1. is deflation still ongoing?

after the change of gold rates from 7x to 3x AND the gold squish in january, i have a feeling that defaltion is still in place. i remeber selling primoridla saronites for 950g and now i see it cost is around 800g. This apply to other things like herbs and ores too.
    So the gold is still gaining value after 5 months of changes?

2. I think an economy is a hard thing to pin point on a server as large as ours. market place value will change constantly through time, depending on many factors, such as the faction/players needs and demands.

Did the squish work? absolutely, gold is way more valuable now, and the prices reflect that, When i started on the server Primos sold for 7-8k, and a single BoE 150-220k. So its a great thing.

I would like to point out to all those people that said it does nothing, and will fix nothing, the people that had said "it's basic economics" lol, well........guess you were wrong. But we'll never see them here complaining about it again.

Point is, it will continue to change. as long as there are measures put in place to provide gold sinks, and balancing measures in place. which Bliz had in first place. It will stay healthy. the prices could continue to drop, might start to rise, depending on if there is a change in supply and demand.

It is a static server after all, the only thing that changes is the players, and their needs, so if a lot of players that need nothing, and have the resources to supply remain high, there will be a falling of prices, if those players leave, take a break, or stop farming to sell, then the prices raise if the demand for said items rise, then the prices rise. simple as that.

Hope I cleared it up a tad for you.

3. its still deflating and youre wrong if you believe lower prices are better; it may be for a select few of the 1%, but for the general public higher prices are better - more affordable vendor/trainers.

4. i'm not sure I understand how you can say that, with the gold the way it is, it's much easier to maintain the server the way it is, gold doesn't come as easy as it did, i agree, but that's good for the server overall, meaning, you don't have to hit gold cap to buy one boe, prices will always be higher than what you "want to pay" for the ease of how gold comes, but you have to look at is this sustainable? And how long will it be before we need another squish on a static server.

Is the average starting player able to get the gold he needs in a reasonable amount of time, I feel the answer to this is yes.