so your brain will never really adjust to it.
    2. The delay can go past 200ms(human reaction time)
    Because of this, it gives the gameplay a sluggish/clunky/non-nice touch to it.

-Random 1-300ms delay, yet another massive RNG factor. Lower skillcap/less competitive.
    -Never before tested except for another test server that never released, where it was also generally disliked.

With all this said, I really don't see the point in having a 1-300ms random delay when a static 150ms delay(which is also the average of 1-300ms) will on average have the same effect as the batch system, except that it will actually feel nice.

15. May 4, 2017  
    Great post svendl , btw after today pvp evening feels like they fixed that delay, had great evening with any latency. On the other hand LOS in pvp zones are useless, mages can silence , shot me when i am hiding behind trees or some walls.

First 1234 Last