1. May 14, 2017  
    Well, well, one group wants to close this realm (including me), other group is too naive and wants Neltharion to stay.
    Why can't we make optional transfers to MoP for everyone?
    Those are two different things: 1. Closing Neltharion and 2. Making optional transfers to MoP.

The second one is a good idea. The first one is a horrible idea. If you want Neltharion to disappear for you, there's a simple solution: STOP PLAYING IT. I promise you no one will try to change your mind.

If things end up at a point where there's just a few hundred players who are die hard Neltharion players and want to stay, then let them do so. It's their home. It's not your home if you want to destroy it.

That aside, it's bad business for Warmane to close an expac because it sets a precedent where guys at the next least-popular server start to wonder how long they have, stop playing, stop donating, etc.

2. May 15, 2017  
    Can you people keep the negativity for yourselves, no one is going to care about your experiences 4 years ago.
    Been there, done that. There was plenty of hate and qq on forums back then, so please control yourselves to not to post negative comments, instead I encourage you to help the staff fix the critical bugs we have. They asked us for help, so help is what we can give.
    They also said Nefarian would be fixed 2 years ago.

3. May 15, 2017  
    They also said Nefarian would be fixed 2 years ago.
    Oh no, i hope that group of people who do bwd once a year won't get hurt by not getting 2 maelstrom crystals.

They also said the encounter itself is very difficult to script, if u ever played retail yourself or saw video of the boss u will know that the boss fight is one huge event. I would prefer them to fix 100 smaller bugs instead of releasing another forgotten boss.

4. May 15, 2017  

5. May 15, 2017  
    Nothing can really save Neltharion at this point.

I was always wondering why would Warmane focus their dev resources on Mop. Looking from business side Cataclysm is paired with Wotlk in terms of pve geared needed in pvp. No matter what class you play you want at least 1 pve trinket + 1 other piece. I reckon you cannot share your income per realm but I am almost certain that even few months ago Neltharion still made more profit with donations than Frostwolf. I don't need your statistics data but please enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Let's not pretend that you care about 400 players left on Neltharion. You still earn a bit of chunk of money out off it otherwise it would end like Warsong did. If you want to do something with Cataclysm, get devs to work on expansion itself, we don't care if it's gonna take a year to make it work like your wotlk realms. Open a new, fresh realm. In my eyes best case scenario would be 4.0.6 start like it was on Molten. Make a tbc alike hype around it. Make that cross expansion character copy thing to work. I bet people tired of afk-ing in dalaran would rather log on another realm to play than doing nothing. Once released, make dragon soul difficulty similar to Lordaeron raids. The raid itself is a joke, it was on retail and it is here. Make people earn their heroic bis gear. Limit coin shop like you did before. No heroic weapons on marketplace, also no heroic trinkets on marketplace. You can put 384 raid finder versions of any dragon soul piece of gear for 40 coins and people will still donate for it.

If you ever consider doing something like this i'll gladly make bigger post with more suggestions.

6. May 15, 2017  
    Quite a history lesson i see, but considering the first few pictures(all up to and including dragon soul release) the numbers were from hype no other server had decent population and opened dragon soul at that time, soo as mercy told us cataclysm was popular from hype(just like wotlk was and just like tbc will be.) as we can see in "lordaeron" picture the population diminished by a huge ammount, from 12k to 4k, that's 3 times and that was not only because of low ammount of fixes or "moltdown" it was because cataclysm was no longer flavor of the month.

I do agree that we could've had more fixes on the issues or atleast some more hype like "we will be giving some extra focus for Cataclysm this month" would've been nice even IF it would've been(or wouldn't have been) lies. It would give some interest to the realm and maybe attract some wotlk players...

However we could look from their point of view, they get low ammount of money from the realm, so investments into it wouldn't be very beneficial(u cant say they would be losing money) but smart investing is when u get highest ammount of money from lowest ammount of work needed and that was the case with tbc and this is not the case with mop or cataclysm as even quest zones like mount hyjal must have a huge ammount of manpower invested into them before they can be called "fixed"

7. May 15, 2017  
    The funding has nothing to do in terms of the development for the realm. A lot of work went into Lordaeron which has been historically and is a low-funding realm, or one that does not bring much at all.

We were the only ones that had big popular cataclysm realms and the case was because we already had a large community that was interested in our projects. Unfortunately as time passed, our statistics, statistics of others as well have shown that the interest was temporary. The population was strong while there was progression on the realm and new end-game content to consume month after month. Now that the progression has ended, there's very few people hyped about it as there's really no major releases for Cataclysm left, other than perhaps one boss.

