1. May 13, 2017  
    They will prob focus on cata after the new "vanilla realm". wink wink ;P

2. May 13, 2017  
    But you was able to provide enough dev's to work on a completely new expansion? One that already has huge competition amongst other severs. An expansion that you guys repeatedly said 'We have no interest in making a server for this expansion as we plan to move forward, not backwards.' I can find the actual quote if need-be
    I wrote this in another thread already. TBC was work that didn't require a lot from us. For a big part of the development, it was just adjusting the emulator for the TBC client and then making things for the TBC. Getting TBC to where it is now, which is a very high quality realm, was not hard for us.

We did in the last few months put a lot of work from our development team on it to make sure it's polished and ready to go.

As for Cataclysm, there's a reason why there's no focus on the expansion. Perhaps you will see me as hostile for writing this but the interest is really waning overall and the expansion itself is not widely regarded as a good one. We however do have it in our hearts and keep in mind that we indeed came forward to the community and spoken directly how we will proceed and offered a poll on which the community voted.

As for the issues mentioned in the thread, we will see what we can to get them up to notch.

3. May 14, 2017  
    I wrote this in another thread already. TBC was work that didn't require a lot from us. For a big part of the development, it was just adjusting the emulator for the TBC client and then making things for the TBC. Getting TBC to where it is now, which is a very high quality realm, was not hard for us.

We did in the last few months put a lot of work from our development team on it to make sure it's polished and ready to go.

As for Cataclysm, there's a reason why there's no focus on the expansion. Perhaps you will see me as hostile for writing this but the interest is really waning overall and the expansion itself is not widely regarded as a good one. We however do have it in our hearts and keep in mind that we indeed came forward to the community and spoken directly how we will proceed and offered a poll on which the community voted.

As for the issues mentioned in the thread, we will see what we can to get them up to notch.
    And you also know very well that Cata was very popular when it was actually getting updates, Warmane severely neglected Cata and only after they did, Cata started dying. So no, you can't use that as your excuse.

4. May 14, 2017  
    Thanks for your answer. I hope we will get more information very soon about it. Even just plans or thoughts could warm our hearts. Please keep in mind that the community (mostly myself for now) wishes to help you.

Also, thanks to everyone participating to this thread with useful information. We need more people like you!

5. May 14, 2017  
    Thank you for your sincere answer. As from comunity side of things, I will keep updating my previous posts with pictures and notes soo that developers could have a better point of view at the issues.

6. May 14, 2017  
    And you also know very well that Cata was very popular when it was actually getting updates, Warmane severely neglected Cata and only after they did, Cata started dying. So no, you can't use that as your excuse.
    The only time the expansion was truly popular on the servers we've hosted was when it was brand new, and it was the new thing to try out. You know that, but admitting to that is something else. As much as you and others love to blame the staff for everything that you feel goes wrong, we aren't miracle workers (at least, not always); we're human and we have our own decisions to make, and we've made them. If you feel we've wronged you by focusing development on server X instead of your own server of residence, then perhaps you should ask the players of server X how they would feel if they were in your position. I imagine they'd feel similarly. You know what that means? To put it plainly, it means that we, nor you, nor anyone, are not capable of pleasing everyone. That is all there is to it. Not amount of complaining, ranting or raving will change that. We've made our choices, and you've made yours. Regardless of how painful or wrong any given person may perceive those choices to be. We all have to live with them. So please. Do us all a favor and stop making things worse, because that's the only contribution you're providing right now.
    Thanks for your answer. I hope we will get more information very soon about it. Even just plans or thoughts could warm our hearts. Please keep in mind that the community (mostly myself for now) wishes to help you.

Also, thanks to everyone participating to this thread with useful information. We need more people like you!
    Thank you for your sincere answer. As from comunity side of things, I will keep updating my previous posts with pictures and notes soo that developers could have a better point of view at the issues.
    Thank you. We do appreciate it. Helping us to help you is in the best interest of both parties.

7. May 14, 2017  
    I was scrolling through some old threads and found this image. Note the date on that, as well as the fact that I wouldn't of said that if it wasn't the case.

This is a case of 'which came first; chicken or the egg?' type of situation. Did Warmane's Cataclysm realm lose popularity because they stopped updating it or did they stop updating it because it lost popularity? I imagine that management will have more accurate statistics to support their point of view than the players have to support theirs. Point being: I think Mercy might be right.

