1. Pvp

ive been playing this server since early 2010 (the good ol days) PvP has always been the only reason why i have been playing here so long but it has been getting so bad and I would just like to state some things and have some community/staff input.

1. As most of us all know the majority of top arena players are using scripts. its to the point where they even admit it and its so obvious in arenas they are not even trying to hide it anymore and GMs are doing little to nothing about it. I was suprised to see someone the other week get banned for Rangehacking for 4 months but come to find out they made a ticket and were unbanned 2 weeks into the ban... Ive reported numerous of players for scripting and i get ridiclous responses like it doesnt matter.. "Thank you for your report. The mentioned player shall be thoroughly investigated by our gnome inquisiton and be struck by our mighty ban hammer, if the grand inquistor and his little fanatics find him guilty" The next day i face him again in areans and even went to the point of messaging him on a horde character and this was his response "Goodluck getting me banned donor scripters dont get banned" i mean come on really, what kind of "Thorough investigation is going on" Its insane to be mindfreezed/bashed/spell reflected 0.01 seconds into a cast. I dont understand how people are getting banned for 30-60 days for ninjaing an item in a raid but people that use scripts/patches are hardly looked over.

2. Shadowmourne..i understand its a 150$ weapon and the better it is the more money into warmanes pockets. but something is wrong with it or something is wrong with resilience. I run 1400-1500 resil disc priest and im getting 4 hit by shadowmourne even with Painsuppresion on how is that possible? Im getting ticked for 5k 5k 5k and im healing for 3k. Everyother PvP server i play i can last from a shadowmourne warrior alot easier then here on icecrown with the same setup and even with less resilience..

I am in no way of bashing warmane staff or warmane itself i appreciate the work you guys put into this and ive had a ton of fun playing on this server but it seems to me pvp is getting worse and worse when it comes to scipters. its like as soon as you hit 2.2- 2.3k mmr its scripter after scripter after scripter to the point you just get discouraged playing at high rating.

2. Thats true .. Resil doesnt work on 100% also its full with scripters .. Its pretty sad these 2 things ruins the whole pvp

3. There is a solution to this.
    It is called ganking.
    Yes, there are trolls, however, well, it is simply we can't solve - so what can we do? Let them play only vs the same kind.
    I don't know. I am not an arena player (in fact, i am looking over it from high xd), the only reason i have entered arena till now is to insta-loose for some good items on new characters. However... If, in deed, the scripters are concentrated in the upper part of the ladder... why don't you leave them there? May it be their sanctuary... we will still know we have rekted any non-scripter xd
    I haven't checked the gear list on wotlk, still hope there aren't items exceptionally obtainable with >2.2k rating...
    The bad thing comes though, when such people decide to get out of the arena hidings, and begin trolling around in the open world - because, neither of us have signed for such behaviour of their side - after all, the scripters are the very minority of the server population. I remember, with a full mail shammy & >1k resi (though not more), was walking around in the CoT, jsut to be 2-shotted by some rogue (~0.4 sec). Still, how can we prove this?
    I have also encountered cases where, in a single raid, we had 3 (three!) ninjaes, had screenshots on anything required, however the gm on the other side literally ignored the report with an automated answer - as i haven't sent a screenshot required - which, of course, i have.
    Still... it is us, the players. That person will have his single-time joy; later, he will regret his actions, however it would be late. Everyone makes his choice - as long as such people are the minority, it is fine. It is their choice to be unfair - it is our choice to simply ignore them for knowing we actually beat them. Because by that they ran away - hence, they lost. I am fine with that xd
    If you are the psychological kind of person, you can, in fact, go further - and you know what you will find in their heads... and it is sad :(
    So, if you want to win, we have two options. Find another player and rekt him fairly. Or be rekted by a troll. And win again :)

4. Sight... Crit hacks and damage hacks don't really exist. Rest of the things like PQR and scripts yeah those are full with these here. However, I did suggest to increase ban duration of hackers and I got back negative answer, quite a silly thing I know. Ninja looting can get you banned for more than a month but if you used any of hacks you get 5days first time. As for banning itself, well I suggest just to keep reporting them. When there is evidence without doubt (Like a video) ban appeal will be declined no matter how much as some of you may say (Omg he donatur, he won't get banned) Well, he will. And yes quite a number of people got the SM, then again it's because of the donations you guys can play here and take for example, see TBC coming up just because people choose to donate their money here. Also no, resil works quite fine, it's just that in most of the part platers run lower resil, they might hit a lot but they can be killed as fast. Not to mention that SM is fixed and it procs how it should now.

5. I also forgot to mention that what i said earlier HAPPENED in BGs (I can safely assume that guy was using Hand of Justice. Just maybe)
    In arena? Not so much.

6. Sight... Crit hacks and damage hacks don't really exist. Rest of the things like PQR and scripts yeah those are full with these here. However, I did suggest to increase ban duration of hackers and I got back negative answer, quite a silly thing I know. Ninja looting can get you banned for more than a month but if you used any of hacks you get 5days first time. As for banning itself, well I suggest just to keep reporting them. When there is evidence without doubt (Like a video) ban appeal will be declined no matter how much as some of you may say (Omg he donatur, he won't get banned) Well, he will. And yes quite a number of people got the SM, then again it's because of the donations you guys can play here and take for example, see TBC coming up just because people choose to donate their money here. Also no, resil works quite fine, it's just that in most of the part platers run lower resil, they might hit a lot but they can be killed as fast. Not to mention that SM is fixed and it procs how it should now.
    i appreciate all your guys replies, Crit hacks/dmg/bleed hacks do exist. They are just patches(MPQ) not enough for people to notice but it adds an invisble crit such as 4-6k dmg thats invisible to the combat log. I wont say any names but i was in a group with 3 other players because they wanted to get some people for 3v3 skirmish (well known players on icecrown two of them with gladiator title) I assume they just forgot i was in the group or just didnt care but they were arguing on whos patches/Range hacks were better and how much of a difference it makes (i think i have a screenshot)lol they even went to the point of dueling eachother and showing it.. 2 warriors running side by side hitting eachother from 7-9 yards away . Its become to the point now scripters are arguing whos scripts are better lol

