1. May 6, 2017  
    Stating DK leads me to believe you don't know what an "off tank" really is. Sure, around here it tends to be whatever main-tank-built player who offers to off-tank or gets the short end of the stick because they are lesser geared than the other guy. But that's not how it works when you consider actual tank builds and top-end progression at the time.

@thread, all tank classes and specs are viable in every content and on every boss. Doesn't matter what anyone says. It is true. It cannot be argued. However, there are varying degrees of effectiveness, and certain choices may leave you gimped in comparison to other tank choices, but the fact remains - all tank classes are viable in every situation.
    no this is simply not true prot warrior is unplayable on lordaeron. and yes a full toc25+ protwarr can tank ulduar i dont accept as playable

2. May 6, 2017  
    When you have Recklessness + Shield Block + Whispering fanged Skull proc + Armor Potion (forgot the name) + 5Stacks of Sunder + Shield slam = Did 5k on Drak'Tharon Keep final boss.

I'm dying.

@Mercy
    Literally prot warriors are broken and unplayable at some boss fights but that doesnt stop you from saying otherwise right?

3. May 6, 2017  
    no this is simply not true prot warrior is unplayable on lordaeron. and yes a full toc25+ protwarr can tank ulduar i dont accept as playable
    Your wrong bro, like i said earlier in this thread we did in Lordaeron full ICC 25 clear in normal+some heroic modes with warr/pala tanks. So ofc is playable on lordaeron. (Our warr tank was like 5.6gs)

4. May 6, 2017  

5. May 6, 2017  
    Spoiler: Show

Ill just leave this here.
    That's before Soul Reaper and Lich King white attack damage were fixed.

6. May 6, 2017  
    nice dmg scripts bro xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Stating DK leads me to believe you don't know what an "off tank" really is. Sure, around here it tends to be whatever main-tank-built player who offers to off-tank or gets the short end of the stick because they are lesser geared than the other guy. But that's not how it works when you consider actual tank builds and top-end progression at the time.
    tbh idc what u think cuz its irrelevant for me anyway, dk is great ot, prot warr in icc/rs is trash, reroll pala or bear if u want easy mode end of story

7. May 6, 2017  
    That's before Soul Reaper and Lich King white attack damage were fixed.
    I know its old core, clearly evident by Ragings not immune to necrotic, the point is and was Warriors are viable, I've gotten people kingslayer 5.2 prot warr MT'in lk NEW core, regardless its not about the tank but the healers, If a hpala has to dispell instead of holy light and the tank doesn't receive a heal for 3 seconds thats not being '1shot' etc like people complain. I could go on but you get my point.

8. May 6, 2017  
    Tank defencive cooldowns and passives:

Death Knight
    Deffencive Cooldowns:
    [Icebound Fortitude] - 30%+ (50% as tank) Damage Reduction. 12sec Duration, 2min CD.
    [Army of the Dead] - XX% (Dodge% + Parry%) Damage Reducion, cant parry or dodge an attack while casting. 5sec Duration, 10min CD.
    [Vampiric Blood] - Grants 15% of max HP and 35% increase of all Healing effects on u. 15sec Duration, 1min CD.
    [Blood Tap] (4/5 T10) - 12% Damage Reduction. 12sec Duration, 1min CD.
    [Anti-Magic Shell] - 75% Magic DMG apsorb (max 50% of total DK HP). 5sec Duration, 45sec CD.
    Deffencive Abilities:
    [Rune Tap] - 20% of Max HP heal. Instant Cast, 30sec CD.
    [Death Strike] - 10% of Max HP heal. Instant Cast, Avrg of 5+sec CD.
    [Death Pact] - 40% of Max HP heal. Instant Cast, 2min CD.
    Passives
    [Will of the Necropolis] - Damage that would take u, or taken below 35% HP is reduced by 15%.
    [Frost Presence] - 8% Damage Reduction.
    [Blade Barrier] - 5% Damage Reduction.
    [Spell Deflection] - Chance to reduce Direct Damage spell (Breath, Infest, Blistering Cold, Shadowbolt,...) by 45%.