8. May 14, 2017  

Don't take it hard but staff's focus on this expansion was reduced a lot, we all know u can earn more money from wtlk it would be more fair to admit it because since u realsed all those server u started ignoring cata, doesn't need a super-human for make at least some fixes any 5/6 months at least for important things, classes are not well fixed since at least 2year and you keep saying u fixed maybe a lvl 18quest that no one cares about but keep dodging real questions about classes

9. May 14, 2017  
    The only time the expansion was truly popular on the servers we've hosted was when it was brand new, and it was the new thing to try out. You know that, but admitting to that is something else. As much as you and others love to blame the staff for everything that you feel goes wrong, we aren't miracle workers (at least, not always); we're human and we have our own decisions to make, and we've made them. If you feel we've wronged you by focusing development on server X instead of your own server of residence, then perhaps you should ask the players of server X how they would feel if they were in your position. I imagine they'd feel similarly. You know what that means? To put it plainly, it means that we, nor you, nor anyone, are not capable of pleasing everyone. That is all there is to it. Not amount of complaining, ranting or raving will change that. We've made our choices, and you've made yours. Regardless of how painful or wrong any given person may perceive those choices to be. We all have to live with them. So please. Do us all a favor and stop making things worse, because that's the only contribution you're providing right now.

Thank you. We do appreciate it. Helping us to help you is in the best interest of both parties.
    Pointing out truths will never make things worse. And even after the hijack, Cata was still pretty popular, despite getting no updates since before the hijack. However, it went over 2 years without any significant fixes while almost every dungeon became unplayable and the raids got buggier. Players kept trying to be patient but years of neglect ended up with this, you can't blame that on the players. I watched Cata go from being active to pretty much dead, I saw the reasons why it happened.

10. May 14, 2017  
    If you can't and won't please us anymore, just close the server, because you're letting this people full of faith and hope when you actually know that nothing will happen.

11. May 14, 2017  
    Well, well, one group wants to close this realm (including me), other group is too naive and wants Neltharion to stay.
    Why can't we make optional transfers to MoP for everyone? Who wants to leave, just login to website and click "CY@" button, get coins refunded partially(or not? pls dont eat me for this), your chosen character is going to get transfered to MoP, easy as that. Who wants to stay just stays and keeps queing bgs versus 90k greens or 10000000th dragon soul run.
    Isn't this the greatest idea? After its done we shall see how many people are still interested in playing dead, bugged Cataclysm (it would be easier to make second poll, but you don't want to).

12. May 14, 2017  
    Well, well, one group wants to close this realm (including me), other group is too naive and wants Neltharion to stay.
    Why can't we make optional transfers to MoP for everyone? Who wants to leave, just login to website and click "CY@" button, get coins refunded partially(or not? pls dont eat me for this), your chosen character is going to get transfered to MoP, easy as that. Who wants to stay just stays and keeps queing bgs versus 90k greens or 10000000th dragon soul run.
    Isn't this the greatest idea? After its done we shall see how many people are still interested in playing dead, bugged Cataclysm (it would be easier to make second poll, but you don't want to).
    Too bad the same exact thing is happening to MoP. The children would go to trash MoP and have it die out too, the adults would do the same that they are doing, stay on Cata or find another server to play Cata on. Either way, nobody wins because they will still only have boring expansions like Wrath or old worn out expansions like BC where most of the players would be clueless because BC actually requires a brain.

13. May 14, 2017  
    @mercy

If i remember correctly there were 4 realms for Cata after the launch of 4.3.4: Sargeras, Nelth, warsong and frostwolf. Shortly after that you merged some servers and there was a hijack after you launched the MoP realms. Right before the meltdown while MoP was already launched there were 2 Cata realms, one being Nelth and the other Warsong. I still remember that you refused to use the AT core for Warsong and all the players started to leave the realm. Shortly after that you closed the realm and didn't give Nelth any attention at all. Nelth had by that time still a good pop (avg 2,5k peaking 3k+). buuuut then warmane decided together with the AT staff to work on, without a doubt, the best Lich King server out there. This resulted in Nelth losing a big chunk of its population yet again. Even so it was left a dry and Kaer somewhere on this forum made a statement that they don't want to work on new expansions other than MoP and Wrath. Which means you had already decided to let Nelth die out. Now you are trying cleverly tell us that Cataclysm was a bad expansion and had no interested people to begin with. This is the greatest lie you have ever produced up until today and I'm on this forum for close to 7 ****ing years.

14. May 14, 2017  
    As much as you and others love to blame the staff for everything that you feel goes wrong, we aren't miracle workers (at least, not always); we're human and we have our own decisions to make, and we've made them.
    The downfall of the cataclysm expansion @ Molten/Warmane was caused 100% by the staff/inside members of the company. We understand that you can't control the outcome of everything, but you can always fix it. But when you keep telling lies like the " Little Red Riding Hood " big bad wolf. No one .... will respect you at all nor care for a word you say.

That's how the world works. And if facts hurts... oh well.

Note: Happy Mothers Days to all the Mothers out there.
    Edited: May 14, 2017

15. May 14, 2017  
    Can you people keep the negativity for yourselves, no one is going to care about your experiences 4 years ago.
    Been there, done that. There was plenty of hate and qq on forums back then, so please control yourselves to not to post negative comments, instead I encourage you to help the staff fix the critical bugs we have. They asked us for help, so help is what we can give.

First ... 23456 ... Last