7. You cant do nothing about scripters especialy if they are heavy donors, it has become another feature for donors. But on the other hand you know they are the most pathetic players on server, that need to use an "autopilot" program so they can "achive" some meaningless titles n other stuff... tragicomedy. They know deep inside they are garbage that relies on computer program to do all the work for them while they just stand like morons. Funniest part is all those top arena nerds act like they are gods and they know 80% of work is doing script. Im laughing hard when i catch a scripter in bg who is having his script bugging out and then he turns from pro to not so pro.

For example there is some generic rival title elemental shaman in alliance named gentleman and i noticed in bgs that he always but ALWAYS wind shear spell refllection in 0.00001 part of second no matter what was he doing before. Its so obvious that its laughable to the point of thinking man do this dude even enjoy this game. I personaly think all those arena titles that people have should have added PQR to their title name so we can have titles like Deadly PQR gladiator, PQR rival, PQR challenger...
    I never seen so many arena obssed people like here that they go to such lenghts to use scripts and hack and even pay for that so they can win and year is 2017 noone normal care about arena anymore since 2010.

Back in the old days on old molten scripters where extremly rare but now i see its some insane trend that is just getting bigger to the point of putting entire world of warcaft especialy on icecrown one big joke.

About shadowmourne thing i heard some conspiracy theory that shadowmourne is doing way more dmg then it should here so maby thats why you find it strange. Also dont forget crit hacks dmg hacks and other stuff. Now its rare to fight vs dude who is not some scripting/hacking nerd.

And shadowmourne has turned form legendary to ordinary. In battleground from 10 platers 9 got shadowmourne comedy at its finnest.
    i agree, Ive donated quite a lump sum in the pass 7 years that ive been here but i dont believe donors should be anymore exempt on getting unbanned by making a ticket then the guy that has never donated. I know its very hard to capture a scripter and have evidence etc. But when people do have evidence and more then one person is reporting the same person on numerous of occasions the "thorough investigation" should actually be thorough. and they should remain banned for the complete duration.

8. Well range hacks that I do know of, but as long as I won't see for myself that there are things that increase damage or crit well... no believing in that. Just because someone said something or pretends to know all of things doesn't mean it's true. Also players that say " oh well damage here is bigger than retail on wotlk", here nearly everyone at end game got pve hc offset which at retail i imagine was not easy to get. Back to those called crits, resil, dodge etc. Stats are determined by server side as I know and you can't affect them, so those things won't work.

9. Back to those called crits, resil, dodge etc. Stats are determined by server side as I know and you can't affect them, so those things won't work.
    So is range. The idea is to send fake information to the server to process. Like adding hits or range checks. I'm not going to pretend I know how the scripts convince the server that a player is in range, but its quite clear that that information can be manipulated. If that can be, I don't see how its a stretch to assume crit/damage can also be. For example, someone could simply program (using the same logic as for range) to send 2 hits at the same time. The concept is the same as telling the server a character is in melee range when it is not.

Again, no idea how these scripts work since I've never used it nor tested, but I agree scripters exist solely because the punishments are not severe. Should be a permanent character deletion if caught on video the second time. Watch the scripters stop immediately when their beloved characters are on the line...

10. . I know its very hard to capture a scripter and have evidence etc.
    A little offtopic but, if you have the luxury of having a more recent Nvidea™ graphics card you can use Shadowplay™ to record in the background. If you press the hotkey you get the last 5 minutes in a clip, it has a 5% performance reduction on the game though, but it's insanely good at catching hacks/scripts.

11. A little offtopic but, if you have the luxury of having a more recent Nvidea™ graphics card you can use Shadowplay™ to record in the background. If you press the hotkey you get the last 5 minutes in a clip, it has a 5% performance reduction on the game though, but it's insanely good at catching hacks/scripts.
    its not that its hard to record them scripting, but its hard to actually prove they are scripting even with video.

12. its not that its hard to record them scripting, but its hard to actually prove they are scripting even with video.
    It's actually harder to get them banned even with the proof.

I remember one guy who was alt-tabbing during his stream and he had PQR up and running. He was reported, but didn't receive any consequences somehow and the case was dismissed. Maybe he did at the end, but as far as I remember, nothing really happened.

13. A lot of people in this thread are posting all sort of claims and accusation, but none of you posted any real proof or evidence to back it up. And no, saying "I remember it being like that on retail" or "I heard this guy is using x script" is not a proof. Gather a real evidence and make a proper report, whether it be a player, exploit or something else. Contrary to what people are saying in here, we do go through every single report we receive.

Now to address the issue where it was mentioned that people who support the server with donations have some kind of ban immunity. Again, people just throwing out accusations and claims without any evidence whatsoever. Players are being treated the same regardless of their status, that should be obvious by now, especially to players who have been playing here for a long time. If you have any proof that a certain player was not treated properly (was not banned when he should've etc), then please contact our Head Game Master.

In future posts, please avoid spreading false info, conspiracy theories or accusing players of this or that just because you think they might be breaking the rules. Forum is not place for such discussions.