Total of 13% Passive Damage Reduction.

Supportive Spells/Auras/Buffs
    [Abomination's Might] - 10% attack power to all group/raid members.
    [Improved Icy Talons] - 20% melee haste to all group/raid members.
    [Mark of Blood] - 4% of max HP heal after getting hit by a target with mark (20stacks).
    [Hysteria] - Increases Physical DMG by aditional 20%. For 1 group/raid member.
    [Horn of Winter]

Paladin
    Deffencive Cooldowns:
    [Divine Protection] - 50% Damage Reduction. 12sec Duration, 2min CD.
    [Hand of Salvation] - Glyphed. 20% Damage Reduction. 10sec Duration, 2min CD.
    [Divine Guardian] - 20% Damage Reduction. 6sec Duration, 2min CD.
    [Divine Plea] (4/5 T10) - 12% Dodge Chance. 10sec Duration, 1min CD.
    [Ardent Defender] - Passive. If killed causes to be healed to 30%+ Health (based on Def rating). 2min CD.
    Deffencive Abilities:
    [Sacred Shield] - Apsorbing Shield. 1min Duration, no CD.
    [Lay on Hands] - 100% Health Heal, and 20% Damage Reduction with talents. Instant Cast/15sec Duration, 11-15min CD.
    Passives
    [Ardent Defender] - Damage that would take u, or taken below 35% HP is reduced by 20%.
    [Improved Righteous Fury] - 6% Damage Reduction.
    [Glyph of Divine Plea] - 3% Damage Reduction.
    [Shield of the Templar] - 3% Damage Reduction.
    [Guarded by the Light] - 6% Reduced Spell Damage Taken.

Total of 12% Passive Damage Reduction.

[Improved Devotion Aura] - Increased Healing effects by 6%.
    [Divine Sacrifice], [Hand of Sacrifice], [Hand of Protection], [Aura Mastery], [Hand of Freedom], [Cleanse].
    [Vindication], [Heart of the Crusader]
    [Blessing of Sanctuary] / [Blessing of Kings] / [Blessing of Might] / [Blessing of Wisdom]

From my pov, DK as Main tank and Paladin as Off tank is the best combo out there, especialy for fight like Lich King. With **** ton of defencive cooldowns and awesome suport from a prot paladin, DK can solo tank LK in p2 and p3 easy. Just time ur cooldowns corectly and ask for some help from the Paladin.

Druid
    Deffencive Cooldowns:
    [Barkskin] - 20% Damage Reduction. 12sec Duration, 1min CD.
    [Survival Instincts] - Grants 30% of max HP (45% if Glyphed). 20sec Duration, 3min CD.
    [Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration] - Healing effects on the druid are stronger for 20%. 10sec Duration, 3min CD.
    [Enrage] (4/5) - 12% Damage Reduction. 10sec Duration, 1min CD.
    Passives
    Largest Health Pool in the game (i consider this to be a Passive advantage over other classes, since its not a small amount).
    [Protector of the Pack] - 12% Damage Reduction.
    [Savage Defense] - When u criticaly hit while in Bear Form, Grants a Shield apsorbing DMG equal to 25% of total Attack Power.

Total of 12% Passive Damage Reduction.

[Leader of the Pack] - 5% increase to Ranged and Melee Crit chance.
    [Innervate] - 225% of Druids Base mana over 10sec. 3min CD.
    [Rebirth] - Combat Rez. 10min CD.
    [Faerie Fire] - 5% Armor Reduction.
    [Demoralizing Roar], [Remove Curse], [Cyclone](LDW Mind Controls)
    [Mark of the Wild]

Warrior
    Deffencive Cooldowns:
    [Shield Wall] - 60% Damage Reduction (40% if Glyphed). 12sec Duration, 4min CD (2min CD if Glyphed).
    [Shield Block] - 100% Block Chance. 10sec Duration, 40sec CD.
    [Last Stand] - Grants 30% of max HP. 20sec Duration, 3min CD (2min CD if Glyphed)
    [Bloodrage] (4/5 T10) - 20% of maximum HP as apsorb Shield. 1min CD. (worst 4/5 t10 bonus ever invented)
    Deffencive Abilities:
    [Spell Reflection] - Reflects the next spell cast on warrior. 10sec CD.
    Passives
    [Defensive Stance] - 10% Damage Reduction.
    [Improved Defensive Stance] - 6% Spell Damage Reduction.

