1. Unless you can provide hard data evidencing that this isn't how it was on Burning Crusade retail, and all you have is disliking it, this is a moot point.
    Why dont you (staff) provide data that 400ms is correct? Maybe if you would be less stuborn about us providing non existant information(i searched alot about this and there's no such information), you should log in and feel how's PvP. I know you want exact info but you cant be sure about that stuff, so the best thing here is to be open minded and reasonable instead of bashing every opinion with your "post us strong information about this of gtfo" lmao

YES - there should be delay but this is too much. Like you'll get feared inbetween cheap shot and kidney shot, because of big delay, you'll have to cast kidney shot almost half a second before it actually ends lol

As it stands now though, it does feel clunky. Especially when you come into intense arena situations when you want to interrupt casts with warstomp, stuns etc... Just to get completely screwed over by rng and have it be delayed by 400ms. You won't really notice the clunkiness if you just test it out in duels, but it is definitely noticable when two good teams face off in arena. - THIS
    Edited: April 28, 2017

2. Why dont you (staff) provide data that 400ms is correct? Maybe if you would be less stuborn about us providing non existant information(i searched alot about this and there's no such information), you should log in and feel how's PvP. I know you want exact info but you cant be sure about that stuff, so the best thing here is to be open minded and reasonable instead of bashing every opinion with your "post us strong information about this of gtfo" lmao
    Because - get ready to have your mind blown - this is our server, coded by our developers, based on their research and information, with our targets in mind for what we want our servers to provide. So, with the knowledge that our target isn't to cater to this or that group - PvPers, in this case - but to resemble the Burning Crusade experience as closely as it was on retail, either you show that this is wrong - which would make it a bug report - or this is nothing more than a suggestion for custom content - alike to the "remove the flat 1% miss chance" and "make hit points show as numbers," and probably receiving the same answer - just posted in an incorrect section.

3. but to resemble the Burning Crusade experience as closely as it was on retail
    Hi Obnoxious,

I though it was just bad lag from my ISP so stopped playing for the evening as I got frustrated with it. I can see the reasoning for adding this feature to replicate TBC, is this set in stone as a feature of the server now or do you guys test internally and decide if this is actually something that is a plus on the server rather than a negative even though it increases the fidelity of the TBC experience, warts and all etc.

In later xpacs removing this feature was seen as an improvement to the game and it felt nice. I'm guessing most players won't even notice the change and will become used to it in time as will I.

Thanks,
    Set

4. Hey, if you really want to go that route, do you plan on paying $50 for the game and $15 for the subscription before you can even log in? And then another $15 for every month you plan on playing? How about another $50 every two years to be allowed to keep playing current content?
    No? Yes? How about everyone else?

We offer the service for free, if the user in question so chooses. Concessions must be made in order to maintain that.

We try to keep things as "blizzlike" as possible in some/most areas. But that doesn't mean there aren't any compromises that have been made that we deem either acceptable or necessary. But that doesn't mean we should allow people to take a kilometer from us when we're only offering a centimeter.

This discussion does not belong in this topic. In fact, it's rather pointless to discuss it at all. Anyone who has any business sense will understand the approach. Let it end here and get back to the topic. Please and thank you.

Sure, if warmane provides 100% blizzlike and 100% uptime without random dc's (exception for maintenance obviously) I would gladly pay those amounts or even more.

5. I'm not sure if the batch system actually was live in TBC and WOTLK.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12440024046

There the poster states:

"Today after the 6.0.2 patch I tested a few instances and actions are now indeed INSTANT again, there is no random delay, it is like playing a whole new game. The game I knew back in Vanilla, TBC and parts of WotLK before you started using those 400ms process batches."

In other words, according to this poster: Vanilla, TBC and parts of WOTLK did not have this batch system.

I don't know myself wether this is true or not, but thought it would be good to throw this out there to further the discussion.

6. Alright, this is old news for me and if you guys say this and that, it seems to me you are not informed of the Burning Crusade expansion, going the 400ms route is Blizzlike, http://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?t...9#131814318748

7. Casuals. I played 2 years of vanilla with 350 ping and rekt everyone in PvP

8. Because - get ready to have your mind blown - this is our server, coded by our developers, based on their research and information, with our targets in mind for what we want our servers to provide. So, with the knowledge that our target isn't to cater to this or that group - PvPers, in this case - but to resemble the Burning Crusade experience as closely as it was on retail, either you show that this is wrong - which would make it a bug report - or this is nothing more than a suggestion for custom content - alike to the "remove the flat 1% miss chance" and "make hit points show as numbers," and probably receiving the same answer - just posted in an incorrect section.
    you're right about all things you said but if you cant find correct info about delay, it's better to not implement it at all than to have it messed up or listen to feedback from players(reduction)

