1. May 14, 2017  
    You could explain that nicely without bashing on him :)
    Not sure in what part was I bashing on him...telling someone to stop being ignorant and "open his eyes and read a bit" is not really bashing on him. Also, at the "trash part" i was reffering at p2w as a trash concept, not at him talking trash, just to be clear.

2. May 14, 2017  
    Good server do not run on unicorn farts, you know?
    This made my day.

3. May 15, 2017  
    So I didnt play TBC on retail before Sunwell. And after Sunwell I think all raids were nerfed bsy 30% or something. I guess this is what referes to TBC pre / post nerf. Also there was something about TBC gear which got rebalanced (buffed) in the middle of TBC (pretty much all items).

So, is this server going to be easy (post nerf, buffed gear etc) or pre nerf (like at launch of TBC) ?

Thanks!

4. May 15, 2017  
    sorry if my question has already been answered, just need to clarify. I'm I able to multibox on this new server and is it a PVE server ?

Thx for the replies

5. May 15, 2017  
    sorry if my question has already been answered, just need to clarify. I'm I able to multibox on this new server and is it a PVE server ?

Thx for the replies
    Yes, you are allowed to multibox and no, it's a pvp server like all the other warmane servers.

6. May 15, 2017  
    Yes, you are allowed to multibox and no, it's a pvp server like all the other warmane servers.
    thx for your reply. I have no problem with being a pvp server btw. Now I just need to work out to be Alliance or Horde. lol

7. May 15, 2017  
    thx for your reply. I have no problem with being a pvp server btw. Now I just need to work out to be Alliance or Horde. lol
    If it's all the same for you, go ally I suppose, would help the faction ballance and well, you'll be more needed. That's just a thought though

8. May 15, 2017  
    Hi, me and my Gf would love to play a TBC server. We're both planning to play Alliance. Is there any plans to add toggle-able 1x xp? We love to level together and I want her to experience everything along the way (she started playing retail during wotlk so she doesnt know the horror that was vanilla and tbc)

9. May 15, 2017  
    Nothing's black or white. Creating a custom feature moves the balance a little bit to the custom classification of the server - something many tBC players don't want. That's what he wants to say, in other words. I gotta add that I don't agree with the "ruin a lot of stuff" neither, he's just exaggerating.
    I personally think that there are some features added in later expansions which are independant of a realm's feeling and playability. And I think Dual Spec is one of them. Also, I think that two specs were added not because they weren't able to add more but because they thought it was the way to do it, how they wanted the game - and since it was Blizzard's design, I wanna say it was a deliberate decision. I hope I can make point.
    About Proterean's statement regarding XP lock... I'd love to read a reason of it not being implemented. I personally think that it's the same type of feature as Dual Spec's.

Thanks.
    You are talking about "custom features" on a realm that provides gear for money, x5 reputation rate and global chat.
    Its one thing to not want it and that is OK; Its another thing to say it will RUIN something and then being unable to name that "something" and then act smart with "im not gonna bother since you dont understand" which he does below. Funny.
    People love to act like Blizzard is almighty genius, but they have proven to be incompetent in every area except money making.
    A lot of the "features" that are either delayed (like mount level 40, 30, finally 20) or added later (dual spec) simply existed for the sake of making you spend more time in the game since its subscription based. The more you spent running back and forth the more money blizzard got.
    That is why most of these restrictions are gone, people have had it with Blizz's bull**** and dont accept it anymore (for the most part)
    And yes for XP lock, I see no reason to not have it. And I dont even twink. Just let people have fun, nobody is asking for garrisons to be implemented.

If you don`t understand what I`m trying to point out, I`m not going to bother explaining it to you. That's my opinion..adding "multi-spec" and then more and more custom stuff will 100% ruin the TBC feeling. Warmane announced a TBC server...not a "Custom TBC + whatever Non-TBC features players want". If you want all that jazz....the Warmane WotLK servers are allready available for you.
    You cant name the reason why it would ruin the TBC feeling, you just *know it* right? Yes, making it so you dont have to grind each time you want to respec + run to trainer will surely RUIN that TBC experience. Kek

10. May 15, 2017  
    You cant name the reason why it would ruin the TBC feeling, you just *know it* right? Yes, making it so you dont have to grind each time you want to respec + run to trainer will surely RUIN that TBC experience. Kek
    The reason is as in-your-face as it can be. The grinding and the re-specializing, the having to plan ahead and stick to things instead of flip-flopping about at will was part of the expansion. Removing that is soiling the real experience for the sake of convenience of people who got spoiled in later expansions. Is it possible something like that might still be implemented? Sure, for good or for ill. But that doesn't changes the fact that every modification makes it less and less a true Burning Crusade experience and the purists are the ones who will have to "deal with it" for the sake of nothing but spoiled convenience.

11. May 15, 2017  
    going that way 2017 ruins tbc tho, wts time machines

12. May 15, 2017  
    going that way 2017 ruins tbc tho, wts time machines
    Because...? Herpaderpa?

13. May 15, 2017  
    The reason is as in-your-face as it can be. The grinding and the re-specializing, the having to plan ahead and stick to things instead of flip-flopping about at will was part of the expansion. Removing that is soiling the real experience for the sake of convenience of people who got spoiled in later expansions. Is it possible something like that might still be implemented? Sure, for good or for ill. But that doesn't changes the fact that every modification makes it less and less a true Burning Crusade experience and the purists are the ones who will have to "deal with it" for the sake of nothing but spoiled convenience.
    Couldn`t have said that better.
    And HonoR95, I don`t bother to explain because I get sad / angry when I see people that don`t respect 1 of the best ( if not the best ) expansion of this game. And I`m not a blizzard fanboy like you insinuate, I wouldn`t be here if that was the case. In the end neither of us can make any difference about how this server will be.

14. May 15, 2017  
    There's no good reason not to implement QoL fixes from later expansions. You know the stuff people agree definetly was a positive change.

Keeping it simply as it was simply so people that didn't play TBC can experience how bad it was before.. doesn't seem like a good enough reason.

15. May 15, 2017  
    There's no good reason not to implement QoL fixes from later expansions.
    Besides, you know, wanting to play Burning Crusade, and not later expansions.

I read this kind of thing and I imagine people playing Dark Souls and going to FromSoftware's Forums complain that they should make it so dying doesn't makes you lose your souls and so there are checkpoints before every major fight "for quality of life," seriously...

First ... 162425262728 ... Last