Total of 10% Passive Damage Reduction.

[Vigilance] - Player with this Buff gets 3% DMG reduction and 10% Threat Transfered to Warrior.
    [Intervene] - Cast on a friendly player. Intercept the next attack against that player.
    [Safeguard] - Damage Taken reduced by 30% for 6 sec on the target of Intervene.
    [Improved Spell Reflection] - 4 closest party Members also get Spell Reflection.
    [Sunder Armor] - 1/5 Stacks 4% Armor Reduction on target. 5/5 20% Armor Reduction on target.
    [Commanding Shout] / [Battle Shout], [Demoralizing Shout], [Piercing Howl]

If i made a mistake or forgot something correct me please.
    But all in all, u can see why DKs and Paladins have Advantage over other two classes i guess.
    Ferals are great cos they have **** ton of Health. When it comes to defencives, they are still weak compared to DKs and Paladins. Bear tanks are kinda dependant on how good healers are, if not topped before taking next big hit, they will die.

Its not that Warrior is broken, its just as DarkenedHue said, its "class isn't as well-equipped at dealing with extremely hard-hitting bosses as other tank specs", especialy in 3.3.5a patch. U can make it work, and test ur healers a lot, but chances of getting killed (oneshoted aswell) are higher compared to DK and Prot Paladin, and even Ferals.
    Edited: June 7, 2017

9. May 6, 2017  

10. May 6, 2017  
    I am a newbie Feral tank and I am offended! @Gnimo

11. May 6, 2017  
    If proc warrior is broken just roll a proc paladin simple solution.

12. May 6, 2017  
    Keep making those prot warriors bois, listen to dike, he knows what he is talking about. Dont forget to thank him afterwards... :)
    ye kek, obviously its always better to listen to the guy, who links video claiming that prot warr is trash, while OT prot warrior in the same video tanks shamblings. logic?

13. May 6, 2017  
    @dike
    Riiight... U know exactly why they used Warrior for tanking? Cos its sooo well equiped when it comes to talents and abilities for that fight?
    Maybe they wanted to burn it and went yolo mode cos they needed constant 5/5 sunders on every target?
    Maybe they needed longer AoE stun for Valks?
    Maybe he is saying that cos they had a bad expirience with Warrior tank after 10000 atempts and realised how bad it is for that fight?
    Maybe they spent months gearing that Warrior tank, not knowing how ****y it is going to be compared to other tanks at 3.3.5, and they didnt have anything else geared enough for LK 25m HC?
    Cos u know, they didnt instantly get these patch notes and couldnt donate for gear..?
    Oh fak, sorry, i forgot that u cant use that brain of urs properly. I guess ur big ego is in its way. Sux... :(
    And yea, comparing Paladin and Warrior tank from all those spells i linked above, u clearly see how they are close when it comes to usefullness to the raid and survability. Or maybe i forgot about some magical ability Warrior have that makes him better than Paladin for Tanking (both main and offtanking)?

Im just glad that u will send a random scrub that has no knowledge of the game farming those items, spending months gearing that Warrior, just to get one shoted by LK and replaced by a Paladin tank, cos hey, my ego is big. Good to know... :)

14. May 6, 2017  
    @for everyone else
    I wont ever say: DONT PLAY WARRIOR TANK AT ALL COST!
    If u find that class fun, and if u enjoy playing it, by all means do so.
    But be warned! Paladin and DK are better suited for that job.
    U might end up getting one shotted by End Game bosses.
    I saw couple of awesome great tank players tanking Lich King and Halion 25m hc with warriors, but i also saw them get oneshoted after Interveeing the main tank, so yea... :D

15. May 6, 2017  
    gnimo if you exclude bear tanks one more time out of the equation we will never be friends :(

First 123 Last