9. Because - get ready to have your mind blown - this is our server, coded by our developers, based on their research and information, with our targets in mind for what we want our servers to provide. So, with the knowledge that our target isn't to cater to this or that group - PvPers, in this case - but to resemble the Burning Crusade experience as closely as it was on retail, either you show that this is wrong - which would make it a bug report - or this is nothing more than a suggestion for custom content - alike to the "remove the flat 1% miss chance" and "make hit points show as numbers," and probably receiving the same answer - just posted in an incorrect section.
    I feel that having a non-laggy competitive and snappy environment in pvp is way better than struggling to interrupt a single spell, back in the days TBC AT used to be fantastic without that rudimental feature and people enjoyed having no delay on that realm. This was the only factor why i gave up playing on tbc retail and went to AT.
    Implementing this ridiculous delay seems for me like deliberately making a fear capable of forcing people to flee into textures and die (because that was actually a thing during TBC).
    Nobody is asking you to reduce kidney shot duration or to lower the mace stun proc chance, ffs.

Please, just listen to what people say or make some brief survey among pvp'ers, i have only seen cheers of joy when the game eventually got rid of that rediculous mechanics on retail.

10. I feel that having a non-laggy competitive and snappy environment in pvp is way better than struggling to interrupt a single spell, back in the days TBC AT used to be fantastic without that rudimental feature and people enjoyed having no delay on that realm. This was the only factor why i gave up playing on tbc retail and went to AT.
    Implementing this ridiculous delay seems for me like deliberately making a fear capable of forcing people to flee into textures and die (because that was actually a thing during TBC).
    Nobody is asking you to reduce kidney shot duration or to lower the mace stun proc chance, ffs.

Please, just listen to what people say or make some brief survey among pvp'ers, i have only seen cheers of joy when the game eventually got rid of that rediculous mechanics on retail.
    You realize that we founded AT in 2009, after WotLK had already hit, right? Not to mention, it was complete and utter garbage by today's standards and nobody would accept it as blizzlike anymore. Not even the TBC AT before it went down (1st or 2nd time, doesn't matter) would meet the standard's of the community today. It had "barely anything working" based on what we know about the game back then today.

So you never gave up on retail TBC to join AT, and neither did anyone else. In fact, Kisha and me as the founders never knew about the 400ms retail delay, and we desperately wanted delay - but never knew how to properly implement it and thought it was latency, not some "artificial" system.
    I am all for them listening to the community, if the response is "hey, this doesn't feel right, it feels exploitable, unresponsive, etc". But the response should then be to do more research into how things were done by Blizzard back in the day to not make players feel as if the game was laggy or unresponsive, rather than abandon the mechanic that lead to so many "iconic" things today.

11. I am all for them listening to the community, if the response is "hey, this doesn't feel right, it feels exploitable, unresponsive, etc". But the response should then be to do more research into how things were done by Blizzard back in the day to not make players feel as if the game was laggy or unresponsive, rather than abandon the mechanic that lead to so many "iconic" things today.
    The static system allows for all the "iconic" things and mechanics that which the "blizzlike" system would allow. It just doesn't feel like a sluggish mess. The argument that "spells won't always resolve simultaneously" is negligible. Not once during the time I played on wotlk AT did I experience that as an issue or even notice it. I doubt there was even a single complaint about it.

I just don't see how this system can be fixed without it still feeling sluggish. As soon as delay of your spells exceeds 200ms, things will no longer feel good.
    The only solution I can see for that issue is to reduce the batch time to a maximum of around 200ms, which would make the average delay too low and thus diminishing the "iconic" mechanics, making it much inferior to the static system.

12. The static system allows for all the "iconic" things and mechanics that which the "blizzlike" system would allow. It just doesn't feel like a sluggish mess. The argument that "spells won't always resolve simultaneously" is negligible. Not once during the time I played on wotlk AT did I experience that as an issue or even notice it. I doubt there was even a single complaint about it.

I just don't see how this system can be fixed without it still feeling sluggish. As soon as delay of your spells exceeds 200ms, things will no longer feel good.
    The only solution I can see for that issue is to reduce the batch time to a maximum of around 200ms, which would make the average delay too low and thus diminishing the "iconic" mechanics, making it much inferior to the static system.
    It was harder in PvE also with the 400 ms delay not only PvP, this is Blizzlike.

13. It was harder in PvE also with the 400 ms delay not only PvP, this is Blizzlike.
    The delay is currently only for CCs so in that regard it's already very custom. Literally makes no difference for PvE.

14. "Blizzlike" argument is an appeal to tradition and a potential fallacy. If 100% of the PVP Population would rather have a non gimmicky but also non-blizzlike system what reason is there to keep it blizzlike? Like do you see the flaw in your logic? The server is advertisied as "blizzlike" because thats what people want, but people also want this one tiny ****stain of a mechanic fixed.

First 1234 Last