Wrath of the Lich King remains strong after so many years and our indications show that TBC will be a good expansions as well. Mists of Pandaria is increasing in population.

We are after all just being honest and we have been as well in the past. We never promised anything empty or lied. We did underestimate the work of some things a few times such as Tol Barad (which required a lot of reverse engineering that tooks weeks).

We do plan giving those critical issues mentioned in this thread attention and hopefully with some scripting developers having more time we can look at revamping some zones.

8. May 16, 2017  
    We were the only ones that had big popular cataclysm realms and the case was because we already had a large community that was interested in our projects. Unfortunately as time passed, our statistics, statistics of others as well have shown that the interest was temporary. The population was strong while there was progression on the realm and new end-game content to consume month after month. Now that the progression has ended, there's very few people hyped about it as there's really no major releases for Cataclysm left, other than perhaps one boss.
    I think the best shot there is now, besides constant updates of course on bugs and stuff that the community prioritizes, is if we see character copy/transfer from wotlk to cata and mop. If not more then those people who completed everything on Wrath along with achievements and PvE will copy their chars on cata and start progressing their character for next PvE challenges and achievements. If this can be achieved soon I am sure the interest will increase and i will be the first one to lead the train to it ^^

9. May 16, 2017  
    Now that the progression has ended, there's very few people hyped about it as there's really no major releases for Cataclysm left, other than perhaps one boss.
    Pretty much sums it all up... although as i often like carying "noobs" in my free time I tend to see many people coming from wotlk community, tho I guess u can call this "natural migration".

hopefully with some scripting developers having more time we can look at revamping some zones.
    Well probably most hyped place and least scripted one(by other servers too) would be vash'ir however I highly doubt you would consider investing so much time for just one zone.

10. May 17, 2017  
    I haven't read this whole thread. But I hope even if they stop providing development and updates they keep the server up as is because I don't think that would have a negative effect on anyone. I'm a casual player who just likes playing with his friends. I like to log in after work and chat, maybe do some rhots, once or twice a week i may help some mates out in DS. I geared some of my toons from raiding a lot and some from donations and frankly i'ld like them to stay right where they are as nobody is twisting any of our arms to stay here.

If the experience some have here is bad than leave. If in the future they provide transfers than comeback and transfer toons. But please don't shut the server down :)

11. May 17, 2017  
    I haven't read this whole thread. But I hope even if they stop providing development and updates they keep the server up as is because I don't think that would have a negative effect on anyone. I'm a casual player who just likes playing with his friends. I like to log in after work and chat, maybe do some rhots, once or twice a week i may help some mates out in DS. I geared some of my toons from raiding a lot and some from donations and frankly i'ld like them to stay right where they are as nobody is twisting any of our arms to stay here.

If the experience some have here is bad than leave. If in the future they provide transfers than comeback and transfer toons. But please don't shut the server down :)
    Don't worry, as they said, they won't close it as long as there are interest in it :)

12. May 17, 2017  
    Pretty much sums it all up... although as i often like carying "noobs" in my free time I tend to see many people coming from wotlk community, tho I guess u can call this "natural migration".

Well probably most hyped place and least scripted one(by other servers too) would be vash'ir however I highly doubt you would consider investing so much time for just one zone.
    I do not really agree with you on Vash'ir.. :) Among all players I have played with on retail, Vash'ir was a zone most people disliked.
    Molten Front was pretty much loved on the server I've played on.
    Anyway, I would love to have some quest/zone work on Cataclysm. Especially the high level zones are still in need of a big rework. Hope it will be possible soonish.

13. May 17, 2017  
    We do plan giving those critical issues mentioned in this thread attention and hopefully with some scripting developers having more time we can look at revamping some zones.
    Thank you for listening to us. To be honest, it feels great to get direct attention. Even more on a forum thread. I'm happy we can all discuss about the future of Neltharion together without any mess coming from everywhere. This thread feels clean and I appreciate the job you're doing for us.

Let's keep sharing ideas and opinions, guys. Don't hesitate to participate, but please keep this thread peaceful. Neltharion is still playable and enjoyable : let's not waste that. Our characters are still worth something!

14. May 17, 2017  
    Our characters are still worth something!
    Think I can get a good price for my realm first mage and gnome?

15. May 18, 2017  
    sed life :( Things fall apart. letting go of so much effort, real money, and memories is really hard.

tbh Im just waiting for the day they announce: "We're shutting down cata realm. it's been a good run". And then just delete the game forever.

First ... 34567 ... Last